Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Well I was quite surprised at how inferior RR2's graphics were when I had a quick play yesterday on my iPad 2. RR3's are far superior on this device.

2. What??? The saw my new signature tag, so they took the wait timers out???

Woohooo!!! :D

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
  4. You know, I bet you this is going to cause some problems with other problems that have to use the clock. I personally never would do this hack for a game, cause lots of things use the system clock for info on time. I think this will cause some big problems for people down the line, and I would never recommend this. I know Apple would hate having people change their time clocks all the time, something bad is bad to happen.

5. Yeah, I have to agree with the others, and I have posted it before. Since people are using inapp money to purchase shorter wait times, this is cheating the developers out of money, and therefore is bad fundamentally.

But as you say, probably tons of people are doing it, so guess it's one of those grey areas which will never be enforced.

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    1st game I've played that has made coming 2nd feel like winning

Attached Files:

7. Wow, just posted my last post about not recommending this. There is often SEVERE consquences for changing system time on all computers. I was a high level system admin, had some big problems before with people who did it. Seriously, use at your own risk.

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Timers are still there I'm waiting 2 hours on my only car:(

9. I am angry about video games.

10. Well done :) and that reward cash shows again you don't need to come first in order to achieve on this game.

Back to graphics comparison between RR2 and RR3- just checked again and there is a massive difference. RR3 looks almost real, whereas RR2 looks like it is trying it's best but looks too basic in parts and lacking lighting effects and texture detail.

Not only that, I can't believe how unrealistic RR2 handles compared to RR3. They've really nailed the handling in this one.

11. Well, still 10 pages back, so they went away, and are now back? How can they do that remotely? Anyone know?

12. There is no way this was a planned move. It is the biggest PR disaster that I have ever seen. If so, it was good planning.

13. Gameloft Duo Gamer Joystick works great with Asphalt 7. Wish EA and Gameloft could sign a cooperative agreement so that both companies could use the same joystick, love playing Asphalt 7 with a great xbox like joystick. Somehow wish EA could use it too.

14. 11) boycott
    12) wait timers seem reduced
    13) US has to wait til feb 28th
    14) firemonkeys had this planned all along
    15) ???

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    15) even there version of tapjoy is bad
    16) even after upgrading fully others somehow are 10x faster anyway.

16. Sigh, when I first came to this thread, people laughed and joked, that you play for a bit and then go watch a movie to come back to the game. 2 hours is way too long, guess all those posts about the wait timers being removed were all too good. Anyway, why don't you have 8 cars like a lot of the others seem to do. If that is the case, then the wait timing isn't as great cause you can just keep switching cars right?

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It depends. You can't use every car for every race so sometimes you can get stuck. Though seeing the amount of events if you have 8 different types of cars this seems unlikely to happen.

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Because I'm not cheating or breaking iap I'm trying to earn my 2nd car........

Or I just suck I don't know I turned the brake assit to low but my driving is something between ramming people to swirving like mad max

19. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    17)The rise of the optimist
    18)???
    19)???
    20)HOVERBOARDS!!

20. Oh, sorry, didn't think about people hacking for inapp cars. I just kind of assumed it was really easy like in Asphalt 7, where you get new cars almost every other race. So I keep seeing a ton of posts here with guys saying, "oh I have 8 cars, so I don't care about timer waits". But it most be the same crowd who is changing their system clocks to get around wait times.

How much time have you put in both physical (including wait times) and gametime (actual gaming time), so that you still don't have a second car yet? Man, it's weird after two systems of time. Took awhile to get used to dual currencies in inapps, but time is all relative now.