Ravensword: Shadowlands Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Use the wind spell to move the boxes. Jump on the box. Repeat...

2. mojobob

mojobob Member

May 28, 2011
    I found the journal. It is in Yeti's cave. There is a skeleton by the corner of a wall next to the chest.

3. mojobob

mojobob Member

May 28, 2011
    Box? All I see there are some square stones. I tried to move that, it doesn't budge. I will check it again. Thanks!

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Where did you folks find the "Family Conflict" quest? I thought I checked all of North&South Aven, but did not come across this one.

Same question, where did you find that one? I found several caves in different areas, but no Elder Bear or Robert's Journal :(
    Also, what irritates me is that I could not find an area actually named "Avenshire Hills" yet.
    I got the bearskins for one of the quests from the Meadowlands, so I assumed that is the correct area, as it is also north of Aven, as stated by Lord Carrowen when he gives you the quest. Is that just an inconsistency, or is there an area with that name somewhere?

As far as I can tell, they add nicely to your damage. I noticed quite a difference around level 8, when I used my bow excessively and went quickly from ~10 to maximum for that level in skill.
    Since I got the Fire spell, Melee/Ranged does not seem too important anymore. This one is just too powerful, at least on the default difficulty, even without investing heavily into the "more magic damage" skill.
    I might try another playthrough on harder difficulty later, but my first one generally is on the game's default.

As for the Trolls that so many people seem to have trouble with:
    Like someone else already wrote, only take one at a time. What worked great for me (killed them all at level 6 or so, without any great equipment) was sniping from a distance, then backpedal a bit and keep firing, with melee to finish off whatever health remained. And it is much easier to roll aside than to block their attacks. Did not need any health potions, but it took some time because you need to tread carefully.

Question: Does anyone know if you can safely drop stuff anywhere? I still need to get my own house (too busy running around in the wilderness), so I did not try that yet. Other places things you drop disappear, e.g. when you reload.

Also question: What is the maximum level you can achieve? Or is there no level limit?

5. mojobob

mojobob Member

May 28, 2011
    You get the "Family Conflict" from a woman name Leah. She is in South Aven.

Avenshire Hills is West of South Aven. Go to Menu, there is Map option. Tap on the name will enable you to fast travel there. I found the journal in Yeti cave.

6. Floydvegas

Floydvegas New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Okay, killed ul thok... What next? Finally got my character strong just in time for the game to end? Expansion please

7. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Technically, she is not *in* South Aven, but I found her now, and the Hills as well. Thanks for helping me out, mojobob.

Yes, the fast travel is nice, but it only works when you already found the location. And somehow I did not get around to travelling westways before.
    I am quite sure that the directions for the Bearskin quest said "North of Aven", which would be incorrect then.

@Josh: Mind checking that quest (low priority, please. I know you have more urgent things on your plate), if my memory is correct?

8. Jmward44

Jmward44 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Ok. I'm getting pretty frustrated over this. I have Rune of Winds equipped and have tried every angle, distance, etc I can think of, but can't get the stone boxes to move in the poison water. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

9. Ticals

Ticals New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    While pressing and holding the Rune of Winds with your right thumb use your left thumb to guide and move the box to where you want it. When you move your left thumb you will see a little control icon pop up.

10. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    You actually use both thumbs to move it, if I recall correctly. While holding your right thumb down, you move your right thumb left and right to move the boxes left and right. And while holding your right thumb down you use your left thumb to move the boxes closer/farther...

It's a HUGE P.I.T.A... and I recommend saving every couple of boxes -- otherwise, you will be starting over a bazillion times. Thank goodness you don't have to move all the boxes on the way back...

11. MEGA

MEGA Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #91 MEGA, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    West of the map?

I finally found the way to the west - a simple gate in south avon....it has taken me to the second ravenstone just to find the gate!

12. Deedeedee137

Deedeedee137 New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Is there a place to buy gems? Because I was retry stupid about how I used mine earlier

13. MEGA

MEGA Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #93 MEGA, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    Ah i see....However, they yetis are very hard to kill? I have some super maxed out weapons (crossbow and am still struggling?)

EVENTUALLY I JUST FLEW IN, GRABBED WHAT I NEEDED AND RAN OUT!

14. Elite_capi

Elite_capi Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Anybody stuck on Citadel Ror-Dan for the second stone?
    I've killed all skeletons and have the Temple Key.
    The two doors guarded by spiders didn't open. Am i missing something?

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    One of them should open. Try getting close and tapping on the door.

16. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Im stuck on which is basically the lowest platform in the Heronmar Tunnels... Anyone know a way up/out? If not.. Welp, looks like im done with RS2, cause im not replaying the whole game again. Sucks cause I didn't even get to finish.. I really liked the game though.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Go to the right after entering the tunnels. There should be a ladder.

18. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    im already in the tunnels... im at, literally, the lowest platform in the tunnels and cant find a way back up. there's no tunnels or ladders on said platform.

honestly, they should have made an invisible wall or something to where you couldn't fall to a place that you couldn't get up from.. or maybe you can, i just haven't found it yet.

19. MEGA

MEGA Member

Dec 28, 2012
    so im about to gain the third stone and fighting some

guy with a small sword - unfortunately i have half health and have no idea how to beat him - at best i can make him lose about 20% health and of course cant top mine back up....am i missing something or bad luck as i didnt level up my wording earlier - it autosaved so i cant go back and do anything about it

20. MEGA

MEGA Member

Dec 28, 2012
    errrr

where is the final boss - im in the shadownlands and cant find him - ive killed everything in site....its gott be right in front of me right?