iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Are you on a Jail-broken device

2. LizKing

LizKing Member

Dec 12, 2010
    so it seems it is a problem related to the servers

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Nah wouldnt be the servers

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yup, that the effect. I really wish that was an option or part of the game while racing...

5. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Nope.

I think it might be a corrupted save file. However i have a save file from a few races back which i will try if this can't be resolved.

6. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Can anyone provide an in-game screenshot of the F1?

7. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Your absolutely wrong. GT Racing is the most accurate car sim for IOS. The cars actually all feel different and feel the way they should. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about driving sims...

8. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    #528 2hvy4grvty, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    This is false.

The cars don't feel the way they "should". If you're basing this on Forza/Gran Turismo being the epitome of sim racing, then you're being misled. Try a decent PC sim (iRacing, rFactor, GTR2, or a heavily modded SHIFT) and you'll begin to grasp the many shortcomings of Forza/GT.

Stuff is way too exaggerated in GTR:MA, and the physics model just goes to shit once you break traction. It's still nice to have though, 100+ cars is great. Driving on ice blows though, and if anyone feels that's accurate physics, that driving on ice is akin to "driving' a hockey puck, is in limbo.

I don't expect anything close to a "accurate sim" on an iOS device, but any simplified physics model, A physics model even, would be great. So I like this game. Car selection isn't quite Gameloft-esque, but there have been some promises of IAPs or updates or something.

Car customization isn't quite Forza-esque, but that's to be expected. Some updates in this department would be nice (I know in Forza 3, I spend just as much time tuning the cars as I do racing them; finding the best way to hit 600 rating is a game in itself). It's a nice way to boost gameplay I feel, and not something horrendously difficult to implement with a half-decent physics model which I'm sure you have, just altering weight, drag, and power correspondingly; the physics model should handle the rest. And engine modifications don't even need any visual feedback.

9. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Please share which points made you laugh?
    If you just hate Gameloft, fine, but you offered no backup to your claim that it's a pile..., and anyone who has played the game knows that your comment is retarded.

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #530 LBG, Dec 17, 2010
    I agree, GT Racing is a great game. It's by far the most realistic racing game on the App Store in terms of physics and handling. And the graphics look great now they've been updated for the retina display. I've put over 50 hours into GT racing and I've enjoyed every minute of it (except for a few of the rally races which took me forever to beat).

Yeah, I agree. GT racing is definitely the most accurate racing sim for iOS, in fact I'd probably say that it's the only racing sim on the App Store.
    I also think Real Racing 2 is great, but it has more arcadey handling despite having the aesthetics of a simulation.

11. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    They do feel they way they should in that it's as close as you can get. I didn't see it was accurate, I said most accurate on IOS. Granted, physics are exaggerated but this is as close as it gets for iPhone. Nothing comes close and especially not RR2. Not to say RR2 is not fun, it's just doesn't feel "right".
    FFS, on top of it all RR2 doesn't even have manual shifting!

12. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #532 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    Ho ho ho..... An expert appeared :)
    I think you are Gameloft employee. Or they are paying u for this posts. It's complete nonsense.

I dont hate Gameloft. Just dislike kind of products they sell.

I've played this game. I am sure that my previous comment don't need any proof. Anyone can try free version of this 'racing sim' and feel it by himself.

I will actually download now GT Academy, in order to refresh my experience in this game. And then share my thoughts again.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    If you don't like GT Racing then that's fair enough. But you have to accept that it's the most accurate/realistic simulation racing game on the App Store. If you can't acknowledge that then you clearly don't know anything about cars or racing simulations.

14. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    This thread is huge. Anyone else having problems losing their sound on a non jailbroken iPhone 4?

15. Khavatari

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #535 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    You must be joking, right?

I've tried demo version of GT. And what can i say... well i did not changed my mind at all.

First available car in demo is Audi. I have used it for test. After two minutes of gameplay i can tell u this things:
    - car is not on the ground ( it is hovering )
    - it is completely uncontrollable, or controls is too unrealistic.

GT Academy is definitely not a racing sim. Feels like star wars racer or else.

Here is screenshot for proof.
    [​IMG]

Believe me i have a lot of racing sim experience, including PC games.

16. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i'm not so sure about this. i've seen a detailed description of the physics algorithm that powers the forza engine and it's pretty incredible. i haven't been a PC gamer in a very long time, but i wold be really surprised if there is a racing game that has a more accurate, more complex engine than forza 3. the amount of information the engine processes every second is incredible.

17. Khavatari

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #537 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    I think NFS 5 Porsche Unleashed can be close to it. On level of realism.

18. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I had no sound when I first fired it up, noticed I had RR1 still in my task bar, closed it rebooted, and no issues (only played about 2 hours though).

19. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks. Yeah I've had it happen to me twice now. It's very intermittent

20. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I agree. I think the first track in Carrer mode has sections that look the worst of any in the game on a 3GS. This made a negative first impression on me. I was thinking if most of all tracks looked like that I would go back to RR1.

But it wasn't the case. Most of it looks fine and I had to charge my phone twice yesterday due to playing this game so much! Don't know if anti aliasing would help or if it would come with an unacceptable drop in frame rate.