iPad Radiant Defense - (by Hexage.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I cannot say how much I love tha game! I decided to support the Devs and purchased all the packs, I thought it would make the game super easy, I was wrong, the right set up and strategy is still needed. It does help, but does not make it too easy, love it and loving every hour I invest in this game!

2. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Congratulations!! That's a really tough mission to figure out - Each Eonite Gemma gives you 3000 score + the extra score you get for a budget leftover!

Thank you so much for your support!! Hope you'll enjoy the game - stay tuned, new missions will be added in the upcoming months (or sooner) :)

3. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    do the packs contain more levels>? or are the current levels it for now?

4. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    More levels, varied and different, will be added in a content update soon (in the 1-2 upcoming months).

5. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    awesome! i am going to buy all of the packs to support!

6. Hexagegirl

Hexagegirl New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Hi! First I would like to say to Hexage: I love all your games so much! I even made the Hexage wiki! :D
    I am going to review Robotek and Radiant Defense, so maybe the reviews will be there soon. :)

Also, even with all the packs, Radiant Defense is super tough. But I guess that is what you can expect with a Hexage game! Awesome job though!

For everybody else: Radiant Defense takes place in over 25 years in the future... and Max Blaster may be the commander in this game! :p

7. GloBaller

GloBaller Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Illinois
    What about an endless mode to see how long you can last?

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

No extra levels, although the Devs will be adding more soone. The packs are weapon packs that offer more assistance for your cause. Hope this helps.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I didn't see this addressed in the thread so I'll ask, does anyone know why this app asks for your iTunes password when you open it? It seems that is the cause of all the negative iTunes reviews, and honestly if I wasn't familiar with this company and the quality of their products, I would have thought that it was a pretty shady app myself when that happened.

Love the game. I don't really need another TD, but I got it and bought the packs (2 so far, all before long) to support hexage, who I keep hoping will make a Radiant 2 :D but it turns out it's really awesome, and I've been playing it quite a bit.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup. Every time I open the app it asks for my iTunes password. No idea why...

11. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Thank you for your support!! We're restoring existing in-app purchases on the first startup which brings about the login dialog (it's opened by system, not by the game). That is quite confusing for most users, so we've submitted an update that removes this (On April 18, Apple approval process takes some time...).

Even after the update, you'll be able to restore your purchases anytime manually from the OPTIONS.

12. playpunk

playpunk Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Teacher, curator, author, artist
    San francisco
    I am going crazy with mission 7! I just keep getting hammered around level 23 or so when all those different guys who look like crescent dinner rolls come into play! I think I have adequate defenses, but then those guys just blow right thru them and I am just so much useless dead meat! Augh!

As relief from this I am playing the crap out of the space invaders clone-ish radiant HD. Fantastic game also! A total joy!

13. GloBaller

GloBaller Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Illinois
    Will the mission be the only thing available? Are their any other game modes in the works? I want to be interested, but i feel like im gonna beat it once and never touch it again :/

14. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    More levels are coming ;)

15. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I can't wait to get home to my iPad and play this game. The art style is something I'm immediately attracted to. So. Good.

16. thingo

thingo New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    OK, I suspect I'm about to sound like an idiot, so please try to resist the temptation to flame me.

How do I get through the tutorial?

Just got the game on the Mac app store and tried to play the tutorial level, but am getting nowhere. I buy the only gun available (spending all $70 of my startup fund) but it just sits there occasionally changing direction, but not firing. In all my experience of tower defence type games, you place a gun and it fires at the enemy. What extremely obvious thing am I missing?

17. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    #57 Hexage, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    Radiant Defense is quite different from other TDs in some aspects. One of them is that the enemies won't march on you automatically. You can start the wave yourself, when you're ready.

To start the wave, click the pulsing "Skull" icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

The other differences would be - much greater emphasis on the economy and on tactical positioning of the towers. I'd recommend to check out Help section for more useful tips.

18. JJay

JJay Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Great game, really enjoyable, just a little short.
    Downloaded this game last night and purchased the upgrades. Great game, really enjoying it and hope there’s more game play to come (but please don’t let it be via IAP!) The game feels a little short to me as I’m almost at the end of the 9 missions and it hasn’t taken all that long. I was reluctant to purchase the 4 upgrades but felt it was required to play the game. I also saw that more levels are coming and would not have spent the money for the upgrades to simply satisfy the 9 missions. Please let the new missions be free to those that have already purchased the existing content :) otherwise I will sadly have to pass :(

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is this correct: towers target the alien closest to them, then stay focused on that alien until it is dead or out of range, then the tower targets the alien closest to it again?

20. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    #60 Bethany, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    I did the same thing... it took me longer than I want to admit to realize that the floating skulls were just marking the path the creeps were going to take and weren't actually creeps themselves.

So far I'm enjoying this... it's been a long time since I've played any of the zillion TD games on my iPod and now I'm remembering why I have so many in the first place... because I like TD. :)

So far I'm not finding the cannons and the... er... slowdown thingys very useful. The flamethrower, however, rocks.

EDIT: I take that back. Fully upgraded and put in a heavy kill zone, the slowdown thingys rock, too.