Ravenmark: Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crumston, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    A few questions:

1) I bought all the Ravenmark: SOE updates. It was said create an WHS + prepurchase the last chapter = some goodies for Mercenaries? But I am not sure how to create a WHS account; I can't find that name on the website and attempting to log-in via the game does not seem to bring up registration. I just joint the Mercenaries forums/applied at least. So I just aim to have the goodies for Mercenaries via the correct method? Please help.

2) Interested in any beta help requested. Not that familiar with Ravenmark as have not played much, yet, but offer is there. I don't see any beta-sign up so far?

Thanks.

2. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #22 Crumston, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    Hey there!

Hey there!

Khai here. Been a little busy with the writing so I haven't had the time to update any of the stuff but I'll try to answer your questions the best that I can :)

Ok for the extra Mercenaries reward we have planned for SOE players, you need to do 2 things to qualify:

1) Create a WHS account.During the in-game log-in, if you key in an unregistered e-mail, the system will automatically prompt you to the registration page for the WHS account, so you can do that there.

2) You have to complete the game. Yup. The whole thing.

Well the BETA is pretty much halfway through but if you sign up for a Testflight account and e-mail your device type and UUID to feedback(at)witching-hour.net, we can get you into the BETA roster.

Hope that helped!

Cheers!

3. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Ok, thanks for the info.

4. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    No problem at all :)

5. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Makkre blog revamped!

Hey folks! The Makkre travel blog has been updated and revamped and it's set to update twice daily at GMT +8, 9 am and 12 am daily! Lots of new stuff set to release! The first post is up and it's set to give lots of insight to the lore in the build up to Mercenaries! To get you started, check out the link here!

Cheers!

6. Hunter2-1Actual

Apr 28, 2013
    Hello everyone! Thanks to all for this fantastic game.
    I'm waiting that game since spring (in ravenmark SOE you had written that mercenaries would be released on spring) and when I read that it will be released in summer I admit that I felt a bit angry :D. But summer when? June July August? Earlier (I hope)?
    Thanks

Good bye from italy :)

7. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hello and sorry!

Hello!

We're sorry that the game's been scheduled for a bit later than was first estimated. :( The good news is that Mercenaries is slated for an EARLY summer release. So expect it to be out by June! Hope that answers your question! Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers!

8. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Moar content!

Hey guys!

We've got more content for you, if you haven't already seen it (or heard it).

First off, check out this new ability by the Brigade Commander, Mallico. It's called First Strike... and it's an anti-swarm ability. All I can say is... ouch.

Now, we've also got two of our soundtracks out. Check them both out here.

We're working our hardest to churn the game out as soon as possible. The Multiplayer side of things look to be pretty solid to be honest, and we're having a blast with the Multiplayer matches. Alright guys, take it easy!

Cheers,
    Khai

9. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Heya!

More soundtracks! Take a listen to it here!

Let us know what you think guys!

Cheers,
    Khai

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Well done mate. Watching this thread with anticipation.

11. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Thanks!

Thanks dude! We'll try our best not to disappoint! :D Anything in particular you'd like to see in terms of development or progress, let us know! Opinions are always welcome here. I'll try my best to accomodate your requests. :)

Cheers,
    Khai

12. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    I'm currently going through all the campaigns trying to achieve 3 medals in each mission, no easy task but then the most satisfying ones are never easy :)

I know you mentioned that to get the reward you have to complete the game, was just wondering if there's anything extra rewarded if you manage to complete it with 3 medals on each mission?

Can't wait to play mercenaries, looks excellent and one of my most anticipated games this year.

13. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Hi there, nice to see the progress you made on this.

Got a question about the goodies for SoE owners you mentioned here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2786904&postcount=22:

1) Will those be flavour-goodies only? Nothing overpowered I hope. I am always a bit concerned that these specials turn out to be gamebreakers. Though I admit my concern level is quite low here, you folks did a great balancing job with SoE.

