Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    You can get the best bow in the elf tunnels near the end of the game. Same with armor.
    The best items are loot.

2. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    What's the difference between killing and sparing the Elve prince?
    I spared him and nothing happened. If you kill him do you get some loot or something?

3. Nielo360

Nielo360 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Some impressions and questions

The game was an enjoyable experience on my ipad mini with the first person view selected. The combat was fun yet too easy even on the max difficulty which perhaps might work fine with bit of balancing. I'd like to congratulate the developers on creating such varied environments and enemies that give a sense of depth to the world. My play through has lasted about 7 hours with everything completed except for pellom house quest which is bugged. There were numerous bugs with amor n weapons stuck in the sky and 1 broken quest line yet nothing to serious.

Some question I have
    The world seems so big I'm not sure how many quests there are in game is it possible to find a list or get a number? I feel like something is missing I've finished everything I could find but 7 hours seems short for such a big world.

The pellom house quest I can't get past the library of aven. There is no book for the history quest any suggesitions?

4. bamloki

bamloki Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Paramedic
    Graz, Austria
    Can someone post screenshots of their high-end characters? Would like to see how the good gear looks like :)

5. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    My guy. I think the best armor is the dark elf armor but idk.

Attached Files:

6. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    okay

[​IMG]

Have anyone expirience that sometimes during battles the controls do not respond to anything? as well what level are those thieves of the white hand? i have the "tactics" perk to the fullest and they kill me in 3 hits blocking or not

7. Nielo360

Nielo360 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Haha yes and yes. You'll need to grind a bit before heading there get your blade skill up and Youll be one hit killing in no time. The tactics perk i think works in correlation with the defence level, hence you'll need to grind that up as well.

8. punch.rockgroin

punch.rockgroin Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    People finishing the game in 7-8 hours seems a bit discouraging after the devs claimed 40 hours of gameplay. How does such a huge error in assessing the playing time even happen?

This can't be explained away with "gametime is not recorded when you die", especially considering how many people say the game is easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Neither should it be the result of adding fast-travel, as that would imply that before that addition players were expected to spend 30 out of 40 hours walking around the map.

I really wonder how such a thing happens.

9. Nielo360

Nielo360 Member

Dec 18, 2012
    I think the 7 hours thing should not discourage anyone because I personally enjoyed my time wit it and would regret not playing it. Perhaps more casual players may take longer to level up.

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This, plus the extra content being hinted at.
    Plus the fact when the story ends you can actually still play and attack things for fun.
    :eek:

11. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Fiery Helm and Sword Help

I'm in Gulch's ice giant lair. How do I get the fiery sword and helm floating above my head?

12. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Say again please?

13. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    In the entrance to the ice giants lair there is a room with a floating sword that appears on fire. How do I get it? I rebooted and there previously was a fiery helm beside the sword but it's gone now...

14. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    It's just a texture glitch, ignore it.

15. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Here is a pic

[​IMG]

16. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yeah, it's just a texture glitch.

17. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
  18. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    #898 DizzyNBG, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    pls CM, make 4 or 5 cave and/or dungeon templates, fill them up with some random or special loot and mobs and put them all over the world over and over again. There's so much free space but the world feels a lil bit empty to me cuz all places r almost quest related ones. Take oblivion as example, it has something like 500 random caves and places, they are lookin nearly all the same but its so much fun to explore them. plsssss :)
    Also put some more NPCs in. They dont have to be important it gives just a lil bit more of an life like feelin if their are some more NPCs just standing or sitting around in the park, lookin for some stuff in the stores or havin a conversation in the tavern, list goes on

19. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Location of Gulch's lair key

Where can I find the key for the sealed door of Gulch's lair? :confused:

20. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I would like to say to the developers that they've created a fantastic game here. To be able to play a game of this quality and depth on a mobile device is IMHO nothing short of amazing. Sure, there are the odd bugs, glitches and issues but with a detailed 3D rpg adventure I don't know what people expect. My overall impression having spent several hours in the game is that it is incredibly well done - gorgeous graphics and world design, a real sense of atmosphere, combat that is better than Oblivion's and almost as good as Skyrim's in my opinion, and a lot of depth to the rpg / upgrading side of the game. Some of the opinions on this forum seem to be endlessly and unfairly negative about the game so I hope the developers don't get put off - Josh & Co have done a great job.

I think some people need to get a sense of proportion as well - this game is &4.99 instead of the £49.99 you'd pay for a game like Skyrim, and is by a small developing team, not a huge and well-funded company like Bethesda. And games like the Elder scrolls series still have bugs, glitches and 'issues'.

Finally, a screenshot of my game in progress - it looks absolutely gorgeous on my ipad mini...

Attached Files: