Universal Raider Rush (by Wilhelm Clemm)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 2, 2015.

1. willy.c

willy.c Well-Known Member

That's weird, the game is featured in my country, under "Best new games", but you have to click on the "Show all" button first. Is it not on there in your country?

2. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    That's funny. I'm in the U.S. and it's not there. I'm glad it's featured in your country though:) It deserves it.

3. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Congrats Willy on your release..

You know me... Perry from CT Forum :)

4. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I've been playing the chapter 2 levels since the game has launched and my goodness gracious the level design is straight sauce. Yea that's super weird it's not featured this week, hope touch arcade throws it some more love. People need to know how awesome this game is.

5. willy.c

Aww yeah I see that now, that's a bummer, the US store is the most valuable one. Think maybe it's only featured in Europe. Oh well, cool to be featured anyways!

Heey! Thanks! ;)

Haha thanks! Maybe I'll do some more levels after I've sorted the virtual controller option and port for Android.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #26 Qwertz555, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Fyi, in my swiss store it's featured in the last seen position, at least. No "show all" is needed.

To the controls...i totally got used to them, and though i would try the new ones, i'm already convinced that i will stick to the default ones, but we'll see.

My wish would be to tap the screen anywhere to restart the game. I know, you want a proper geometrical looking menu screen, but as my personal preferences, i never like to move my fingers to reach out for a missplaced and too little restart button. Not in games where you die a lot, and you will die a lot here in this one. You're not alone imho, a 95% of all games have this "illness".

Not that important at all would be room numbers, just in case people want to talk about how difficult it is to get the artifact. Lol, mine is room...(counting) Nr.9 in chapter 1.

Edit: phew, finally found the solution.
    NOT to activate the trap does it

7. willy.c

Ah nice! Cool that its not hidden in the expanded list.

I am getting very mixed reactions to the controls, I'm not convinced yet if it was a good idea. However, the 'casual' gamers I've tested with seem to really appreciate them a lot more, they just can't get used to the virtual controllers in my new build.

Yeah I can see that, I can add a function that if you tap outside the UI on game over, the game is reset. Should be easy peasy.

And the levels should be labeled with a number, was just a little difficult to work that into the whole art/theme.

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    All redeemed already :(

9. willy.c

The game was released last Thursday, you can download for free here

10. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Nice surprise was awaiting me after getting all 15 artifacts in chapter 1...and after about 150 more deaths, i also unlocked the speedrun mode.
    I will definitely concentrate myself on Tower 2 for the next 500-700 deaths first, before i even dare to try to come close to your time, though i doubt that.

If you want more competition in the speedrun mode, you have to reconsider the unlock mode, for sure. Just beating the levels should be enough, i guess. Or maybe get half of the artifacts the max, but not all.

My game of the week.

11. willy.c

Yeah I see I'm the only one even on that leaderboard. I think ideally the speedrun should be divided into smaller chunks. I'll publish this new control scheme with a virtual pad first, then I'll see what I do after that.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it! :D

12. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Loving chapter 2. Been grinding away on this one level today and have to say I love the music, wiLl did you make it or did someone help you with it?

13. willy.c

#33 willy.c, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Yeah I really like the music too, it's not an original sountrack. They are all made by teknoaxe, and are creative commons tracks. He has a lot of good stuff! The menu and cinematic are by SketchyLogic , a lot of good stuff from that guy too.

14. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Found a glitch in tower 2, level 11.

I finally got my artifact and all at the end i did my second last jump to the right (with a left to finish), but i disappeared in the wall. I couldn't get out and although the lave was far away, all the sudden i died, burned. Maybe i fell down in the wall...

I want this game never to end. So damn challenging, and so damn satisfying after a fully completed stage.

15. willy.c

Sorry about that glitch, it should be patched in the new update that was sent to review over a week ago.

Hehe, when you've finished both chapters, try getting over 500 in the endless runner. Then I'll have a score worth trying to beat! ;)

16. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Hold your horses, lol.
    Top score of about 2200+ people is 306 (last check) with mine of 170, sigh. With a strong doubt, maybe one or two will ever make 500, the lava rises too fast and only one little mistake is allowed. I might do a sunday run at some point with a 230-250 score, but that would be it.

Give us one tower more, and i'm running naked (game insider). All there is left for me would be both speedruns, but not in its current form. Every level should have a time, plus an all over end time per tower. I struggled with level 11 five times and my time (and my fun) is gone. After a break, i'll have a next try.

17. willy.c

Yeah I guess it is kind of brutal. The next update tunes the difficulty, making it a little easier.

I'll do the android port, then look into some new levels. I want to do a lot of changes based on the feedback I've got, so I don't know if I'll add to 'Raider Rush' or make something new.

Hehe he is not completely naked! :cool:
    Spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/WqOWbK9.gif

18. wojtekp

wojtekp Member

Jun 15, 2014
    This is it. Finally worthy game beeing called super meat boy for iphone. Cant say how much i love it. Really appreciate the controls, people that want a virtual pad will have enormous problems getting through the higher levels. Instabought the iap aswell, of course.

19. willy.c

Thanks! Definitely meat boy inspired. I am working on some secondary controls and would like feedback before I release it. It is as you say, difficult on the later levels. They work well, but my thumb cramps up if I keep at it for too long. But I am not that big fan of virtual controls, so would really appreciate someone else to let me know what they think.

I've got a testflight beta ready soon and a video of it here.
    Video is also showing the new skip level feature for the endless runner. It allows for up to 4 skips with time penalty.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=270066][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270064][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270035][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270098][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270034][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270042][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270033][​IMG][/thread]

Raider Rush

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 3rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout