Ravensword Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Nov 21, 2009.

?

What should be next for Ravensword?

1. The Expansion Pack

123 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. A Multiplayer Version

59 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Santoron

Santoron Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Expansion without question. I'm not sure I'd really use a multiplayer option even if available. Customization and more quests top my wish list, with new zones as an honorable mention. :D

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well multiplayer could potentially be great, group questing can be a lot of fun.

3. Enigmious

Enigmious Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Although I would like to see some fancy, huge multi-player with PvP... reality has to set in :)

I voted for Expansion.

Like the game btw... I only play for short bursts on my iPhone usually, but this is one of the few "non-casual" games (and I have bought many games) that I have enjoyed jumping in for just 5-10 mins at a time.

4. craighauser

craighauser Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    expansion

The controls need to be tuned in order to have multiplayer I think, plus, this is really fun as a single player!

5. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #25 NBM05, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    Multiplayer doesn't matter in the game as it currently is. Combat and custimization need to be greatly enhanced before multiplayer would be worth playing. Right now there's no strategy or combat tactics at all -- I want that fixed far more than multiplayer.

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Ehh.. multiplayer sounds weird for a game of this type, I suggest not even making multiplayer in the first place. The game was somewhat short for me (4-5 hours?), and I would really like some more of Ravensword. I suggest either 2 or 3 expansion packs before even thinking about any other type of feature. And of course, I would buy all 2 or 3 expansion packs.

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Make.expansion.packs.free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    So you are thinking they will do another 8 months (maybe abit less) and then to put it out for free. You idiot! You are so cheep!

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Definitely expansion, multiplayer would be cool... but even cooler after new features are added to the game :).

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    awh come on, no multiplayer version?!? WHO DOESN'T LIEK MMORPGS?!

You can get more features at the same time :p, liek pets and such

11. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    every game dosent need mutiplayer

12. dolly

dolly Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I haven't bought the game yet. Ravensword seems nice but it's the lack of real character building and seemingly tactic-less combat that puts me of. So, I say go for the expansion, if it's going to contain those things.

13. EightySix

EightySix Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I love this game to death, but I did notice a few flaws.

Improvements I suggest for a expansion pack is to:

-Make it feel more civilized. In-depth and a way to communicate with others.
    -Not really a big deal, but voice acting would be good.
    -More towns and better thought out maps. Make it a similiar feel to WoW, in the way cities are accessed with the outside world.
    -A more thought out story-line.
    -Weapons and general items should be pointful and in masses.
    -Character customization.
    -More tireless side-quests.

Even without those improvements, I think Ravensword is to iPod as Halo is to XBOX 360. A classic.

14. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    +1 to this. Expansion for sure.

Michael

15. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    ok, so I haven't even picked up the game yet, but for when I do, I would most like to see features that would extend the replayability after the main quest is finished. Be it side quests, a greater degree of customization/equipment/skill to strive for, or whatever else you guys can come up with...

16. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Definitely expansion! I just beat this today.. and the mega troll! I could care less about multiplayer, bring on more content please.

17. AddictArts

AddictArts Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Expansion, since it would be far better than any multiplayer effort. I suspect multiplayer will be a much more difficult task and may be underestimated. An expansion effort would be inline with the great work you have already done and I suspect you are now in the zone with it. So, stay in it and delivery a compeling expansion. Multiplayer will only be a big distraction. Thanks for asking.

18. Ahki

Ahki Active Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Vancouver, BC
    Expansion is waaaay better than an online multiplayer...
    Anyway if it's multiplayer what do u get to do PvP??

19. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I would love expansion by February.( I'm not sure how long this will take but oh well ) and Ravensword online by June-July. Then Ravensword ll in December, Ravensword lll in early 2011, and Ravensword lV: The Last Stand in Mid 2011. But that's just me.

20. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    I voted multiplayer but I think you should bring out the expansion first.

Then work on Ravensword: Online. Maybe start from scratch as a totally new game and make it an MMORPG.