iPad Ready Action! - (by HOTDOG Studio) [+lite]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ainpapa

ainpapa Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Wow~ Thank you for your kind information, squarezero.
    We are trying to upgrade extra character and stages within a month, but I couldn't confirm it include more 25 stages.

I really appreciate for your help and please watch the improvement of "ready action!"

2. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    God.. Thank you for your review.
    It's so...... fantastic and shame.. :p
    As you know.. my English is very poor. Appspy.com also pointed out that broken English.

BTW. Thank you strivemind.

Best

3. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Truly I'm so sorry about that, MegaSeveN.

We have missed the check about the multiple iOS version concerned about OpenFeint and GameCenter.

We already fixed that and submitted last week to apple and waiting the review.

You can boot the game by upgrade your iOS the latest version.

I really really sorry about that.

best,

4. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
  5. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    #45 ainpapa, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Hi TA friends,

We are considering about next new theme. Which movie do you recommend to us?

6. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    You should do either The Matrix, The Boondock Saints, Scarface, The Godfather, or 300.

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

For the biggest impact, it would have to be something immensely popular, and within the last 10 years (otherwise I think a lot of people on iOS would be too young to remember).

You could also just pick a generic genre, and cover a lot of movies in that area. Like sci-fi, or fantasy, or super-heroes, etc.

8. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Thank you strivemind,

hm, I agree with you. Then what do you think the main age ot iOS? 16~20? 21~25?, 26~30? 31~35? 36~? :D
    As you told, [STARWARS] is a very fit movile to our game, I think. Very popular and most people know that.

9. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
  10. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
  11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #51 ImNoSuperMan, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    $0.99 Sale for 3 days (17 Feb to 19 Feb)

EDIT: Whoops. Didnt see it was already posted. In that case, BUMP :p

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Didn't see that one coming. :rolleyes:

It's rapidly getting to the point where folks simply won't buy games at release for anything more than a buck unless they are from one of the major publishers with major production values. Which is fine by me; I just hope all the indies don't stand around scratching their heads once we get there.

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #53 New England Gamer, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    Got a surprise promo from the dev last night and had only a few minutes to play a couple levels. Gameplay is what has been outlined so far in other posts so nothing really to add there.

In the few levels that I have played its been really fun. At first the little dogs blended too much into the background and I got hit, but that could have been since I was playing at night with no lights on. Now I don't have a measure in the daylight since I know they are there so of course they are visible to me. I am going with the lighting messed me up on that one.

I have stuck to Jimmy so far as he has fared me well and I want to see what building up coins might get me. The one thing that I can't see, if it exists, is a progress bar to how far from the end of the level you are. To me that would be important because I used a phone booth one time and then suddenly the level was completed and I felt I wasted those coins. If I feel like there is only a little bit of the level left and I can eek it out I might risk it to save the coins. (EDIT: Found it! The distance counts down in the upper left hand corner!)

Otherwise, the poor grammar aside, its a really fun game to play. Definitely recommended for anyone who likes a side scroller or just a casual running type of game - with a goal. As I said, since I haven't progressed too far yet I am not sure what variety awaits, but will be sure to post if I find any.

With the sale going on, I see no excuse for anyone not to pick this up at 99 cents. I would reserve judgement until I see what content there is to recommend this for anything more. If replayability for more unlockables is what you are after and like, then sure, but if variety in levels is what you want then no, get it now while it is on sale.

I am surprised by a couple of things though. This had an active beta group here on TA and yet the thread is not showing more action by the beta testers drumming up some traffic. And also, since there was a beta group here I am very surprised that the grammatical and spelling errors were left in the final build and not spotted by the testers. You usually see stuff like that when it has not been tested widely, but seeing a group here more times than not picks up those sorts of things.

14. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Wow~ Great!! Thank you New England Gamer.
    We will update the text soon!:) This time I will ask to the pro translation company. :rolleyes:

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Cool game. I wish it had Game Center though instead of Openfeint only...

16. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Thank you. Snooptalian.
    We are under working to support Game Center.
    Soon it will be updated.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #57 awp69, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Hope this game gets more attention. Easily one of the best runner/platformer combo games on the iOS IMO. Yes, there needs some better translation. But I'm hooked.

One of these days, I'll have to pick up Bug Wars too.

18. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Wow~ sounds so Great!!

Thank you very much. Yeah.. I'm so unhappy about what you said. Absolutely this game is fun, but most people couldn't know...

19. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I actually went through pretty much all the text in the game and corrected all the grammatical mistakes in the private beta group here on TA along with a fellow tester.. I have no idea why they weren't fixed in the actual release :confused:

20. ainpapa

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Hi nicodemus82,

It's very strange also to me that we used the text reviewed by testers. :confused:
    We have fixed it.