Ravensword: The Fallen King - Video. (Submitted, again)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    TRUE!
    +1

back on topic though, any videos yet?

2. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This really does look like a mini-Oblivion for the iPhone. Concessions clearly must be made but if the emphasis is put in the right places to make up for it (seamless controls, great audio, efficient UI etc) this could be even better than The Quest (keeping the comparison to other 3D or at least mostly-3D games).

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Regarding previous-generation device performance, if you read the article on the front page you may find the information you seek!

4. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    #104 gnetro, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    oopsss :p my bad :p

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It doesn't say that at all...?

6. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    All I have is a first gen ipod touch to test on, so I have to make it playable on that, or I don't get to play. I've done some work to make it adapt to it's environment, so if things slow down it dials back the graphics.

Josh has the 3GS, and tells me about how glorious it looks on that. I'm waiting for video the same as the rest of you, but he's still fussing over them :p

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Whatever it is, I hope that it more than makes up for the cost of development. The only way we're going to get more games of depth and high production value is if they can be made at a healthy profit.

And please, JoshCM, skip the "special promotional price"; all that does is give a discount to people who would have bought the game anyway (all the "instant buy" folks on this thread). Quality products should be discounted at the end of their life-cycle (when the market is saturated), not at the beginning (when interest is at its highest). I know that the App Store encourages the "$.99 cent" marketing strategy, but I think that ultimately it's a bad idea.

8. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    I dont know seeing a limited time promotion usually encourages me to pick the game up before the sale is over but that only goes for certain games. If its a game like this that will hopefully be as good as all of us want it to be then ill just buy it.

9. L3TH4LJ14

L3TH4LJ14 Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    cant wait for this. I LOVED the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout 3. This looks very promising.

10. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    please tell me there will be customizable characters.. if there are then i love u :)

11. L3TH4LJ14

L3TH4LJ14 Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    OMFG yes Online! The one thing Oblivion and Fallout were missing!

And Could you guys please make this have some sort of Online Client or w/e its called? Because I find having Plus+(Favorite :D), or OpenFeint in a game more compelling for some reason. idk why i guess i just like the achievements and knowing your friends are online and junk.

12. fallqvist

fallqvist Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    This looks indeed very awesome!

13. Lyanheart

Lyanheart Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    This looks and sound like it could be something very special. 3rd-person RPG adventures are my favorite type of game, and if this even comes CLOSE to being as enjoyable as Morrowind and Oblivion, we've got a real winner here. Hopefully the controls will function respectably.

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    It doesn't look like there are people in it. Will there be any? Are there people you can totally kill to become a bad guy? Any marriage system or something? How about a pet system? I think it would be fun to have in game pets to give you more stats or to just fight along side you. Just that and a good/bad system would be swell.

I've been considering getting a PSP, but the more I see coming for the iPhone and iPod Touch, I begin to wonder why I should bother with a PSP.

15. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Not forgetting a PSP game cost $30 - $50. I sold my PSP a week after the AppStore was launched and never looked back. :D

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That's my point -- make the game good enough, market it well, and people will buy it regardless of price (within reason, of course). "Special introductory prices" may motive some people on the fence, but they're mostly used by people who are already interested in the game -- and would have likely paid far more for it. These are the people who make the development of ambitious games economically viable (which is the only way we are likely to see more games like Ravensword).

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    There are people in the town and other areas to interact with, they are there for missions, and to give you info. There may be something with a pet system - but its on a long list of other "mini-mission ideas" that we have to be put in right now.

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Just don't make the towns in the game to empty (not alot of people and objects)! Otherwise you feel so alone and the game feels boaring.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The game is "boaring."

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist...

20. Tiranos

Tiranos New Member