Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #541 underage17, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    Rip has a point and I noticed it after reaching my second championship or tier or whatever it's called. I played with my focus for around 40 minutes before leaving it for repairs, but I continued with my Nissan skyline in the next tier. In a way, I actually like this waiting system because (a) you're not really waiting once you unlock the next tier, and with each subsequent tier you'll eventually not notice the wait at all and (b) it feels slightly life like in a way. I'm probably being a bit too optimistic over here, but really, the 6h waiting period just forces you to change your car and play different races, which isn't a bad thing.
    Look at NFS Hot Pursuit. They had you racing a different car in almost every single race, and it wasn't bad.
    And as for the cost of certain cars, just remember, you're playing this game for free, so putting a little money into IAPs should be acceptable.
    And those of you who mentioned jail breaking your device just to mess with the Iap, just remember, it's because of this reason that developers are forced to employ IAPs in the first place.

On a side note I don't get the TSM system at all. It just seems like a normal AI system where every car has someone's name on it with their respective upgrades. They don't have different play styles or anything. In fact, I was expecting something like a ghost system where you are allowed to knock into the person which will slightly alter their track but you still feel like you're playing multiplayer. This feels like a normal single player game

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Just bought the mcclaren mp4 12c, did 2 short races and it already needed an oil change?? Wtf!!
    So it looks like the higher you go in class, the more you have to do service = even more waiting times!
    Also, higher class cars need wayyyy more delivery time before you can actually race it.
    Damn, this game gets worser by the minute!
    C'mon EA, show your hart and tweak these rediculous waiting times please

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #543 Wicked8146, Feb 14, 2013
    Spent all day at work yesterday and this morning reading this thread. It's been very entertaining. I wanted to wait until after I played it for a bit to chime in. I downloaded it last night and played for about 20 mins before I noticed a decline in performance of my car that required service. I clicked on all the service and went to sleep. This morning, I played for another 20 mins then clicked on all the service and went to work. I plan on playing at lunch.

For me, the game, wait times and all, is perfect for the short bursts of time I have throughout the day to play. For my lifestyle, it's not that annoying.

As my friends start to play, I am interested in how they will appear in my races and how that works out. That bit is not clear to me yet as I seem to be blowing by inept, alleged real world ghosts who are either not real or terrible at this game.

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Well if you brought some IAP and stop begin a cheap skate then the game would get worse by the second.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Morning guys.

I now have 3 cars, one in each of the three starting leagues, I bounce between them and it helps with the timers but the more expensive the car the worse the cooldowns are, so having to juggle between cars might be alright this early in the game but once we all start driving vipers and R35's we will be looking at hourly oil changes every few races, do 3 laps of a course and it will use like 40% of your oil.

I would actually use coins to pass timers if they were not 30 for £3, paying what would be £1 every few races to do a service is not in my mindset.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Still can't find in the Canada store

7. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    its not coming out there

you will have to set up a NZ account

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Guess EA knew better then to mess with Canucks lol

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Good game to play before bed. Trash all your cars then upgrade/repair them overnight. Just had a good session. Enjoying it more. For me it's the soulless AI that hurts it more then anything. Strange that all this focus on having "real" players has had the opposite effect

10. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    AppSpy: Faith in review website Restored

"Love your review, brutally honest, unlike most reviewers who often please the devs for some 'exclusive' news to get page views."

11. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Was the game delayed from last year to put some final polish on the game or put the finishing touches to this half baked scheme of robbing the gullible????

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #552 dumaz1000, Feb 14, 2013
    Here's the deal. If you bought this game for Vita or 3DS, it would cost $30. Question is, how much content would $30 get you. I am largely a collector/sampler, and have been known to buy games for $30 and only play them 5-10 hrs. Some people would try to play that $30 for hundreds of hours, so everyone is different. But for me, if I paid on the surface what this game should prolly be worth, I suspect I wouldn't have much issue with it. The problem is, if you are the type of personality who obsesses over a single game, I cannot imagine how expensive this game might become.

A lot of this whining comes from the same crap I have been hearing for years, and the same crap that lead to this predictiment in the first place, spoiled iOS gamers and their sense of self entitlement.

13. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Spot on. But the game will still make loads of dosh and encourage more of it

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you spent $30 you would get practically nothing. So you are wrong. Even if you accept the IAP model for what it is, it's a ridiculously expensive one in this game.

15. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    I' not so sure of that!
    RR3 is already dropping in the top grossing chart on the NZ app store :D
    From place 49 to 66 now! O god, i love this :p

16. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    The so called TSM is a lie. My brother just raced "me" and beat me easily. We compared our actual times and they were seconds apart. IT'S ALL BS

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Awesome review. Rare example of honesty in our days.

18. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    well its back up to 36

19. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I'm sure we will soon hear about the millions of downloads this game has because its so easy to know BUT I would love to know how many millions of deletes it gets and that we will never really know :(

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This thread is absolutely disgusting. It really does bring out the worst in people. Before you give me that "hi iz da modiraytor hi werk fer tacharcuyd" bullshit, I have absolutely no intention of ever downloading Real Racing 3 for reasons that are clearer than day, but sheesh...I'd never go around acting the way some TA old-timers are behaving in this thread. Absolutely appalling.