Ravensburger boardgames on sale in March

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Ravensburger, Feb 25, 2013.

1. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

The addition of iPhone 5 support is nice. Is the promised async multiplayer for San Juan still in the works or has it been abandoned? I have asked this question here and on BGG and can't get a response.

2. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    On that note ... Is it me or does it take -forever- to complete a game online in Puerto Rico? I have about 6 matches going online since PR went on sale the beginning of the month and none of them are even close to completion ...

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: Good for you, in some way. I have yet to find a person to play San Juan online.

Cynical: Ravensburger, are you still there? If you say there is no more async mp for San Juan and I will shut up and go to bed, wishing more boardgames are made by Playdek.

4. We've just finished the San Juan iPhone 5 update and we are now concentrating on a huge iPad Retina (including new much better looking) graphics on Puerto Rico which will be ready in may (hopefully).

At the moment we are not planning another update on San Juan. I would not totally rule it in general out but don't expect async mp on San Juan within the next 3-6 month. Adding async mp to an existing game takes lots of time as you need to recode the whole multiplayer-framework.

5. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

While I absolutely enjoy playing San Juan in its current form, wasn't async MP planned and promised from the outset?

6. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Bought San Juan. =)

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Disappointment: very well then.

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Are we GC friends? i'll try a game with you...if I ever learn how to play that is.

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Judging from the description in the appstore, is San Juan essentially a simplified form of Puerto Rico?

10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    San Juan is a card game only. The rules are quite simple to grasp and games don't take too long.

I have Puerto Rico, but haven't played it, but I haven't regretted playing San Juan...

11. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Has anyone been able to play San Juan online? Mine keeps on searching for a game... is there really nobody playing?

12. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    There would be if multiplayer was async.

13. Final title on sale: Ramses II

As promised, we've just lowered the price of Ramses II down to Tier 1 / $ 0.99 as the final app in our board game promotion - it might take some minutes until the price change goes live.

Please note that there are two different versions - one for the iPhone and one for the iPad - it's NO universal app and it doesn't support Retina-iPad nor iPhone 5 resolution. Anyway this doesn't really affect the game which is a steal for just $ 0.99!

Ramses II for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id439654099

Ramses II for iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id439653793

14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008

15. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Scotland Yard & aMAZEing have dropped in price again to €2,69

16. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    If it's anything like Puerto Rico, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Update: I was able to complete one game of Puerto Rico over a 30 day period. Most of the time someone just stops playing and/or cancels.

I thought the community of people playing would be larger ... are there any stats from gamecenter on the number of people playing Puerto Rico game online?

17. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Is this what they were during the March sale? Or is this April fool's :D

18. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Was so close to pulling the trigger on all three of their big game sales, but waited too long; back up to full price now.

19. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA