Realmaze3D - the maze game to end all maze games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eric5h5, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianKt

ObsidianKt Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Sound like this could have a lot of potential. It might also be nice to have live head-to-head races over Wi-Fi. That way players are literally passing each other back and forth as they search for the exit.

Looking forward to it.

2. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I was thinking this would replace the bread crumbs.
    As far as earning the marks...you could earn them by completing X% of the maze without backtracking OR complete X number of mazes (early ones that may be a little easier.)

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

That would indeed be quite cool and I would like to do something like that at some point. It's beyond my networking knowledge at the moment, so it won't be in the first update, but I wouldn't rule it out from ever appearing.

--Eric

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    LOL. I don't mean to SHOW the stuff. Just to press a button and the wall gets peed. Instant mark!

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I don't know dannys95. Sometimes you come up with the most creatively hair-brained yet potentially impractical ideas. How's that for a bunch of disclaimers? :p

6. Eric5h5

Yeah, sorry, upon much reflection I think I might have to pass on that particular idea. ;)

Anyway, here's a gameplay video I just put together:

--Eric

7. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Nice video, and it looks pretty smooth. Usually with Youtube, framerates tend to show up as less than they really are, but even here, the gameplay looks smooth. The music is a nice touch...makes me wonder what this would feel like with heavy metal. :)

8. I have to admit, I'm really liking where this is heading. I'm a bit of a sucker for maze games though, and this one does sort of look like it's aiming to be what the thread title is making it out to be. It's hitting all the right buttons, certainly, and I'm loving the video. Really atmospheric and detailed. I'll be watching this one with great interest.

9. Eric5h5

Thanks for the comments! Glad you're liking the music & video. The game is actually even smoother than the video shows, but I too was happy with the way it turned out on YouTube.

--Eric

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    nice video, ill keep an eye on this one when it comes out

11. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Congrats on the TA home page feature!

12. bassism

bassism Member

Feb 20, 2009
    This is looking quite good. I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Along the lines of MA's idea, you could have a limited supply (maybe 3-5) of markers that you can place at will as you get your bearings. Once you've got things figured out, pick one up and put it somewhere else. Could make for an interesting way to get through the larger mazes perhaps.

13. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Requested Update!

Add COOP play, chat system and the ability to leave wall, floor messages so you and a friend can find your way out of a complex maze.

What do you think good idea or what?

14. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I agree I think achievements should be presented through the presentation of the maze. For example: marks on the wall ala Portal, it would show someone was there before, would be great to gain some tools or something to carve messages on the mazes, even though they are randomly generated, the messages would be added to places essential to the escape of said maze.

I think to add to the tension, there should be breathing sound effects. And maybe after a long time you should add a type of foe, that searches for you, and if he gets you...well you know :) It would be amazing. A rendition of theseus in living 3d flesh.

The game seems spectacular good job!

15. Eric5h5

Yep, good idea. A bit much for the first update I think--while it's tempting to throw everything including the kitchen sink in there, realistically speaking I don't want to make people wait forever for an update. But who knows what the future might hold?

--Eric

16. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    hey eric--

I am very impressed with this game-- a steal at just .99-- so congrats!

I think it would be cool if someone or something was aimlessly roaming aroud the maze, and if it as you it would chase you. Then if it caught or cornered you you would start over! This would be an awesome game mode.

Anyway I plan on buying

17. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Since you are starting this off at .99 I think you will do rather well. I'll be adding it to my puzzle collection. When will it be hitting the app store?

18. Ooh, yeah... a kind of "minotaur mode" would be awesome. Maybe one per level of maze -- that would be cool and add some tension. It would be optional of course, so you can play casually or with elements of danger. :)

I can just imagine a scenario where you're running from a minotaur on one level, climb a ladder only to see one bearing down on you up there, too. Tense. :)

19. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
    Me to looks great for a 1$

20. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    This game looks good. Im gonna give it a shot at .99