Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Uh well...it's closed from 21 - 28 Dec according to a source on Google.

2. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I googled it and it says iTunes is shut down from the 21st to the 28th

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh ok I thought it was longer of course if it was on the net it can't be wrong

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    So there we have it. The game doesn't need to launch before the break in order to meet its self-imposed 2012 deadline. If it does indeed come out on the 31st, would be a great New Year's gift for many of us!

5. Hardik96

Hardik96 Active Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Yeah. I guess you're right. We still have few days left for the game to potentially launch. I don't think a few days will kill us.

6. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Ign wireless

Attached Files:

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's weird when i look at it on the desktop site i can see "q4 2012". Anyway, those dates are often placeholders so I wouldn't deduct much from that. Let's wait for firemonkeys to announce it :)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    IGN will always put a release date on a game, it's not official but just an estimate.

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    They were right about zenonia 5 (android) so lets see it happen

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No, it's an estimate. They do that for every game regardless of whether a release date has been announced. MC4 was scheduled for Q4 2012, so it also got a Dec. 30 release date. They did the same thing with NFS and Wild Blood, too. It's not official at all.

11. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Anybody know why the devs have only used Porsches in the gameplay videos?
    Do they have a tie up or something?

12. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    That would be EA flaunting their Porsche license.

13. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    So its coming out in 2013?

14. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    If its coming out this month, I'd expect to see an official release date very soon. I bet they'll wait until the extreme last minute and release the 31st.

15. Cory Gillmore

Cory Gillmore Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Byhalia, MS
    It's really frustrating waiting for highly anticipated iOS titles...Probably the only gaming platform where withholding release dates until the last second (sometimes apps just popup in the AppStore with no release date given) is acceptable. If I remember correctly, we didn't get a release date for RR2 until less than a week before release. Name another gaming platform where that happens...Since RR3 was promised for 2012, I think it's time for some kind of announcement? Come the hell on with it already...

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Happens on all platforms, especially indie games on something like Steam.

With the smaller developer teams and many games that aren't the cash cow franchises, you can sometimes see games just appear on the shelves one day.

17. Cory Gillmore

Cory Gillmore Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Byhalia, MS
    Yeah I see what you mean. But we're not dealing with an idie dev here. This is a highly anticipated title with a big name dev behind it. We know about big time console release dates months and months in advance. Why is mobile treated so differently?

18. frankity

frankity New Member

Dec 17, 2012
  19. Vicious0n3

Vicious0n3 New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Unless they are simply not done with the game, it makes no sense that they would release it on the 31st. My best guess would be that they either release it before the lockdown to lock in editors choice and a lot of holiday downloads or much later in January. If they really need more time to polish the game, I doubt its a 10 day fix.

They havent talked about delaying the game at all and havent come out and said anything contrary to the game being released in 2012. Then going back to what they would lose out on by trying to quickly release it after the lockdown, I think its safe to say the game will release before the lockdown.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah but without any new trailer to showcase or hype the game, launching the game in 4 days seems weird too.