Ravenmark: Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crumston, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crumston

Crumston Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Unofficial gameplay trailer

Hey folks!

Yeah, it's me again. I've got more stuff for you! We've put together a gameplay trailer for those of you interested to see what the game is like, go ahead and take a look :) Leave your comments and let us know what you think!

Cheers,
    Khai

2. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Well color me impressed. The player and army customization options look to be fantastic from the trailer. I think it's time for me to play through the original Ravenmark in preparation for this game. :D

Quick question though: Will owners of the original game receive any perks or benefits in Mercenaries? I haven't been following up on this game very much due to other irl priorities, so apologies in advance if this as been asked already.

3. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Creative Lead//Witching Hour Studios
    Thank you! And yeah, there are unique Brigades that are unlocked by completing campaigns in the original Ravenmark. =) Khai just posted the list yesterday, actually.

4. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Looks awesome! I assume that these aren't tied to 3 star completions of all the missions, otherwise I'd be a very sad panda. I couldn't clear a couple of the missions with 3 stars a year ago, and I probably still can't now lol. :p

5. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #85 Crumston, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    hellooooo :)

Hey Choco! Nope they're not. XD For the folks who have completed three stars, we haven't implemented a reward... yet. We don't know when we will, but you guys know that we always try our best to deliver the goods ;) So patience folks.

In the meantime, I hope you guys like what you've seen so far!

Cheers,
    Khai

6. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    nah they aren't. I dont have all the 3 stars myself either... ha ha. not a big issue :D I think in the office, there are only 2-3 of us with all 3 stars :D

as long as you tell us you enjoyed playing through SOE, that would make us pretty happy already! (and here's to hoping you will enjoy Mercenaries as well! we're pretty excited here in the office for sure!)

7. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    @ChocoVanilla:
    Finish the campaigns on easy or normal first, depending on how tough you want it.
    Getting them all on easy is enough to get the bonus brigades in Ravenmark:Mercenaries.
    Then go for the triple medals, if you feel like it.
    I am not the greatest genius when it comes to strategy games, but even I manage to slowly trudge my way through triples.
    And - nice side effect - I have the impression that my skills slowly improve as well.

8. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    I actually completed the game over a year ago. There are just a few missions that ticked me off to the point where I wanted to throw my iPad against a wall...repeatedly. I'm kinda OCD about getting a complete playthrough on my games, which is why Ravenmark both irritates and attracts me at the same time. It just so happens that strategy games are my cup of tea, so I don't really mind repeated playthroughs.

9. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Heya all, another feature we stuffed into Mercs is the ability to share with people your strategic awesomeness with Everyplay. Basically gives you the ability to record, comment and share turns. We're hoping to see some interesting tactics and silly strategies! Give it a look-see. =)

I'm.. sorry? =X

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I knew I should have played frogs against your boars! Constructive commentary hilarity.

11. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    RE: Unofficial gameplay trailer

This trailer is awesome. There seems to be so much player choice for choosing, designing an army and what battle action to take.

V cool. There could be a good community scene around this game. Maybe get this game noticed at board game clubs possibly also.

12. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Entirely my own issues lol. Despite my irritation with some of the missions I've had a ton of fun along the way. :)

I love the video sharing feature, especially for a strategy game like Ravenmark where the huge variety of units/skills/etc. make for a nearly endless combination of strategic nuances. Players could definitely learn quite a bit from skilled veterans, or laugh at some major tactical mishap.

13. Tebius

Tebius Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Yay! =D

Yeah, we're definitely looking forward to a community! =)

<Cough> What I did to poor Jsrco..

[​IMG]

14. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    #94 Crumston, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    Mercs is out!

Hey folks!

I was in the midst of cleaning some dishes when I realized something and I just HAD to come tell you guys first!

The soft launch build for Ravenmark: Mercenaries has been approved! Folks from Australia, New Zealand and Singapore can now grab the app off iTunes. Spread the word! ;)

We're super duper excited to see how it goes, really! Hopefully response is awesome and we can populate the community with a decent number of users before we the full launch! I'm definitely hopeful, and to be honest after over six months of painstaking hard work, to see it up on the App store, is just tearjerking. I'm not just talking about the haze that's about in Singapore right now either.

Cheers,
    Khai

[​IMG]

P.S:

Here's the link to the app store for Mercenaries!

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Congrats guys on finally getting to the soft launch.

Now let unleash hell on earth :) R4L

16. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Took the words right out of my mouth :p

17. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats

I was lucky enough to beta test this game for the great folks at Witching Hour. I must say, this game is awesome. They took the best parts of Ravenmark and added even more. I won't spoil anything for new users, except you will really start to care about your individual mercenaries. Good luck with the launch, I wish you success.

18. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Awww Yeahhh!!!

Thanks dude! We really appreciate the support, and we're glad that you enjoyed the game. It's really heartening to see really. Makes all the sleepless nights totally worth it!

Cheers,
    Khai

19. Hunter2-1Actual

Apr 28, 2013
    Congratulations to all the people that have worked on the creation of this game.
    This days of beta testing reveled to me (and even the others I think) that this game will be fantastic.
    Hope to see soon even in Italian App Store.

Great work man :)

20. Crumston

Jan 15, 2013
    Junior Producer
    Singapore
    Cheers dude. :) You won't have to wait long, just a couple of weeks! We're looking forward to have all the regions onboard too!

Khai