Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    sorry, its almost impossible for us to answer every single question as I do have a life outside this forum (I have 4 kids, two of which are under 3 years old)
    please email support if you have a specific question and i don't answer you here, I'm not always able to check in here.

2. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi there! I'm new into the game and have two questions.

1.)Do you need to improve all weapon skills or is sword (and maybe axe) enough?

2.)Are the high level weapons and armour from the new update much later in the game? (I'm still doing around South Aven)

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I feel you on that! I have 2 under 2 1/2 years old and the wife wants more! I cant imagine 4 kids under 3! Wow

4. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    i use lockpick

5. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Josh, would be great to seed some existing caves with new bosses and stronger existing baddies when the main campaign is done. You could restock chests. I've opened all chests except the one in the locked cell in the eleven caves.

Can't get the new stuff. Couple of ideas that am not sure would work:

1) customize color of armor
    2) have a home/cottage we could buy in each of the wilderness spots. Would be great to have a chest in the homes where we could store different lootables.
    3) change terradactyl skins to drakes and place them in some other areas. Perhaps seed a drake boss with a chest in the mountains.
    4) allow us to take existing characters with existing stats and stuff through the campaign a second time where we could set difficulty higher. Would be great to have new weapons at that point too that would be stronger.

Just some thoughts. I've done everything but can't put this game down! Love it!

6. Ravensword Lover

Ravensword Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    That's a good point. How about adding a "respawn timer" like in Skyrim, Josh?After a period, opened chests become completely new chests with randomized loot. One week in game time sounds enough methinks.

7. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    And tell me how you do that? You can't equip a lock pick and it simply says You Need a Key. Lock picks don't work.

8. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    I'd love to be able to keep finding and adding gems to my weapons. I used them on less powerful ones and have none left for the Ravensword

9. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Kekeke yes you can and yes they do.
    Just go back after completing it in the story line :)

10. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Please give me a screen shot of equipping a lock pick. The only option that shows up for me is Drop.

11. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Erm yeah......ok

12. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    there is enimies around it because i killed them and looted a key

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, I have lots of jail keys from each time I've visited the caves and looted the elf soldiers. The point is, the keys don't work on this gate.

14. julian.bean

julian.bean Active Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Lock picks don't work for doors that have 'impossible' locks. Maybe there is confusion between the prisoner gate and the elven prince gate. It's the elven prince gate that we need but can't lock pick. I've also took everything from bodies and no key works.

15. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm definitely getting this game when I get my iTouch 5

16. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    #1676 Bethany, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I have the same problem -- I don't know if that's the chest I need or not, but since I've finished the Elven Prince quest, I can't get there anymore.

I also have a question: I used mostly blade and crossbow during the game and I've been going around shooting things with bows and bashing them with a hammer to try to get my bow and blunt skills up. But they don't seem to be going up -- though my blade and crossbow still do when I level up. Is this my imagination or do skills stop going up with, say, low-level enemies or when the skills are low relative to the max?

I agree that it would be nice to have a way to get more gems, as I also used almost all of mine before I got my end-game weapons.

Other random bugs:

1) I get this bug sometimes in both the inventory and the sell screen, both in this version and the previous version. Inventory items overlap each other, making some of the items impossible to access for using/selling/etc.

[​IMG]

2) I also tried to put a painting in my small house in the current version and the painting vanished without a trace when I dropped it. More generally, is there a way to arrange furniture in the houses I'm missing? Prior to vanishing, the painting insisted on appearing on its side instead of right side up. I can't rotate the items and the Rune of Winds really doesn't provide enough control to place things accurately. Of course that's a very low priority but I admit it was a little disappointing to buy a house and furniture and then find I really couldn't arrange the furniture in the house.

3) When I got the Gorgon Hide quest, I decided to see if I already had enough gorgon hides to complete the quest without going out and killing more. I didn't check my inventory or quest list, just talked to the guy again and sure enough, offering the gorgon hides was an option. I got the reward and the quest is marked "complete" but in both the previous and current versions, periodically when I kill a gorgon and take the hide I get a message "Gorgon Hides: x/5" on the side of the screen (with x being however many gorgon hides I have at the moment up to 5 hides). Kind of strange.

Oh, and because I apparently have the maturity of a 12-year-old, is that a staff on your corpse, or are you happy to see me?

[​IMG]

17. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Tap and hold to move/arrange furniture in your house.

18. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Congrads on the update CM and josh...well done

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    So do you recieve the best armor in the game by following the main storyline?

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Sort of. Although the newly added high level armor in the update may be better, but I'm not sure if anyone has managed to get a hold of it so far as it kinda requires starting the game over to gain access.