Quick-Fun-Super Hard-Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slayergramp, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #81 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Actually i started that thread using the touch arcade bot. I regret it now, seeing as to how invasive the games ads are now.

We have moved to the following thread:

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
  3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Worm Run! That game is awesome. At first I disliked the swipe controls, but they grew on me. So intense when the worm is right on your tail

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed. But for me, it's Boson X's randomization is what makes it more difficult than Duet which can be played again and again to develop a bit of auto-memory through most of the hardest stages.

Duet's endless modes are brutal though, but completing Duet's (except for the last few levels) level modes are a lot easier to complete than Boson X.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    If you like Bitless then definitely check out Spunk and Moxie. It's like a 16 bit version of Bitless. The game can be brutal at times but also rewarding when you get that elusive gold star. ;)

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One quick fun super hard game that may have been missing a mention in the thread is Attack of the Spooklings. Im sure there is a lite version before you jump on to the paid one ($1) so you can get a feel of the game first.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice. Thanks.

8. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Catch 22 is simple, but AMAZING
    It is nothing like the other games in this thread, though.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im really glad with the amount of attention this thread is getting. All these games are premium games.

Last thing we want is give too much attention to more freemium games and passively promote them. LOL

10. Bronxsta

I saw some mentions of it in the 1001 thread and DSY thread so I was curious

11. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I was made aware of this thread coz I just asked a similar question over in the 1001 Attempts thread!

Seems this genre hasn't got a name yet. I hear "hex-like" pretty neat but doesn't really say what it is. I say "minimalist survival"... What'ddya think? ;)

I'm definitely checking out some of the ones I never head if in the posts above, thanks everyone... Keep em coming.

Here's some that are on my iThingies:-
    Slayin
    Catch 22
    Dead pixel
    Spin up
    Half inch heist
    The blocks cometh
    Bit dungeon
    Alcatrapz

Badland... But I don't really mean that one touch up/down affair. Tho badland is utterly amazing and easily one of my top 10 (even 5) games ever.

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Catch.22

I have a cool little story about that game.
    About a month ago in went to reinstall it, but it was no longer in the App Store. I emailed the dev. He apologized for my inconvenience, he put it back in the App Store, and then he did something really cool:

As an apology, and a thank you for my support! he built me a custom build of Catch.22 (and his upcoming game) that had my name in the menu, an apology, and a thank you for my support.

I love indie devs. Well some of them anyway.

So...yeah. Because of the awesome game, and the even more amazing dev...I can't recommend Catch.22 any higher.

13. Bronxsta

#93 Bronxsta, Nov 17, 2013
    That's awesome. I think I'll have to get this just to support the developer. Any reason why he had removed it in the first place?

And just remembered another good one: jtpck

Damn, the App Store is like a breeding ground for this genre. I got my eye on both IOS and PC games because I'm always looking for new titles for my blog, and it seems like the genre is thriving way more on IOS. Anyone else agree?

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    He didn't get specific, but he said it was a mistake.

15. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    As a way of saying thank you to the dev of Catch.22, if you're on the fence about it, I will gladly gift it to you.

PM me if you haven't picked it up yet.

16. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Another couple to add to the list:
    Tilt to Live (and 2)
    Toybox (epic little game!)
    Infectionator (and 2 - a bit easy but gets harder if you get far enough)
    Major Magnet (not really hard but gorgeous graphics)

1 more, Circadia

I love this genre it's all I have time to play these days :(

....btw as a folder name 'Mini Survival' fitted better haha

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just had a look at the catch 22 on the App Store, no denying it looks pretty but what is it that you have to do? I can't quite figure it out from reading the description, do you kind if chase yourself?

18. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Its hard to explain, but sort of. You are an orb rotating around a sphere. There's another rotating the opposite direction. You have to dodge it, and every time you get a gem thingy your direction is reversed.

To add to the extreme complexity of the simple premise, there's a trail showing you what's going to happen.

Hard to explain. Amazing game. It has like a 90 on metacritic I believe.

+1 for Circadia. I mentioned it earlier. Its an App Store classic, in my opinion. Must-Own.

19. It looks similar to Collision Effect, another good puzzle game.

20. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #100 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2013
    PM me. Ill gift it to you too. You, me, and Bronxsta can have a little 3-Way high score comp.
    Its the least I can do, after what the dev did for me.

Will have a look at this. I think I have it already, but I'm not sure.