Random Price Drop Complaints Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
  2. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    While I believe price drops in games have opened me up to some awesome creations, (World of Goo, Infinity Blade, Lost Winds, Gua-Le-Ni) some price drops infuriated me. Recently I purchased a game only to have it offered for free minutes after I purchased it. After purchasing another game on sale, I found it was not compatible with my iPod Touch. I have now learnt to wait a week or so before purchasing any app for fear of a price drop. This is also why I prefer IAP's for some stand alone games (e.g Tilt to Live HD) as the prices almost never change within the app itself.

3. Totally Agree with You!

Hi,

I'm an indie developer from Indonesia who developed BattleBox.
    It's live on the AppStore.
    You can buy it for $2.99 and i won't reduce the price forever.

I think that every developer shouldn't treat their fans who supported them by buying their games like that.
    Instead of reducing the price, i prefer to give quality, unique gameplay, and excellent experience to every one who bought my game.
    In customer side, i think price drops are always a hooray for us who buy the game in the sale period.
    But for customer who bought the game for some pricey then got to know that developer lower down the price to get many downloads, it's like we were betrayed by the developer.
    They destroy our trust that we have put on their product that we accepted to pay for some dollars to get entertained.

So, i'm definetely against any price drops.
    I mean, i won't deny that i look for a price drops when i want to buy any games.
    But as a developer, i won't cheat my customer by giving the high price then lower the price.

I bring you BattleBox - a tower defense game to its full potential with different and increasing challenges in every levels, engaging story with kinetic novel style in full retina display graphic, and Editor Mode which is the dream of every strategy game fans.
    In Editor Mode you can customized your own level. Create, edit, and play it. You can also share the code generated in Editor Mode to your friends via Facebook, so they could copy and paste that code into their Editor Mode and play your customized level.

Try BattleBox now and don't wait because there will no price drops!
    What will await you is update, update, and updates.