Universal Random Heroes - (by Ravenous Games) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Aug 15, 2012.

1. TheStark

TheStark Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I have the same problem on iPhone 4. Annoying as hell and have died quite a few times because of that.

2. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Why does it keep crashing? Pretty bad game D:. gameplay was ok, but I only played the first level .... Please fix crashes. BTW im using Iphone 4

3. rco

rco Member

Aug 16, 2012
    This doesn't really feel like a game. I didn't encounter any problems whose solution wasn't "get a better gun/character". There wasn't much to do in the levels besides collect coins. For buying guns/characters. And it looks like most of the achievements are for buying things. For buying a special kind of thing. For buying ALL THE THINGS! It's not a game, it's a trip to a mall.

Some have pointed out that you don't *have* to use IAP to finish the game. Guys, that's not how you tell if IAP has ruined a game. Ask instead, "was the game full of tedious parts that I could have skipped by paying more?" Maybe parts where you spent extra time grinding for coins, because you were tired of having to shoot even the weakest monsters eight times? At that point, IAP is a problem.

4. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I enjoyed the game. I found having a slightly underpowered weapon increased the difficulty.
    I would have to say that buying money in game and getting the best character and weapon immediately would have ruined the experience.
    is it short? Yes.
    Is it a throwback in graphics and gameplay to an 8 bit era? Yes.
    Should it have a hard mode? Yes.
    I'm not going to try to say that everyone will, or should, enjoy it.
    Personally, I felt like it was worth the dollar I spent on it. I did not think it suffered from the available IAP.

On a side note, as someone mentioned earlier, killing the first boss is incredibly easy. It can be managed with the magnum in under a minute and nets you between 2 and 3 hundred coins. If you feel the game is too hard and you "need" a better gun, this is probably your fastest way of getting some coins.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yup, this is how I got my coins. I felt the currency was well-balanced and I didn't feel forced to buy IAPs at all. Unlike say... Dead Trigger or something. :rolleyes:

6. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    Any update news from the developers? I really want to play the game but can't because of crashing on the first level.

7. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #127 The Son of Anarchy, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    I originally deleted the game pending an update cause it consistently crashed for me halfway through the first level every time.

I just reinstalled the game in case I just had a bad download, but the crashes still occurred. But... the following temporary solution worked for me -----> Log out of Gamecentre and the crashes go away, slowdown still occurs, but at least I could play the game. I hope this works for anyone else having the same trouble.

8. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    Thanks! It worked :)
    Finished the game and have to say it's worth a dollar but nothing more. The game play is way too short compared to other games but for a dollar, it's nothing to complain about.

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I haven't played the game yet, so I can't confirm your opinions about it. But I wholeheartedly agree with what you said about IAP. If you only let players have fun by way of pouring more money into a game you already paid for, yeah, it's pretty much a bust.

10. taylorbarclay

taylorbarclay Active Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I haven't used IAP at all to play this game, I just saved up for the 5,500 plasma rifle or whatever it is and bam, having fun.

Play a level you're good at a few times, or farm the second boss 20-30 times in a row. C'mon now.

11. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Idk...I'm just somewhat disappointed with this game. I was so pumped but really did not live up to expectations. Maybe I expected too much for a 0.99 game but idk how to describe it. After the LOE series, Burger Cat and now this just really didn't click. :p

12. taylorbarclay

Aug 25, 2011
    Just beat the game without dying, no Retro Hard achievement.

Dafuq.

13. taylorbarclay

Aug 25, 2011
    Neither Retro-Hard or Master of Unlocking will unlock for me.

14. Wintrymix

Wintrymix Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Just finished the game. I'm certain I missed some areas on a few levels, but I'm not compelled to play through the game again.

I only upgraded weapons twice; from the starter weapon to the revolver, then from the revolver to the pulse rifle. Then upgraded from the Trucker to the Robot guy and then just blazed through the rest of the game.

I was actually quite bored about halfway through, but I hate not finishing a game so I pushed on through. I have no motivation to complete all the achievements.

The game was mediocre. It was worth the .99 paid.

Wintrymix (formerly Winterymix)

15. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=148183][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148395][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148402][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148429][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148544][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=148399][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148400][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148391][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148388][​IMG][/thread] [thread=148392][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]RANDOM HEROES[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    15/08/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to blast your way through monsters from another dimensions?

[size=+3][thread=148535]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    08-23-2012 at 08:13 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

16. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Agree with you on that. I'm on chapter 3 and I am quite bored already, though I want to finish the game and get all the achievements before I delete it. Still worth my $.99... I think.

17. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Hey everyone,

Just want to let everyone know we've been following the thread and listening.

We are working first and foremost on bug fixes related to the crashing and achievements. We hope to submit a maintenance update sometime this week.

After that, we are working on a new chapter for the game. There will be about a half dozen new weapons and characters coming in that pack. As well as adding in Joypad and iCade support.

We are glad to see people are enjoying Random Heroes!

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Awesome!!! As usual, Ravenous is already working on a sweet update! :D

19. nobelak555

nobelak555 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    New level pack will coming as soon as 6th chapter in LOE2 after your post "New levels will be soon"? :D Don't take this seriously!

20. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Won't have to delete it yet afterall.