iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    My biggest gripe with FM3 is that the active steering assist CANNOT be turned off. It's always there! It's semi-semi-on rails in that sense. I understand the need for it with controllers, but us wheel users would like full control of the car please! See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkxSZoHbYY

That said, FM3 reads about 122 hours being put into it, 67 of which have been customizing cars. And I don't do the visual vinyl what-have-yous, that's a horrible waste of time imo.

2. derbi4stunt

derbi4stunt Member

Dec 17, 2010
    France
    [​IMG]

I got pretty lucky on this one !

Anyway, the game's great, I was able to play it for 6 hours before a weird glitch occured, now I can't finish any race with ''gold'' (finishing 1st) because if so, the game crashes to springboard :(

Too many glitches are in the game (sound problems, etc), I certainly hope for an update soon..

3. LizKing

LizKing Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Had this on the first start and some time when RR2 was a while in the background. just restarting the game helped.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I haven't tried the lite version, but the full version is definitely the most accurate racing simulation on the iPhone. That screenshot doesn't prove anything, except for the fact that the graphics look bad in the lite version because it isn't optimised for the retina display.
    As I said before, if you don't like the game then that's fine. But the physics are definitely the most realistic of all the racing games on the App Store, especially if you turn off traction control, ESP, brake assist and mess around with the weight balance, downforce and brake bias and then turn on manual shifting.

5. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    wow. look at that.

i've never seen or experienced anything like that.

very interesting.

6. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i'd like to go on record and say that a manual swipe-to-change-gears system would be AWESOME.

not sure if it's possible, but it sure would be cool.

7. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    The way I see it, a full-blown sim would be neither feasible, nor fun on an iPhone. You NEED some sort of feedback to tell you the limits of tyre grip (the single most important piece of information in sim racing). Without it, there's no way for a player to "catch" it a la countersteer or throttling. Then it's just frustrating, not fun.

I feel like any device with a physics engine close to something like NFS:pU (my favorite NFS, until SHIFT) as someone brought up would be plenty. And iOS device certainly has the processing power to pull it off, and it's accurate enough to pull off some "sim-like" racing maneuvers, power-induced oversteer, trail braking, drafting...

Speaking of drafting, need it nowww! Even a simple implementation would be nice, just need to know it's there.

And manual shifting.

And a more pronounced engine sound, but that's not a big deal.

8. va2k0r

va2k0r Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Sorry to repeat my last question but does drafting works in RR2?

9. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #549 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    That screenshot is a proof that i actually tried this game ten or more minutes ago.
    I am sure that light and full versions are identical in terms of game physics.
    And yes, i have turned off traction control, esp, brake assist and etc in order feel the car.

Nope, the physics are unrealistic. But i'm not sure if this game is the worsest 'racing simulator' in the app store. Maybe there is something even worser, but i doubt it.

Thank u for your attention. I think that everyone will keep his own opinion. So there is no point to continue this conversation.

BTW you can check out my run on EXTREME setting in Race Driver Grid i was playing with the wheel and pedals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgzSHx7k-ko

10. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    nope.

11. Khavatari

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    It is my fav auto sim =)

12. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    Grid is not a sim... lol.

13. Khavatari

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    #553 Khavatari, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Well, first of all i did not tell that it is a sim, did i?
    And second, how do u call it then? )

14. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Believe me, Forza and GT5 are good games and have nice sim/arcade handling dynamics, but they aren't nearly as deep in terms of simulaiton as PC sims like iRacing, Netkar Pro and LFS...

15. va2k0r

va2k0r Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Absolutely unacceptable!

16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    GT5 is the top racing simulator to date. That is all.

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    all I want is my pacemaker achievement

18. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    um, no...thats not all. lol...

19. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Which car do you guys think is the best (bar the F1). I just bought the most expensive chevy and it handles like a tank

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I thought the F1 handled worse than the chevy
    felt that way to me