iPad Radiant Defense - (by Hexage.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Apr 18, 2012.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #21 awp69, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Well, it won't be tonight. Already am going to be a zombie at work tomorrow, but when I get back to it, I'll let you know if I have any success. Please do share if you beat it first!

Other than the tower AI, I'm at least liking it more now. Also picked up Robotek. Pretty cool little game.

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I'm waiting to play it tomorrow. :)

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ok, i'll play some more tonight...

right now I'm playing with the level layout... just managed to make a completely different labyrinth so I'm hoping this will help since the auto save that i had on wave 11 was impossible to beat perfectly with my current layout and towers

4. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    By the same people as Robotek means I have to check it out.

Shame it's free, these games are worth as much as anything else onn the app store and I'd gladly have paid the couple bucks knowing that Robotek was actually pretty good.

5. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #25 Drexiel, Apr 18, 2012
    Finally ffs i managed to beat Wave 11 on Mission 2, perfect... now that stupid boss on wave 12 -__-

I almost got him... man this game requires a lot of thinking, fast fingers and an open mind when making the labyrinths

EDIT: Woot finally killed the Wave 12 boss.... took me a few tries but i found the trick...

Damn! this game is hard

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Congrats on Wave 12! Got a bit more time to play today and did pretty well until....Wave 11 on Mission 2. Yep, it's got me hosed too. But I guess it's not impossible.

Still think some of the difficulty is the tower AI. I had one cannon that kept moving back and forth like it didn't know where to fire and I don't think it did for the entire wave!

7. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Thank you for playing Radiant Defense!

..and starting this thread! :D

Tip1: Turrets always fire at the targets closest to them, so it's good to build a back up near the Spiral, to finish wounded runners.

Tip2: Upgrading is well worth it! Maxed out tower is usually 6x more effective than its basic version - and it costs much less than 6 new towers. That said, you need more towers to cover more area...

Tip3: When the waves are easy, try to save money. You'll collect bigger efficiency bonus, which is 10% out of everything you don't spend. This money will be helpful when things get tougher.

Tip4: Experiment with various weapons, they can very well cooperate together: Cannons soften blobs, Beliahs pump damage constantly, Biocid Spray has huge spread etc.

Enjoy! :D

8. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #28 Drexiel, Apr 18, 2012
    here's my layout for Mission 2 (I know this is at wave 12 and not 11... i forgot to take the picture .-. but they mobs all died at the tesla... only 1 mob managed to live... and it died at the hands of the cannon when he approached the vortex)

[​IMG]

If you can look closely, my Tesla and Gas towers have 3 lights, both machine guns have 2 lights and so does the cannon... There was also a Laser on the top left part of the upper machine gun.And i think there was another laser in the middle of the 9x9 at the bottom. (For wave 12 i sold some towers and kept selling and repositioning towers in order to follow the boss. Hint: Use and spread a bit the cheap laser towers, the constant damage will ensure the boss doesn't regenerate. And don't bother with more than 1 cannon, they take too long to shoot at it)

those turrets like that and the layout made Wave 11 a breeze... which was a pain to figure out since my last node set up(labyrinth) had it's entrance on top and it made the wave impossible to perfect.

Currenlty battling Mission 3.... got to wave 15 no problem... and then problems started happening... stupid flies that regenerate...

9. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    #29 Hexage, Apr 18, 2012
    Looking at the screen, you could've killed the Jello!

Selling tesla (slow firing weapons are no good against regenerates.)
    Then selling the first spray. That would give you enough money to place maxed out laser right next to the Gauss Gun.

Tested it, Jello died! So close.
    Regenerating creeps need either huge damage to kill in one shot (cannons vs flies) or constant fire, without pause.

Wish you the best of luck!

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the tips Hexage. Love your games - particularly Radiant, Evac and Robotek (which I somehow managed to overlook but grabbed last night along with this).

Drexiel, when I get a chance, I'll have to play around with a set-up similar to yours.

Very nice game, but it's got a pretty good difficulty ramp up. (Evac, which I still haven't finished, sadly, also gets pretty hard).

