Universal Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville (by Sarah Northway)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Shoggothy

Shoggothy Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Saved games between devices?

I'm playing the game and really enjoying it but doesn't appear to be possible to share games between devices - I'd like to continue playing my save game on my iPhone. Does anyone know if this functionality exists (and I've missed it), or if not, whether it's planned as a future update?

2. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #102 Ubisububi, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Settings that caused repeatable crashes on certain devices in the beta were disabled in the official release, although I can't remember if the game automatically picks the best looking settings your device can handle. Just remember that "light" and "tiny" will reduce visual quality to conserve memory, and "low quality" will disable anti-aliasing" (doesn't affect memory but may make the game run faster).

3. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    So I'm in the first area...finally built city hall and now the game says to get a couple survivors and leave. So I freakin left and now I'm in a brand new area....WHAT. AM I supposed to be done with it that fast. I built that area in 30 minutes and they told me to leave. What's going on. Never played rebuild btw.

4. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    It means you beat the first "level". Now you do it all again, except the second city has more going on (rival gangs, and a few things you can research in labs).

I just left the second city with three survivors, but they aren't with me in the third city. I'm quite annoyed about that, one of them was my girlfriend! I also struggle on Challenging if I don't get a good start, especially in this new city that doesn't start with farms.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    They didn't go with you to the third city? I just started the third and haven't done anything yet but mine went with me, what happened to yours?

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Light and tiny reduce visual quality?' But light animations/gfx are enabled by default on my ip6.
    So you say I should turn them off? Or does turning them off cause problems?

7. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Do buildings like gas stations or McDonald's do anything?

8. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I tried taking three, then two (on another attempt). The "leaving city" mission report said the names of the people who were going with me, so everything seemed okay. But I started in the new city with three new level 1 survivors who I'd never seen before. On both attempts, they were the same new level 1 survivors.

9. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Demolish them and build something useful!

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Did you try loading your save again properly? Mine loaded once with different people until I went into my save and loaded the one I saved myself.

11. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes, turn them both off. Unless you have a 6 Plus, it should be fine, and will look better.

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Why turn them off though on ip6 but leave on for ip6+? The ip6 is very slightly faster than ip6+

Runs perfect with light gfx/animations on... But does turning them off give improved and better gfx/effects?

13. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Ok so I beat the first two areas.....is there any point to return to areas you have already left? Or just keep going and build city hall so you can leave the area as soon as possible.

14. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    There is a known crash bug on the 6 Plus with full graphics enabled

15. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks... So I should turn them all off as this will make the game look better on ip6, and on the ip6+ once it's been fixed.
    So the light gfx/animations makes the gfx/animation poorer

16. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Just turned off the light gfx/animation, reloaded the game... At moment I can't tell any difference, game looks the same

17. 8BitFlash

May 19, 2015
    Humans? Is there any point to going back to play areas you've already left. Or is the idea to build city hall ASAP and get the heck out if the town once it is built.?

18. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes. I asked these exact questions during the beta and the dev responded with an email with this info. I pasted it word-for-word into a previous post a few pages back.

19. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #119 Ubisububi, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Edit: you need to quit/relaunch the app for changes to take effect.

20. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Move on if you feel confident, I guess. I still felt a bit tentative after the second town so I stuck around a bit to grind some levels for my team.