Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

It doesn't get past the opening title screen for me.

2. Mortlach

Mortlach Member

May 10, 2014
    Crashed!

I was 6 minutes into my 0 cost Endless battle when the game crashed. I didn't get any reward for that battle and now it's going to cost 50 to try again. Very bad behavior. A crash shouldn't increase the cost of the next run.

3. BabeltimeUS

BabeltimeUS Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    This is a known issue that engineering is currently working to fix. For now, try force quitting the app and restarting. Hopefully that will work for you.

4. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Very sorry to hear you had a crash issue. You can contact support in-game in the options menu and let them know about your crash and lost resources to get a refund on your gems. Thank you.

5. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Any plans for any Iap for like a bundle? Maybe a hero + gems or like anything like that?

6. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Are you working on the crash issues? (Possibly memory related). I have crashed out of level 7 multiple times now. I am using an iPhone 6+ on iOS 8.1.4. I have killed all apps and rebooted (common memory problem fix) but I still continue to crash. It is always around the 2/3's point of the entire level.

7. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Appreciate your response. I did this a few times and it did not work. I'm running it on iOS using iPad 2.

8. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Solid TD, although as others have pointed out is a bit derivative compared to Kingdom Rush. Still, as a Kingdom Rush fan this is a fun diversion.

Some critical thoughts:
    -Little benefit to doing the Legendary levels besides some EXP and gems. Also, 10 stamina to do the Legendary levels is too much considering the amount of trial and error necessary for these levels, requiring a lot of retries.
    -I know the intent was to offer shorter levels, but some of them are still too short. I feel like right as I'm getting some good towers and upgrades, the level is over. The fast-forward button (not available in Kingdom Rush) really speeds things along and many levels could use a few more waves I think.
    -I'd much prefer to actually see the damage and range increases prior to committing to upgrade a tower (pretty much how Kingdom Rush does it). Also would be nice to see the tower range before actually placing.
    -The cannon towers generally make the game too easy. I find the mage towers to be useless because the cannon towers are so much better.
    -Only time I ever use archer towers is when there are flying enemies. They don't seem necessary otherwise. If there are no flying enemies on a stage, I stick to cannons and knights and that's more than enough.
    -Uneven difficulty. I've found the game to be fairly easy so far, with the huge exception of level 10 (slime boss), both campaign and legendary modes. After completing Level 10, I've breezed through 11-18, both campaign and Legendary. Still not able to beat Level 10 Legendary though.
    -The optional "side quests" of protecting a villager or killing the bandit are a nice touch. Although I wish there was more variety and/or randomization to this.
    -If you are going to add IAP to remove the stamina mechanic, PLEASE also let this unlock World 2. I am NOT inviting my friends to unlock this (absolutely despise that) and it would be nice to use those 1500 gems for a hero instead of unlocking World 2 if I buy the IAP to remove stamina. Consider it a "Full Game Unlock" IAP.

I haven't tried the second world yet so time will tell if these criticisms will carry through.

9. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We definitely are thinking of having bundle deals as an option in the future. Once we complete our hero revamp we can start thinking about potential bundle deals.

10. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    I'm sorry too hear that. Our engineers are still working on this issue and hoping to have a fix soon. Check back next week and we should have more info on the situation and hopefully preparing another update with the fix. Thank you.

11. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Thanks! These are some great thoughts and I can tell you are a pretty advanced tower defense player just by reading them. I'll do my best to respond to all of your points.

The legendary levels were meant to be fun, challenging levels with unique rules for players to enjoy. We have heard other feedback about the stamina price and are strongly considering lowering it, especially since they are much shorter levels.

I agree about the level length, and although it is our goal to offer shorter levels, we also want to provide enough time for players to reach those top tier towers and enjoy watching them kill enemies. We are taking another pass through all the levels and trying to achieve that balance of shorter levels, but satisfying amount of buildings.

We wanted to keep the game more casual so decided not to include statistics for towers. Our decision to make building and upgrading towers a one touch UI was ultimately responsible for the lack of seeing tower range before building. We knew that we'd be losing that aspect and that it was an important aspect of tower defense, but felt that the pros of a one touch UI were greater than the cons. We tried to design the paths and tower ranges so that you could pretty much build any tower and expect very good coverage.

It is actually quite difficult to balance towers perfectly and is part of the reason why we end up seeing some of these overpowered tower situations. A way to offset some of the difficulties of balancing is to create specific units that require specific towers to be effective against them, hence why games like ours or kingdom rush have armor and flying units. That being said, we would like to get the balance as equal as possible, so if the cannon tower is playing overpowered we'll take a look at it closer. As mentioned before, we are working on completely revamping the heroes with all new abilities, so this is also going to weigh into overall balance and we will most likely do a giant balance update when we release the hero update in the near future.

We do our best to balance level difficulty to appeal to a broad range of players. It sounds like you are a much more advanced player, so the fact that World 1 is easier for you makes total sense. As we look at the levels, we continue to look at our player data and make adjustments in difficulty as needed. Hopefully you can eventually reach World 2 cause I guarantee you the challenge ramps up quite a bit at that point.

We actually used to have another challenge along with the bandit and civilian, but it unfortunately didn't work in the design of our game and we had to scrap it. That's great to hear you enjoy them and we're hoping if we keep seeing positive response to them that we can try to create some more variety of quests.

We're still discussing the IAP for stamina removal and have not come to any conclusions on if we are going to add it yet, and if we do decide to add it exactly what it will provide. We'll give updates as we go on the decisions we make regarding the IAP.

Hopefully I was able to respond well to your feedback and give you an idea of some of the thought process and future plans for the issues you addressed. We're making tons of additions and improvements to the game, so stick with us cause we have a lot of cool stuff on the way. Thanks for playing!

12. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Sorry about your crash issue. We're working on any crashes and bugs as they come in. If you go to the in-game options menu and send a message to support with your problem one of our engineers can respond to you. Thanks.

13. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    Couple questions about tactics.

Have you noticed if it is better to have a lot of weaker towers (quantity) or a couple strong towers (quality).

Maps with multiple routes with enemies come. It is better to focus on making a strong bottleneck or to have weaker towers at the entrance to help thin (the cannon) out the numbers of enemies before get to the intersection?

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    As Tinsel wrote, I have many crashes in the game. I have iphone 6 and ios 8.1.1 and I have many crashes in levels 8,9,10. I believe it's occuring when many enemies are in the screen, some power ups too and lots of action.
    Some times, when I start playing, I fear that I will not complete the stage due to crash. I have not yet completed level 10 because of that..

15. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    How many heroes are there?

16. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We are releasing an update soon that will hopefully solve some of the memory issues causing these crashes. We'll keep you updated on when the release happens. Thank you.

17. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    8 heroes are available in the game right now.

18. Warto

Warto Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello.
    I encountered a small bug in the third map (I think) when I preemptively used the bomb potion before I was prompted to. Then when the tool tip appeared and told me to click on the enemies, there were none, and the game got stuck.
    Restarting the app fixed the problem, but I had to do the level over.
    Just FYI

19. Warto

Warto Member

Mar 25, 2013
    After further play through I've decided not to pay for IAP until stability issues have been resolved, especially with the bomb potions.
    I don't want to spend gems on bomb potions that cause the app to crash.

20. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

No worries. I have deleted this game for now but if you find and implement an update fix, please let me know and I'll re-download.