Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    It plays very smooth for the most part, maybe a bit choppy in the city but performance is way more consistent than say a Gameloft game. I think it runs better on the iPad 4 than it does on my iPhone 5 but that could be because of the real time shadows on the 5 but honestly I don't even miss then on the iPad 4. I would say overall it runs well on both.

2. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

Dec 22, 2012
    You mean at this point (screenshot)? And do you mean jump in the roots?

Attached Files:

3. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Roots to the right

Attached Files:

4. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Okay, thank you for the quick reply :)

5. nschneider350

Apr 30, 2010
    No that doesn't look like it. If your facing the skull then jump to the right most platform and you should see a high arching platform with a point. I just jumped towards it and landed like in between the platform and the other connected mountain if thats what you want to call it. Then I just kept hitting the jump button until I could get myself aligned with the pointy platform and then just jump / walked all the way to the top. At that point you should be way higher that the platform with the last boss. I just jumped and landed in the middle, the one boss spawned then once I killed him the last boss came out and I killed him. Also would like to add I highly doubt this is the way they wanted you to get to the boss platform, but I couldn't see any other way.

6. nschneider350

Apr 30, 2010

Oh yeah I had the Ring of Jumping, didn't even mention that because I figured there would be no other way to get to even close to the top.

7. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Where can I find the lock pick?

8. nschneider350

Apr 30, 2010
    You can buy them in the General Store in South Aven if I remember correctly. It's definitely in one of the stores.

9. kornalius

kornalius Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    CEO of ArianeSoft Inc.
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I have an iPad 3, I've tried everything I could but this game simply does not start. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated to 6.0.1 (just in case), restored my iPad. Nothing, when I hit New Game it crashes to the desktop. So before saying every one who is giving bad rating is too dumb, give it some thoughts.

10. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Yea I found them in the general store. Thanks!

11. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    What are the benefits of buying a house?

12. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd leave the fast travel as it is. Putting restrictions on it is less likely to encourage exploring and more likely to annoy people. I tend to mostly use it to return to a quest giver after completing a quest. Being forced to walk / ride all the way back would not be part of a fun gaming experience for me.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, you can deduct the mortgage interest from your taxes, for one :p.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The game was tested on iPad 3s and there are plenty of people here running it on that device. Hate to say it, but you may be dealing with a hardware issue.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I disagree. Give us an option or "hardcore mode" where we can play the game without fast-travel.

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can play without fast-travel. Just don't use it. I think that's better than adding some code for that option which could bring some bugs.

17. Planetshooter

But not since 2000 in the UK, right kids?

18. Planetshooter

You already have the option to play without using fast travel. You also have the option to play without weapons or armour.

19. Elite_capi

Elite_capi Member

Apr 18, 2012
    i have a similar issue. specifically travelling to north aven. Whether I fast travel, or walk through the gate in south aven, the game crashes to the desktop. I just defeated Gulch, and trying to visit the Archmage. I'm in the same boat as Kornalius, in that, this is not a hardware issue. This is a legit bug, and has stopped me from continuing the game. I have an ipad 3, with 6.0.1 also. I've attempted reboots of the app, reboots of the ipad, loading saved games and attempting to enter. Nothing has worked. I suspect there's a better way to send bug to devs, but i haven't found one. Let's hope the dev reads through this thread and try and push an update soon.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You are talking about a legitimate bug, which is already fixed in the test version I got today. Until the update hits, you should abandon any sidequests you have open right now (especially the archery context and another one that has been mentioned elsewhere).

The guy you quoted can't even open the game on an iPad 3. That's almost certainly not a problem with the game.