2) Why the requirement of finishing the game? How about several ones instead? I think you mentioned that folks who manage to get all triple medals get a goodie as well. So that could be the fanciest one, then another for completing the game, and a basic one for creating a WHS account from SoE.

And a gameplay question: Will the x% chance to hit thingie stay? Curious because that is something I really dislike in strategy games.

14. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Oh yes, and a question/request:
    Can you consider to have a unit delay their move?
    For simplicity I'd suggest
    - you always delay till end of turn
    - only one unit can delay per turn of your side, to avoid a waiting game
    - maybe some units/commanders can have the ability to allow one additional delay. Hhmm, this could even be two abilities: One for you own unit ("Everrrrybody...Haaalt!"), and one for delaying a different friendly unit ("Hold it, scumbags!")

I ask this because in SoE I quite often had the situation that I needed two turns to do a position change: Unit A needs to move out of the way for unit B. But unit B moves first, so I have to wait till next turn until they can move to the desired position.

*grin* And the above gave me an idea for another special ability (just in case

15. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Oh yes, and a question/request:
    Can you consider to have a unit delay their move?
    For simplicity I'd suggest
    - you always delay till end of turn
    - only one unit can delay per turn of your side, to avoid a waiting game
    - maybe some units/commanders can have the ability to allow one additional delay. Hhmm, this could even be two abilities: One for you own unit ("Everrrrybody...Haaalt!"), and one for delaying a different friendly unit ("Hold it, scumbags!")

I ask this because in SoE I quite often had the situation that I needed two turns to do a position change: Unit A needs to move out of the way for unit B. But unit B moves first, so I have to wait till next turn until they can move to the desired position.

And the above gave me an idea for another special ability (just in case you still listen to my ramblings ;) ):
    Displace friendly unit. Get a friendly unit to move out of your way. Either by force ("Outta me way, you lazy bums!") , which could have the penalty of a morale loss for the affected unit - caused by the confusion of having to jump out of the way of a crazy cavalry charge, for example. Or by command authority ("Runner! Inform their captain to move aside!").
    First one could move them 2 spaces (greater effect to balance the morale loss), second one only one space, because they move in an orderly fashion - which takes longer.

If you want to know where the basic inspiration came from, look no further: http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40kfanon/images/c/cd/Drive_me_closer_i_want_to_hit_them_with_my_sword.png

Heya, R:M needs a guy like this, too :p And a Commissar Fuklaw...
    And no, I don't play WH40K, but I love the fanmade fluff around it.

16. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey there!

It's actually in the cards for us. Not sure if it'll be in for our first release but somewhere in the near future, we definitely intend to reward the elite group of people who have dedicated the time to actually gain all 3 medals for every mission. We've talked about it quite a number of times and a couple of ideas have been thrown about regarding the reward. I'll keep it a secret for now! Again, I'd like to thank all of you for the support you've shown us. The only reason why the Ravenmark saga has been able to continue, is because we've had such dedicated fans. It's really heartwarming. We'll try not to disappoint you with Mercenaries!

Cheers!

17. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Heh. Viable, I'll see what I can do. The pipeline is pretty tight! Also, I think we do have elements that can switch positions (like Jesse's ability in SOE) but they might not be in the initial launch.

1) Yup, we're trying our best to make sure everything is as balance as can be.
    2) I think Khai worded that wrongly, he means that with completing the whole game, you should have access to most, if not all the unique brigades.
    3) It's out. We didn't like it either. Now all attacks always hit, making things much more deterministic. The Melee or Range skill now modifies the amount of damage done. A good commander who knows how to stack them will be doing much more damage. =D

18. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    One more for the road!

Hi guys!

I've got one more soundtrack for you before we call it a week(end). Take a listen to our Ravenmark: Mercenaries store soundtrack here.

Have a good weekend folks!

Cheers,
    Khai

19. Hunter2-1Actual

Apr 28, 2013
    So June has arrived..but what about the release date?
    We want the game not soundtracks :)

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Could still take a while, WHS is busy as hell polishing it, squashing bugs, and improving balance.

If you can't wait, contact them and help us testing. Always happy to see more people to play with.