iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah! Kudos to you for that whiney, vindicative post!

2. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Sam here is what RR2 has working agaisn't it here. It's NOTHING like RR1 and that is NOT good for true fans.

RR1 is fast, this game is SLOW.

RR1 has fun aggressive AI, RR2 AIs simply blow and cheat at every accidental drift.

My expectations for RR2 were that it would be RR1 with real cars, new tracks, slightly better graphics, better physics, more cars on screen but still.... FUN.

RR2 is not fun. It's very frustrating when 4 AI pass me when I drift for half a second. The fanboys here can say whatever they want but I have drifted before in my late BMW 3 series (accidentally) and my car didn't suddenly drop from 60 to 20mph in a flash. That is NOT REAL. RR1 had the drifting penalty PERFECT. Why did you have to ruin the formula????

I guess Im just so dissapointed at what your team did to the game that it angers me to no end.

3. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah! Fight the man! Everyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy and inferior! Stupid devs with their stupid 'lets try to improve this game so people don't complain about it being the exact same thing as the first one' philosophies!

4. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    This game is fun!

That is all.

5. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Despite all the negative posts in this thread, I for one am enjoying RR2 than RR1. The game is certainly better than it's predecessor by a long shot. Better graphics, better career mode, good customization; Yes, drifting was nerfed in RR2, but RR1 was more of an arcade racing game and Firemint made racing more realistic by slowing you down while drifting which it does irl and I don't see how it can affect your gameplay. IMO, this is the best racing game in the appstore right now.

All in all, a 4/5 for me. :D

6. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    *yawn*

if you can't pull a proper turn going 60mph, the problems with this game aren't nearly as bad as the problems in your gaming. if you're just shooting from the hip with those ridiculous numbers, go for it, but you're not doing yourself any favors. furthermore, i read your posts last night before i bought this and to be honest, they got me a little nervous.

then i played the game.

sliding out of a turn isn't nearly as dramatic as you make it. if you're really losing that much speed when you slide out a bit, you really need to practice a little more before passing judgement on the gameplay in this title. i've slid out of a handful of turns going pretty quickly and the time i lost to my competitors was perfectly fair every time. moreover, i can fully accept that i bonked the turn. the game didn't screw it up for me. everything was perfectly fair.

i think your problems lie in the fact that this is a little bit more deliberate than the previous title. there is a little bit more finesse involved. if you don't like it, i can appreciate it. spamming your thoughts all over the thread is childish.

what you wanted was RR1+. you and your buddy up there are the only two people saying these things. most other people are pretty happy with the game. we've all read your posts over the course of the last few pages and we get it. thank you for your opinion.

can you be done now please?

7. Screwguy

Screwguy Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Another must-buy game, another hole in my pocket. Damn! in a good way

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    not everyone has to like the game

but I do. been playing damn literally nonstop since I got it

9. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    fanboy alert!!!!

Ignore mode... ACTIVATE!

10. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah, but that's not what I'm even saying :rolleyes:

In fact, that's in the same order of logic that I'm making fun of him for.

11. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    yeah nvm me

:D

12. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Attempt at saving face:

13. rohitx12

rohitx12 Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Playing iPhone/iPod Games
    USA
    hater alert!!!!

Ignore mode... ACTIVATE!

14. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Thanks for the response hopefully they fix that!

@Firemint with the release of this game will you be conquering more office space LOL

15. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Is a Maclaren F1 in this game? I could only see a MP4 in the car market but I just saw a F1 online..:confused:

16. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    why can't I get the Cream of the Crop and Pacemaker achievements

17. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Also notice, when checking out your profile, the cars owned is out of 29 and not 30. Weird.

18. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    is anyone else unable to get the 'cream of the crop' and 'pacemaker' achievements?

19. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    F1 is in the game indeed I just got it

20. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #460 Watabou, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Cool. So maybe I need to unlock it by winning all gold medals in every race??

Well I'm halfway done anyways.

Oh and I don't know why people complain about multiplayer. It never lags for me. And it's fun. I just beat a Fort GT with my Scirocco.(obviously since it's explosive :D :D) That guy clearly didn't know how to brake. ;)