Ravenmark: Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crumston, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Thanks man. :) You've all gone above and beyond in helping us, and we won't forget it! I'm really glad we have such passionate players, and you've all had a hand in the development. Well, here's to hoping that the community will grow, and more like-minded folk will appear!

Cheers,
    Khai

2. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    A video impression would be nice to see if anyone has some to post.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I don't see it yet on the oz store. I think crumston said possibly early next week, so here's hoping. Great job it certainly sounds like a big effort was put in to this

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    There should be videos of actual matches on Everyplay.com (I always play with it on), but I cannot find them.
    @WHS: any idea? can you post a link to one, if you know how to find them?

5. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Yup, we're waiting on Apple approval! And thank you for that, we really poured our heart and souls into this. =)

We have a capture thingamajig, and we'll probably have some preview vids up in the next few days! Everyplay is great for the battles, but I'm sure everyone wants to see all the new management stuff. Mmm.. management.

6. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    That's cool. In your own time oc, just impatient to catch the latest.

Still need to get through the single-player campaign anyhow. It just looks like you're pulling out all the stops to do this properly is very good to see. :)

7. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    haha you should see Ian in action at the office. Even I've learnt a thing or two from him .. it's no longer just about the UI but the UX (user experience) as well. Our interface has actually undergone quite a few changes to ensure it isn't a chore to navigate the game.

Maybe I should convince him to put up a few old interface designs and his reasons for making the changes he did ... But would anyone be interested in something like that?

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I'd read something on that. Especially since I plan on popping in for the Elite Collectors Edition. On a side note, I tried to stay away from as much lore related news as I could after three medaling all of the missions in SOE. The new codex is just leaves you hanging for more - it's a big tease.

9. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #69 Sheinfell, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    You did a fantastic job with both UI and UX. And that says someone who *always* finds something to criticise :)

And yes, I would definitely like to read more about how you developed R:M.
    Hhmm, maybe you should write a post-mortem and submit it to Gamasutra. Additional coverage never hurts.

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I am seriously considering the big Collection, too, mainly to show my appreciation for a great game.
    I wish there would be a smaller one, without all the Brigades, as I currently feel like I want to earn them. But that can change, I already miss my Blacksteels and Nettlesongs ;)

Other than that:
    You 3-medaled all missions? Congratulations, bloody hard to achieve that.
    I am currently s..l..o..w..l..y working my way through them, at a rate of maybe one mission per day. Some are insanely hard to 3medal.
    If I get stuck, mind if I ask you for hints?

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I want to earn them too, I plan on having enough to get one of my favorites soon. But as soon as this hits the states I am throwing them my money just for the fun I had with SOE. So far this is just plain awesome.

Ya if you get stuck let me know. I didn't think it was that bad once I actually sat down and read the stats on the codex. I can say that I play better when not using the Tellions. There were two missions that really got me stuck. One in particular with a bridge that haunts my dreams.

12. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Hey what Elite Collection are you guys talking about :)

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Count me in as being excited for the full launch; at least some of you folk got early beta preview access... bring on the full release, says I.

14. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey guys!

Good luck with the 3 medals! And yeah I totally miss my Nettlesongs.

We really appreciate the support! Personally, I still haven't achieved all 3 medals as of yet... I am ashamed :( Once the dust settles, maybe I'll sit down and dedicate some time to it.

The Elite Collector's Edition is an in-app purchase within Ravenmark: Mercenaries that unlocks all brigades for you, as well as several customization tools for your Commander. :)

Yes sir, we're working on it.

Cheers guys!

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I got all the medals in the game and I can't wait for the full launch.The beta was awesome this will really be something

16. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    was the beta awesome cos you kept kicking my behind in most of the games? :D

17. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Cheers mate!

Awww... :( Play? XD

18. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Hey fellas!

Hey guys,

I know you guys have been asking how we'll be rewarding those who have been spent time on the first game, Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion. I've put out a list of what we have so far. :) Check it out at the SOE fourm on TA here!

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Khai

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    The beta was fantastic, there was so much stuff being put into the game as time went along and you could see all the changes and hard work implemented. They really fine tuned it.

Playing against the world will be awesome :D

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #80 Sheinfell, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Full ack. Already met two new folks, right on day 1; good start.
    Here's to R:M really taking off ;)

And: Can't wait to get my hands on the Lost Boars...