Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    should I set up a paypal donate button? :p

2. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I'll donate to see a gameplay video!

3. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Lol, this video better be long. Or we will release the Unicorns.:D

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

No need for words.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Sorry for being off topic, but

You can get a Vita bundled with a game and memory card for 250$ (=> you're paying more like 200$ for the console) and that's a device that is at least twice as fast as the iPod Touch 5. To make it more comparable you would still be paying 80$ if you want 32 GB of storage, but in the end a 32 GB vita is still cheaper than a 32 GB iPod Touch 5.

I think we should start a site called "kickfinisher" to help devs pay for other people to help finish their game faster or something like that.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If this turns into another Vita vs iOS debate, I'm putting you in time out ;).

(I'm kidding, of course.)

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    books? :)

8. nunuvyurbiz

nunuvyurbiz Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Hi. I missed Ravensword, but I like Aralon. Is Ravensword 2 basically Aralon 2? Or is the gameplay fundamentally different?

To be honest, I'm not so excited about the need for food. There's only so much realism I want to emulate. But it's not the end of the world.

Is there also going to be an Aralon 2 later?

How hard would it be to do an update to Aralon for the larger iPhone 5 screen?

9. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    From my understanding, you don't absolutley HAVE to eat food; your life will regenerate on its own, but the food will help it go up much faster, probably in increments determined by the quality of what you eat. Basically, it's the same type of system found in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

As far as your question comparing Aralon and Ravensword, Ravensword is similar, but the fighting in it is not as automatic. It is often compared to Zelda in this reguard.

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Ill help,I'll make a sword for them,it'll be an Easter egg sword that references a South Park episode :D

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'll have something for you late tonight. Unfortunately I've been being work home every night for the last month :(.

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    alrighty :) thanks

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you don't need food, but you'll want it to regenerate health faster.
    If you are starving you won't regenerate health until you eat.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    pretty hard because of the way Aralon was coded its really difficult to change the UI layout. Ravensword snaps into place almost automatically for all resolutions and aspect ratios.

15. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    So if you don't eat for a while, the game will say that you are starving and your health will stop regenerating all together until you eat? So basically you DO have to eat food, at least occasionally? Also, are there health potions and such?

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Skyrim's food system and health regeneration is active, you have to manually eat food to regain health. Ours is a totally passive system, only affects regeneration rate, not health itself. If its in your pack it will automatically be consumed. The more food you find, the better obviously, but you don't have to mess around with it.

17. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Oh okay, so is there a limit to what you can carry in your pack? If so, is food an item that uses space, or can you carry as much as you want?

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yes - there is a limit and you can become encumbered. This made more sense to us as we were having an inventory filled with 3d items that rotate, etc. Obviously furniture is a lot more heavy to carry than other items such as weapons or potions.

19. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Can you buy a RatDonald's burger? How much space would one of those take up in your pack?! :0)

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Im glad to hear that you decided to go with the weight system this time, instead of the item slots (like in Aralon).