iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    aaand the 'Pacemaker' achievement still won't show up :(
    I just want to get it now before he game gets more and more popular and the leaderboards fill up with impossible times

2. Alex@Firemint

Alex@Firemint Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Multiplayer improvements

We've just made some improvements to multiplayer which should help address some of the problems and concerns mentioned in this thread - thank you all for your feedback!

• Additional servers to cope with unexpectedly high demand
    • Bug fix to reduce player “teleporting” effect
    • Increased lobby wait time to 45 seconds to allow more players to connect
    • Improved player matching, so similar cars are more likely to be grouped together

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Awe. Some. :D

Any chance of getting some stats added to that, or being able to make a buddy list or start private rooms? Those things would make the multiplayer experience second-to-none!

4. Alex@Firemint

Alex@Firemint Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Glad you like :D

As always, I can't make any promises about exactly what we will add or when... however as you can see, we are reading all feedback and working to improve the experience :)

5. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Um, just wanna say to all you racers online who enter multiplayer with a superior car to everyone elses, "Having an awesome gun does not make you a good sword fighter."

Anywho, thanks to Firemint for improving the servers; I already see a big difference.

6. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    But it does allow them to keep their distance.

Anyway, great game Firemint. Game of the Year imo.

7. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    LOL... great double entendre

8. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Firemint is my favorite dev now :) This product is super high quality. Even game icon is outstanding.... make you want to watch on it more than a minute :p

Can anyone tell how to get Maclaren F1? =) All all all gold stars? Or what? ^_^
    I want this car :p

9. Ricinator

Ricinator Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Australia
    Wow! Awesome guys... really appreciate what you're doing already. Teleporting cars were definitely annoying, and I agree with the wait time.

10. THE_DOMINATOR666

THE_DOMINATOR666 New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    OMG THEY"RE READING OUR POSTS
    Multiplayer is AWESOME.

11. Prauny

Prauny Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I've had twwo problems so far with this otherwise great game. One is that the sound sometimes cuts out while in the pre-race menus and the other is that the frame rate drops noticeably sometimes. But like I said this game is great appart from that.

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So i dont understand what is going on with this Multiplayer. Does the Server Effect work now?(Without a required Update), As for the other things, will they be updated and about when?

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #473 ImNoSuperMan, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    They just upgraded/fixed their own servers so there is no need to update the app.

Firemint staff has always been active on these forums and updates the game as much as they can acc to the suggestions posted here ;)

14. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ok thanks for the reply Superman!!! lol

15. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    i hate car games.. but.. i dunno why.. this game.. i think i could like it...

16. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    @Firemint
    I'm wondering if you're addressing the lack of sound glitch. I'm running iOS 4.1 on a 3GS. Sound during the intro and no sound in the menu or the race. I've re-booted my phone twice, to no avail.
    A lot of nit-picking the car handling on this thread, but I've seen several posts on the sound issue with no reply. Anybody?
    The game looks awesome, just wish I could hear it :(

17. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

There won't be "Retina" graphics on the ipad2, so don't hold your breath.
    It's just not technically feasible. 326ppi on the current iPad equates to about a 2500x2000 resolution. Good luck pushing that many pixels without a GeForce crammed in there. PCs don't even run games at that level.

18. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Please don't flame people who point out that this game, while exciting, does have a few flaws and room for improvement.

- sound bug
    - no manual shifting
    - no affect on opponents when you hit them

These are things I consider important enough to have Firemint take notice of.

If you love NFS:Shift and the way it drives, then some of this discussion isn't for you; fans of the genre have every right to be disappointed when the next-best-thing hits and there are some strange omissions (even regressions).

It's akin to RPG fans being shocked if XYZRPG Ultimate came out with only 2 classes.

19. Baalim

Baalim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    Same here with an ipod 3rd gen. :/

20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    And the fact that a screen of that size with that resolution would cost thousands of dollars. Plus, Apple doesn't want to anger their developers even more by making them make even larger graphics for 2D games after already upscaling for first iPad and Retina.