Reckless Racing 2 (Universal) By Polarbit ($4.99--> 99c)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I didn't play the first one much, partly because I got Death Rally around the same time and liked that one better. Eventually bored with Death Rally and never went back to RR, but kept it on my phone just in case. Now I'm considering whether to replace RR with RR2 and hope that it does a better job sucking me in.

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, I like the "tank" option for controls, but so far, the handling is pretty much all over the place. Hopefully, that gets better with new vehicles and upgrades. The handling upgrades I've gotten thus far haven't improved much. There's still fun to be had here. Not saying the game isn't well worth the full price, but for someone like me, who will likely only spend a very short amount of time with it, I'm glad I only paid a buck.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Well, I have completely inadvertently found a ridiculous cheat/bug. If you name your driver the same as one of the other racers in the campaign (at least for "Bubba") you receive the points and money for both drivers.

4. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Wow, that was fast.

5. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    what's the recommended control set up?

im having trouble with the handling...

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Personally, I prefer tank.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Also using Tank, though it gets trickier as the cars get faster. I made the brake button stretch all the way across the screen so I can tap it from the side I am not turning with.

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    forgot to mention, i am using an ipad... with the Tank setup, the brake is in the middle of the screen...

also the problem i have is that the car moves too much with jsut a tap... i lowered the sensitivity to %35 and found it to be a bit better...

would really like to use the steering wheel but i dont understand it ._. i just move in S's all the time x_x with absolutely no clue as to how am i supposed to control the damn car

9. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yes lets hope Pixelbite realizes the sensitive controls are an issue and tone them down with the first update.

10. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Just downloaded the update and it ERASED EVERYTHING. My career is GONE. Thanks, Pixelbite!

11. And thank you for getting peoples hope up it's back on sale

Leave your problems to the game topic, not the sale topic

12. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Goddammit there goes my hopes and dreams

13. Me too, sigh... And I have this too!

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just saw the sale thread and it WAS BUMPED WITH A COMPLAINT. There is no SALE. Thanks, SumoSplash!

...see what I did there? :D