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Loving the game! I wanted to pick up some packs to help support the devs, any suggestions in which 2 to buy?

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yup, definitely another fantastic game from Hexage. though I do wish the sfx were different than Robotek's... even if just distorted or messed around with more... something to make them not sound exactly the same... or close to exactly the same.

But aside from that, I'm definitely enjoying it, which is saying something, as I haven't been able to really enjoy an iOS TD game in a while... It doesn't really do anything new, but what it does do is done exceptionally well. That, and the difficulty... especially the difficulty, make it a game that I know I'm going to be hooked on for a while. I've already sunk about 4 hours into it... so... YIPPIE~

13. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Which packs to choose...

Thank you!!

You really can't go wrong.

XENOBIOLOGY - gives you Recuperators which double the money you get from nearby kills. That's always helpful. Long, global slowdown of Terrorshock virtually cuts any cooldowns by half. It's like a bullet time, for the aliens...

SCIENCE - combines really exceptionally well with XENO. Just park Blades next to the Recuperator and you'll swim in cash ;) Blades are also a great counter against shields. Omega cannon has fast recharge and you can use it most frequently out of all superweapons.

EXPLOSIVE - mines are cheap and devastating. It's a universal problem solver that you can use at any time. Or - plan ahead, line them up and prepare a really hurtful route for the boss... Missile Launcher is a great alternative to cannons, it's more expensive and slower, however the missiles are target seeking, their range unlimited and they make bigger bang.

BURNING - Flamethrower is lethal against anything small and anything that regenerates. It has no obvious weakness which makes it perhaps the most universal weapon of all. Searchlight is a MUST against bosses and it basically multiplies the power of all weapons firing at its marked target. Beliah turrets do 200% damage to marked targets, Gauss 140%, Missiles & Mines 180% etc.

Hope this helps!

14. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #34 Drexiel, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    I actually did kill it xD it took me 10 minutes to figure it out but i did... this pic was in the wave that i killed the boss in...

the lasers are great to avoid the boss' regen, and that combined with the gas towers helped out a lot... AND since the Tesla(at least it says so in the description) will make anything that got hit, receive more damage, i managed to kill it pretty quick(at least quick compared to how long it took me to beat mission 2)

Oh and Hexage, one of the reasons I like your apps so much is cuz of the Neon graphics xD Anything neon is like a drug to me D: xD

Once I can use my credit card again, imma buy Radiant for my ipad(have it on ipod, never actually played it though ._.) and the Flame tower pack

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

yes it does! Will purchase some packs, maybe all depending how much I spend tonight. Def awesomeness, great job!

16. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    [​IMG]

F*ck this level! I've spent too much time trying to get past this level. Pissing me off to no end! I've bought the explosive/flaming/xeno pack.

DEVS, please offer up some help or anyone.. The wave with all the crabs is bullsh*t, that's as far as I can go. ;)

Love it though!

17. DahakaJR

Dec 23, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    Ok, just scraped by. Next level, 6, equally tough!

Fek! The damn shields are effed.

There needs to be a casual mode. I feel as if it's on hell. :(

18. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Could you please post a picture of your setup? I'll do my best to help. If it's shields that give you trouble, it's necessary to invest to upgraded Tesla.

Tip: Tachyon Generator placed close to Tesla would give it time to hit 'em with few more pulses.

19. DahakaJR

Dec 23, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    Ok, after a couple tries this is what I ended up with before last wave. Here goes nothing!

[​IMG]

20. playpunk

playpunk Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Teacher, curator, author, artist
    San francisco
    #40 playpunk, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    This is some great tower defense! I too am stuck on five though I made it to the last wave last time I played. Got a new idea I'm gonna try from reading this so...wish me luck!

By the way, I bought all the inapp purchases and even went and bought the rest of your games based on the strength of this one game alone! I quite like the little PAC man clone but it's effing hard too! Nice work!

I did it! Divided they fell! One thing: that last boss! She gives you a negative score?! And she blew up right next to a recuperator so I got a double negative against my resources? Oooooh, that's mean!