Ragdoll Blaster 3: Scores, Tips, and Screenshots

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Phantom X, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Ok Ragdol noob question :- what does the little guy clinging to a little star by your star rating mean ?? He keeps appearing

2. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I seem to be getting him if I break 10,000 for my score. It's a bonus star. I'm only 8 levels in so I can't be completely sure.

Also glad to see that score is weighted in favor of lower doll count rather than collecting all the buttons :D

3. Jables

Jables Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Game Designer
    Colorado
    Hey guys,

Just a heads up that we've got a few basic Ragdoll Blaster 3 threads setup so we can keep all our faithful Ragdoll Blaster 3 fans up to date with news and content updates as they release. You can check them out here if you like.

Ragdoll Blaster 3
    Ragdoll Blaster 3 HD

You can also follow us on Twitter or Like Ragdoll Blaster 3 on Facebook to stay in the loop on news and updates.

That ends our shameless self promotion. Hope you guys are digging the game and really look forward to seeing some of the crazy scores and replays you all come up with!

Happy Ragdoll Blasting!

4. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Ok there 3 threads running will stick here though as phantom will no doubt be a front runner ;)

Anyone else any ideas what extra star and little dude stuck to it mean ??

5. Bob Murphy

Bob Murphy Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Disappointed

I'm afraid that I'm disappointed in this new version. I don't like the idea of collecting buttons or buying things in a store. It's also not clear to me what is considered best anymore. In previous versions I simply wanted to hit the target with the fewest shots.

I haven't accessed the leaderboard yet. Do I need to log in to Game Center? Will I then see that it does record who has the fewest shots for a given level?

I'm sure I'll play more levels but I don't think I'll care enough to be competitive this time.

Bob

6. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    First run through done 210k in top 5 so far in medow ok loads of tweaking to be done, liking the game so far great visual and very different from my usual physics puzzler but loving it do far :D

7. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    I already want to see Phantom X's list for the first room. LOL.

@Bob I certainly agreed with you at first but the buttons are growing on me. I know the time thing is where I will lose touch with the top scorers. All in all the scoring system us growing on me. I like the fact that even though I have a 1 doll on some levels I know I can get a higher score by hitting another button with the same doll first. Providing I can compensate for time of course.

8. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    I take it the lo and hd versions have the same leaderboard?

I hope there is no physics differences between the two if that's the case.

Can anyone confirm?

9. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, the buttons are something that have grown on me too. They add to the overall score. I actually really like the new scoring instead of just beating your personal record.

You get points for how many buttons you collect, how fast you beat a level, and using the least amount of dolls possible. It all flows extremely well since the buttons are on the way to the target anyways and time just adds to leaderboard competitiveness.

I can also confirm that you get the mini star when you break 10,000. I can also confirm that you can break 10,000 without collecting all the buttons, but going extremely fast.

I can also confirm that there will be minimal grind to get dolls. I've earned 333 coins and I'm only on 1-8--been tryna break 10,000 on all the levels plus play Raid Leader.

Lastly, I'm not the biggest cutesy fan, but I really, really like the the new design. The little cut scenes and voice acting add a lot of personality to the game as well. I'm also digging the whole blueprint thing.

Kudos to Backflip!!!

10. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Different leaderboard for HD and LD. The levels in the first world played the same way.

11. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    Perfect.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm going to need to "borrow" the wife's ipad then (I sold mine to try android out - lol)

12. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    #32 killy billy, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Absolutely Loving it so far!!

Already 5th place in the world on the first scene :D
    Trying to up my scores on each level now!
    Most of them i got with 1 ragdoll but there are a few that's already giving me a headache :p
    "chimney" for one...is it even possible to do with 1 ragdoll??

EDIT: what is the iap rocket ragdoll for?

13. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #33 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012

chimney is a 2 for me still.

no idea what the rocket doll is for.

I also know I'm going to hate the first person that tells me a certain level can be done in 1!!

Edit: Ok I may not hate them any more - unless they got more buttons or did it on less time (or god forbid both).

14. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    I bought a rocket doll, just to find out. It lets you skip levels, basically. You don't get points for it. You can use it more than once.

Are you going to hate me if I told you i did 14 patchwork meadows levels in 1? ;)

15. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    238k for Patchwork Meadows - :eek: if i knew where to find you Phantom X :eek:

16. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #36 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012
    nope - 14 was always a 1 :p (and getting it with all buttons was a pita)

but there are a few tougher 1's out there in Patchwork Meadows :p

17. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #37 ctay, Feb 9, 2012
    nice game

18. Bob Murphy

Bob Murphy Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Game Center sync?

Okay - I guess I'm starting to like the game after all. I do have some questions though.

(1) A friend played with joining Game Center. Now that he's joined, it does not show any of his scores. Can he sync his score with Game Center and not have to replay all those levels?

(2) My interest is in using the fewest dolls. Is there a way to quickly see how many dolls I've used on each level. With Ragdoll and Ragdoll 2, I could see my number of dolls used on one screen. Now it seems I have to select each level before getting this info.

(3) Are there instructions anywhere which explain the new scoring system?

Bob

19. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    #39 Shaun glitch, Feb 9, 2012
    Ok noone mentioned this yet but why is total score leader board not the total score ?? Just your highest on a book ! :confused:

20. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    #40 Shaun glitch, Feb 9, 2012
    Bob press the "I" icon next to your score it breaks down the points for you :)

Also press pause in level it tells you your best dolls used and best score :)