Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    That was quick... :(

2. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Always quick on iOS. Never buy a game at the release.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i've learned the hard way

4. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Did the exact same thing with the first one, saw this one coming.

5. mr11

mr11 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    How to change name in this game ?

6. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    For me this game was well worth the original price. I'm glad I bought it then. If we all wait for the big price drop no dev is going to make big iOS games in a few years. Not worth the effort.

7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    very good point

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The price drop was certainly good for me. :) I grabbed it. I won't get to try it until later tonight.

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Ok, I got this yesterday and really like the feel of the game as well as having an upgrade system - makes a huge difference between this and the previous version.

However, I'm really confused by two things. First, after winning the first race, I only had I think $1299 instead of the $2000 that was the cup prize. What happened?

Second, the upgrades don't make sense to me - when I look at say, the Pistons upgrade, it looks like it should be enhancing speed and accel equally. But when I equip it and return to the main screen, my car's speed is enhanced slightly (not as much as was shown in the garage though) and accel isn't enhanced at all. So...what am I missing?

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

You got to be kidding me.... Sigh

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In the garage, charts are enlarged to reflect the maximum levels for that particular car, so you can better compare different upgrades, and easily tell if your car is maximized. Once you return to the previous screen, the bars and scale instead reflect the maximum upgraded statistics of all cars in the game, which means that the effect of your purchased upgrades will be much, much smaller visually. The improvement is still there, though (even though in this case, the accel upgrade might be so minimal that it is hard to see).

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Absolutely agree with game bring worth the original price. In this case I won't argue with dev's decision. Hopefully they will support the game for a long time. Some optimisation would be nice to get rid of the occasional lag.

I also wondered if it is possible to have anti aliasing on in the garage. the car models look nice on my 4g ipod touch but with jagged edges. AA would take care of that.

13. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #393 Artfoundry, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    Ah ok thx, that makes sense. Any idea about the cup prize?

[edit] nvm, I figured out the $2k I saw was for the entire circuit, not the race. The race was $1k plus the extra for the difficulty level.

14. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinda feel bumped because I couldn't play this on my iPad 1. At least they fixed it in the update but I wish I waited...

15. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Then they shouldn't follow the stupid trend of dropping the price to $.99 two weeks after release. It's a slap in the face to their fans that support them first and pay full price. Instead, it's training people to to figure that the price will drop by a lot and shortly after release, and to just wait for it. So next time they release a game, why would I buy it when I know I only have to wait 2 weeks for a huge price drop?

Should do what Rocketcat Games does, have a launch sale to reward their loyal customers for buying the game early, then raise the price after.

16. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #396 SumoSplash, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    OK, don't flame ME for this, but I totally agree. Let me explain...

I want to preface this by saying I have only played the free version of RR1 and today I picked up RR2 since it just went on sale. With this being said, this is actually a GOOD thing in terms of my comments because initial impressions are the basis for this post. My initial impression of the free version of RR1 was LOVE, simple as that, and it was instantaneous. I downloaded it and was immediately impressed by the gameplay--the drifts, the handling, the slides, the grit--it was perfect. It has been the only racing I have experienced yet where I didn't 'feel' the controls; rather, I felt that I was in the game. RR2 on the other hand feels way too tight, the drifts aren't even close to the original and one little tap of the left or right button makes the car go too far to the left or right. This game feels more like Death Rally in terms of how it plays, and the actual racing in Death Rally sucks in that I don't feel like I am going anywhere. I've even been switching back and forth between the free version of RR1 and RR2 for comparison, just to make sure it wasn't me, but honestly I am having so much more fun with that one free track than I am with RR2.

So do I think RR2 is a bad game? Hell no. I'm sure it will grow on me and I will have to look at it as it's own separate thing. And really, it probably advances in just about every single way over RR1, except for how it plays. In this respect I think things have gone backwards.

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    This.

18. jgynwa11

jgynwa11 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Full-time iPhone Gamer
    RR 1> RR2. Kinda disappointed with RR2. The controls just don't feel right. The power sliding is horrible compared to RR 1. And the races always end the same. The AI with the better car always finishes ahead of the others.

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    If you want a sequel that improves in every single way over the original, play Zombieville USA 2. This is how you advance a game while still staying true to the original.

20. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    imo Zombieville 2 was worse than 1. Its timed now and isn't as intense as before. They should have had the time mode but also unlimited like the first.