Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    21)that back to the future car (would be sweet)

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I spent around $15 on a couple packages when it first released and I'm set. Just exchange cars during repairs. The only thing I've spent coins on is engine upgrades and repsprays. Hopefully I can buy one of the exotics later with coins

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
  4. Yeah, this makes sense, didn't realize this whole car thing was so complicated. Got used to just buying a new car after a couple of races like in other racing games.

Thanks for the insight. :D

5. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Question:

I am from the US. I created a NZ account to download this game. The first time I've done this for anything, so forgive the noob. When the game launches on the 28th in the US, will I need to re-download it to associate it with my itunes/GC account? And if so, will I lose progress? Does anything weird happen or does any kind of transition have to be made?

Thanks.

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I have 8 cars, but that is only cause I bought the $10 race booster pack.

My overall game time is about 8 hours, with my race time at about 3.5 hours.

If I hadn't bought the pack I wold only have 4 cars with no upgrades. The beauty of the pack for me is that it opened up some of the latter championships that pay out more significantly.

I know some here will equate shelling out for iap as the equivalent of selling my soul to the devil, but I made a choice.

7. Oh no! I have an ipad 3. This is the first hearing that it does not run well on the ipad 3. That seems strange cause RR2 seemed to run fine on it.

Do you other ipad 3 owners agree?

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Question I'm signed into my US account so does that mean I can get iap even though I got it from NZ?

9. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    As far as I can tell you will lose progress as there is no iCloud sync. This seems backwards for a game of this caliber and heavy association with Apple. I expect iCloud will be in the final release

I want Leaderboards and replays so bad!

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Nope you need to buy/download it with the same account.

No he doesn't need to redownload the game. Also your progress is saved via Cloudcell, the same system firemint used on RR2.

11. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    So should I not ever worry about playing this with any type of long term strategy, since ultimately I'll have to start from scratch on the 28th?

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Idea: Since there is no way to qualify and move up the grid how about if you race the same track in succession your finishing place will be your starting position in the next race. This means you can recharge your car then do a all out assault on the track.
    The tracks best times will belong to those who have managed their cars well and been consistent

13. I haven't once cheated my time by adjusting the iPhone clock, and have 3 cars, and having no problems racing for a good couple of hours at a time before I need a break (because I'm tired of racing rather than the game forcing me to).

I think the one thing I'd advise new players on is try and save up for a second car as soon as you can. Leave most upgrades as a second car will be worth its weight in gold to begin with.

And I'd also say don't be afraid to spend a few gold coins on service repairs to begin with till you get that second car. Every time you level up after a few races, you'll earn some back. And don't forget there are another 10 free gold coins to collect in the store just by viewing a couple of pages ;)

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Caliber... you mean Freemium? I never expect that much from free games that have tons of IAP, paywalls and such.

Unrelated that...

I keep hearing how bad the AI and tweaked racer ghost shells are... to me that's the life blood of any racer. That the competition is something that actually feels... well in this case, realistic. Or at least competitive. Not cheap. No rubberband AI or in this case maybe reverse-rubberband AI since early on races seem to be easily won with beginner cars against other ghost racers.

15. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    So play with a purpose, then? Because there will be no issues come US launch?

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1096 killercow, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    You won't have to. It will only be a problem if you want to buy IAPs. You'll need to download the game with the same itunes account but you can do this with another ios device or through itunes.

17. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I'm agreeing-ish. Rubbing and aggressive cornering is one thing, turning into the outside lane on a straight is pretty brutal. I'm not talking about a little fade to set up your turn. We were under full acceleration and he *turned* and put me into a wall. Whatever, through. Keeps it exciting ;)

18. You seem to be such an expert on a game you clearly haven't played :rolleyes:

I haven't come up against any such paywall yet after a good several hours play.

19. Thanks, this is good news and informative. I rarely ever play one particular game too long at one sitting, so I am happy to hear some good comments about the game from someone who is not cheating the inapps or wait timers.

Yes, it does sound like there will be a considerable hurdle to get that first car, but then probably for a short timer player like myself, maybe I will be ok. Thanks.

20. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Well, I certainly won't be doing that.

Regardless, for continuities' sake, it wouldn't matter if I had to re-download, anyway, because of Cloudcell, right?

Thanks!