Rage for iPhone (and iPad)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    LOL no..if you actually watch the video you can clearly see he is moving around showing off the environment on his own, not on a rail.

Need more proof? Watch the video at around 1:30-1:50 (Gamespot Youtube Video) And he CLEARLY says he enjoys moving around etc Mr.Ugly Faggot :D.

LOLOLWTF what do you think this entire thread is about? Mario smoking mushrooms? Alice on a strip pole in Wonderland?

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wow, your entire post = pure bullshit.

Just watch the video. It's obviously not on-rails.

3. Mandi

Mandi Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Umm.... no.

From the blog post:
    "We do not have the full RAGE game running on iOS, and we do not plan to try. While it would (amazingly!) actually be possible to compile the full-blown PC/console RAGE game for an iPhone4 with some effort, it would be a hopelessly bad idea. Even the latest and greatest mobile devices are still a fraction of the power of a 360 or PS3, let alone a high end gaming PC, so none of the carefully made performance tradeoffs would be appropriate for the platform, to say nothing of the vast differences in controls."

Im just fine with that. I'd rather play something like RAGE on a PC/console for a more immersive experience, but i'll be happy as a clam playing this.

4. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That is true, Carmack did write that in his blog. But he previously said (I think at Quake Con) there would be 2 versions on iOS: 1 would be a small tech demo or small game (which we now know is Mutant Bash TV) and the other a more fully fledged title being released when the game hits consoles September next year. His blog post doesn't deny that they will make that more fully fledged game but doesn't confirm it either. I would therefore assume that its release will depend on the success of Mutant Bash TV.

5. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    So this is not on rails

How many times does he turn around and run back where he comes from.

How many times does he make a step to the side to show some textures or art off.

How come his movement is perfect he not even once oversteers etc.

This game is on rail and if you like to believe different well then you obviously can't see the obvious. Feel free todo so, the relese this month will show you how much you actualy understand about games after watching even a video and reading a full length technical blob of carmack himself. Kids these days, there are supposed to be our future, jeez. :D

6. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    haha its funny how you try to prove something that it is OBVIOUSLY WRONG he even says on the video that he did something on the way YOU LOOK AND MOVE!and you can see he moves the camera by himself in the start sometimes when he spoke he stop moving so you say the game is on rail and its perfectly synchronized with his speach?LoL if you cant understand when its on rails and when not then stop talking about games and eat a potato jeez :p:p

always friendly :)

7. Mandi

Mandi Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I remember that too, but unless I'm mistaken that was prior to unveiling of Project Sword. I still think PS being shown at the September Apple event forced Carmack to step things up a bit, in order to one-up the Unreal guys. Of course, thats just me speculating. :D

Mostly I was just responding to the statement diffusion8r made that "a proper, fully fledged mobile version of RAGE to be out next year." I have no doubt another, bigger RAGE-engine game is in the works, but it's not going to be RAGE, since "we do not plan to try" is a pretty definitive statement. It'll probably just be a bigger, better spin-off.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    "Kids these days" are the future, old man. I don't know how old you are, but judging from your poor spelling/grammar and your general ignorance, I'd guess that you are a little kid pretending to be a mature adult (you're obviously not making a very good job of it).

9. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    support 2g devices?

10. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Well not everyone can be a native english speaker little brit, its just my 4th language i learned so not quite perfect but good enough to actualy understand what carmacj is writing about.

And if you guys dont understand the difference between looking around and free movement then its ok. Rage wont be on rails it will be everything you ever dreamed off for .99$ i know way to expensive but it will be amazing. Jumping, strafing, hiding behind furniture and aiming your next headshoot. Will be great you are right.
    Rage will be the next jesus on the ios for all fanboys out there. Why should one read or even understand what carmack is writing if you are right. You are the heroes the customers... So you will get what u want, maybee it will be even free on faad, hurrraaayy!

The sarcasm is for free.

11. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    lol does anyone speaker about all these I know it's sarcasm but people say it's not on rails because they saw the Video witch you can pretty clear see that it is free roam

12. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    It's probably not what anyone is expecting.

The app will be based on a "TV show mini-game." If you search deeper you will find that game that is being released is not the tech-demo that was shown on the video. READ READ READ and do your research before speculating based off of hear-say.

"ON RAILS?"

The developer said that it would be similar to doom (on rails) except that there will be more replay value. We'll just have to wait and see.

13. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    LMAO he moved in like the first 7 seconds of LBG video

14. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    the video that was shown at quake con, i am pretty sure is not the game that is coming out. i suspect that the video was an early tech demo, not the game. so i would advise not basing your claims on the video shown at quake con

15. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    support 2g devices?

16. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    maybe...?

17. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    support 2g devices?

yes or not.

18. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    WE DONT KNOW -.- most likely NO

19. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    well.cant play iphone version,but pc version yes it is..

my pc is very very powerfull.lol

20. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Didn't Carmack say during the presentation that it would run on 2g devices?