Reckless Racing - An amazing looking top-down racer (Coming Soon -for real this time)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pixelbite_Games, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I have money in itunes just waiting for this games release. One of the things I really like about this game is the freedom to run off the edges of the track and watch yourself fall off the edge of cliffs and such. That is one of the things that I like about Jet Car Stunts too. The freedom to go where you want.

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Get 4x4 jam then.... Alas! no cliffs to fall off from though

3. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    forget this, PIXELBITE = GARBAGE

4. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    Thanks for the recommendation I will check out the lite version but for me it is not as fun without cliffs to jump over or fall off of so I don't expect it will be as fun for me.

5. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    Actually...PixelBite = erf}(x) = \frac{2}{\sqrt{\pi}}\int_{0}^x e^{-t^2} dt. :p

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Another day & the wait continues

7. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    *lol* you're still waiting :)

8. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    Even the people who claimed to be upset and don't care about it anymore I am sure are really just waiting :).

9. mike1450

mike1450 Member

Apr 30, 2009
    gone...

Maybe this has been pointed out a few times, but the game's gone from their website (except in the news) and a few of the links to their games are broken. What a drag.

http://www.polarbit.com/grrt

I guess I'm just another nerd thinking that this game looks (too?) awesome.

10. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
  11. nothingreal

nothingreal Member

Jan 17, 2009
    something weird is going on -- maybe polarbit and pixelbite are the same company, or have the same developers working for them?

They both list Raging Thunder 2 as their own title and they both claim to be working on Reckless Racing as well.

I'm guessing that something's happened to either the developers or to the game itself.. It was probably a handful of developers who just simply weren't able to make a go of it... maybe they're keeping the game in limbo pending some financial investment or something?

all pure speculation of course, but something out of the ordinary is going on with this game and the company(s) that are developing it.

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    With Raging Thunder 2, Pixelbite developed the game and Polarbit just published it. I'm guessing the same applies to Reckless Racing. Perhaps there has been some disagreement between the two and Pixelbite is looking for a new publisher (that would explain why it was taken down from Polarbit's website). Again, that's pure speculation, but it does make sense.

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Tht was some Gyan from nothing real.... wht an irony!

14. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
  15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Funny, I was just about to write a post repeating my suspicion that a major publisher (in fact, I had reason to think it was EA) had taken on the game and had put a muzzle on the developers. Glad to have my suspicion confirmed.

BTW, the story does not mention an Android version. I wonder if that's still in the works.

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  17. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Surprised EA is now publishing this, but makes sense why there has been nothing from the developers in months. Hopefully it still is coming to the iPhone too, not just iPad. The screenshots are from a new level too. Sucks someone who has never heard of the game previously gets to play it, but everyone here who has been following for months is still kept in the dark and without the game.

18. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #1118 Piasintein, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    :)

By the way there's a problem: Pixelbite was developing Deliverace with Polarbit's middleware platform Fuse. But now?

It could be my first iPad KA! :D

19. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    The new screenshots look nice too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    #1120 Lazuli, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    EA often uses middleware. One of their major releases this year, medal of honor, uses a mixture of Frostbite (Digital Illusions engine) and Unreal (Epic's middleware used by nearly every developer under the sun).
    Stoked to see it's still going, and that they've convinced a top publisher to help release this. It just shows what a quality production it's looking to be.

Edit: screenshots; wow. Retina display makes me wish they'd hurry up and announce the iTouch 4g already.