iPhone Real Racing HD, Enigmo Deluxe, Cromag Rally and more - ready for iPad release

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    AppAdvice doesn't have an iPad.

arn

2. Dusse

Dusse Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    I'm mostly disappointed with Apple. While I do agree that iPad-apps might be worth higher prices (the 4.99 for Flight Control might be a stretch though) and that separate apps is a logical move, they are missing huge possibilities do integrate the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch communities and improve the App Store.

Lite(/Free/etc) apps is a very weird thing. They should instead offer demos from the main app page, pretty much as Xbox Live Arcade does where you can download a trial. It should then offer you to upgrade from within the app, much more simple (and hopefully profitable for the developers) and a far less clutter in the App Store. Better for customers, developers and Apple.

Second to that they should also (perhaps they do - but I doubt it) offer discounts for buying both the iPad and iPhone app. IE buy Flight Control and get Flight Control HD for half the price (or whatever). This will promote loyal customers and again, hopefully benefit both developers and customers as well as Apple (more apps sold, more likely to get both devices and so on).

Other than that there are less obvious things (such as developer pages where you can more easily follow your favorite developers, tie this in with twitter etc etc). They badly need to improve the app stores with OS 4.0.

3. Jack Shiels

Jack Shiels Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I think people are forgetting that iPad version ≠ just a resolution upgrade. Developing for the iPad is much like developing for the desktop platform - people expect really good GFX. This means that it is a lot more work than an iPhone game.

I think we'll see some great titles available for it in the coming months/years. If a higher price has to be paid, I know I won't mind, it will be worth it for more quality.

4. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    I don't know, there's no guarantee or requirement that these apps won't just be resolution increases.

Down the line a few months, when there's a good competition going in the iPad app store, then we'll see some worthy iPad games and apps. But right now, I'm thinking that these iPad games are just resolution increases with a few new maps or modes.

5. Flying-Jew

Flying-Jew Member

Mar 25, 2010
    No harm done. We're both on the same side.

I agree with you. And I don't want to be the guniea pig on Launch day buying games just to see if they are more than res increases.

6. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Man, I cannot wait!

7. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    The prices don't bother me that much but I would like to try a lite version first.