Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Took 10% battery in 10mins:) Looks really really good and plays well.

I only struggle to hit animals with a weapon.

2. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #22 Frumius, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    The Atypical/Revo Game Beta Group has set up a Fan Club here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/608882895877849/

Just request to come in and you'll be admitted. It's a Fan Club.

It's set to private so your game-related posts won't show up in your non-gaming friends' timelines! :)

The Fan Club has lots of Screenshots, Answers, Tips, Beta Group Members, and occasional visits by the developers. There's a VAST world out there. Go into it prepared.

Here's an album with some screenshots:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/album.php?albumid=1814

Watch your step.
    [​IMG]

The Truth is Out There
    [​IMG]

So many more good pics! But I'll refrain. Too hard to share here. Come over to the Fan Club.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What two people gave this 3 stars , but wouldn't post on the topic?

4. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Is this a sandbox game? It kinda looks like Far Cry 3 with zombies after seeing a certain picture of it. Do you build your own shelter and do what you want day to day or is there a story that you have to follow?

5. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I played only 30 mins. I can already say this game is amazing. It's an iOS game I was waiting for and I actually didn't expect it.

6. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    I'm kind of worried about the replayability of this game. I originally thought it was an endless survival game, but it appears to be an adventure game with a definite ending (correct me if I'm wrong). Can you build anything in this game? Is the ending definite, or do you continue playing afterwards? I'm slightly worried about the replayability.

7. NexusInfinity

NexusInfinity Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the game

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    *cough cough

Gave 5-stars to this game (TA rating) and asks what kind of game this is.

9. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #29 RenTin850, Jan 29, 2015
    Lol I didn't mean to rate the game I unrated it and I guess it hasn't updated yet. Looks like you are sick buddy need a cough drop? lol

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LMAO :D

--------------
    anyway, I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the game's description. So, is this sandbox like Minecraft or more like STALKER? I'll probably wait for a gameplay video, but I'd like to know asap, because if it's Minecrat clone, I'm so in. I just need to be quick with my 25€ budget for this week cause it's sick how many great games is out today.

11. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Looks great and I think it's really cheap too! Instabuy!

12. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    That's exactly what I'm thinking too. The replayability of it.

13. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    There are 3 different modes You can choose after the tutorial is completed: exploration, adventure and survival. However i'm not sure if the survival mode is endless. I'm playing the adventure mode now but i'm still at the beginning so I can't say much yet.

14. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    [Developer here]

At the moment there's the singleplayer story mode that's over 40 hours long and has a definite ending. After you finish the story, you unlock multiplayer mode. You are not forced to end the story in a set time, you can spend as much time as you want doing stuff. We'll add endless mode soon.

The difference between exploration, adventure and survival is mainly difficulty:
    • survival: you lose everything you have in your inventory you when you die. Tough monsters.
    • adventure: you lose the object you're holding in your hand when you die. Weaker monsters.
    • exploration: practically a god-mode. Monsters are the weakest and don't attack you. Use this mode to explore the world and discover recipes.

15. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Just few mins in and i already feel like i got far cry on my device..will be back impressions after few hours :)

16. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I haven't played STALKER. Compared to Minecraft, well, first of all you don't bend the terrain to your will and it doesn't look like you build houses. You do build things like boxes and beds and so on (there are existing shacks and other structures that you can appropriate). Or in other words, it is a survival game, but with more focus on survival and less on crafting. You still do chop down trees, dig or crack rocks for resources, hunt animals, craft tools and weapons and hang gliders (apparently, according to the help), and so on.

It's a sandbox in the sense that it doesn't seem to force you to complete the story. You uncover notes and such and there are certain goals than can obviously only done once, but you might as well take your time. After the tutorial, anyway, which is relatively short. You get like five achievements for basic tasks in it, but in the end it has you chop down a tree and kill a bunny and then you're on your own. Of course there are more achievements you can work toward (or wait until you accomplish them randomly). They seem like they're meant to be a guide on how to survive more than actual goals.

I have to say this game looks absolutely beautiful on my iPhone 6. I look forward to playing it on my iPad as well. There is a button that says I can transfer my safe to the cloud that looks promising.

17. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Only problem is an overheating issue with iPhone 6 :(

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I am also getting a FarCry vibe here. Bought this instantly, pricing seems ridiculous low.

19. Azi

Azi Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Purchased it just because it reminded me of STALKER. One of favourite gaming experiences ever.

On 6+ it looks amazing thus far. There's is plenty to discover and from the map a very large Island to explore.

If 40 hours is what it takes - for the price and no IAP it's fkn worth it if you enjoy survival games!

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #40 Vovin, Jan 29, 2015
    Overheating? Did it switch off?