Ragdoll Blaster 3: Scores, Tips, and Screenshots

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Phantom X, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #41 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    I think the "overall" is actually just the room score that you have the highest score in. methinks "bug" :p

Talking about scores - lets get some teasers out:

Patchwork Meadows (for me):

Highest level score = 13831
    Lowest level Score = 10111

2. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    You misread me. I mean i have 14 out of the 20 levels in 1. hate me now?

3. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Ok I updated the first page. EVENTUALLY, I'll post best known doll counts for each level. I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone.

Vayduh- You're gonna catch me today...gotta work ;) 239 is already done for me on HD (gotta tweak my LD score) so don't stop at 238. I'd imagine we'll see 240s.

Anybody been able to pull off a "1" on Patchwork 11? (Don't worry, I don't have it)

4. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    just noticing a few neat things about this game; you can replay your best solution and email it... how fun is that? good bye to single screen shots :)

5. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    doesnt seem to save the "best" solution for me

6. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    Nice work on HD, man. I'm missing a "1" I see :eek:

7. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    nope i have a 2 on level 11.

I wont be playing that much today - just picking it up for a few minutes here and there :)

I'm going to take my time with this version

8. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #48 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012
    erm - let me count what I have

Yes I hate you

(but i think i know what level - and its not 11)

got it! (my first 14k+ level) and 239k on Patchwork (better do some work now)

I do agree with X though - this room will go into the 240k's

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    You are absolutely RIGHT! seems to replay your first successful attempt :(
    how dumb is that?! could have been a useful idea ...

10. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    how dumb indeed. I think you can manually save and override what is there though but when i saw that it doesnt save the best i kind of lost interest in it - way too much to think about to save each time you progress :(

11. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    The replay-email-option is fun. Just sent you one, let me know if it works.

But - like Vayduh says - it's not a replay of your best solution. I think it records your first try, and if later you do better you have to replay it and save that replay, to be able to send your best solution.

12. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, like you said, you can override the saves. So when you het a best all you have to do is press the save icon. It's not automatic, but it's still there as an option.

13. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    #53 Phantom X, Feb 9, 2012
    The replay issue definitely seems like something that could be fixed with the next update, eh Jables? ;) Or maybe at least an option to default to best score.

14. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #54 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012
    240k Patchwork Meadows

Scratch that 241k

15. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    i hope so :p

16. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    what's say we start with a total doll count per room before spoiling scores and dolls per level?

17. Jables

Jables Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Game Designer
    Colorado
    Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the game! We're always reading through fan feedback and considering different ways we can improve our games.

We opted for manual saves opposed to automatic "best score" saves since we felt that there could be situations where a player does something really cool or interesting (that might not result in their highest score) that they'd like to save for later to share with others. We felt the best way to handle this was to allow players to choose which replays they'd like to save instead of saving for them and potentially overwriting a replay that they really liked.

18. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I definitely like the Save feature, and you have a good point about why you decided to do manual saves. But I didn't realize this, and I had been hoping that it would save off my best score. It is always nice to go back, and refresh my memory as to how I got a high score on a particular level. Guess I'll know to manually save now, but maybe you could add an option to manually save, or save the "best score"?

Oh, and fantastic game BTW!

19. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    #59 Vayduh, Feb 9, 2012
    The files are tiny - can you not allow multiple saves per level?

Either that or parameterise what gets saved - I'd def choose "best". As it would have two uses for me - point of reference, social interaction.

As it stands i try to remember to save but forget - and it therefore the whole idea becomes useless (for me at least). It is a totally cool feature too

For me "best" and override with "fun" would have been better than first and override with anything you want to.

Best still would be to let each player decide. or some sort of prompt when a best score happens i.e. "Do you want to save your best score?"

And agreed this is a very good game. To pull off three games all in the same mould but all unique and brilliant is a really great achievement. You guys at Backflip should be proud of that.

20. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    your playing way too casual Lol :) good to see a Brit on top :)