Universal Record of Agarest War [HyperDevbox]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HyperDevbox, May 15, 2014.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    But the developer has already said that the iap is in no way required and really just amounts to "cheats" in the game. There is no way that relegates this game down to only being worth a dollar.

2. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    It's true that there aren't a lot of games with this complexity on ios, but based on the above rankings I checked out gamerankings.com and the console games were in the low-mid 60s (out of 100). That's pretty bad. So it's a big but bad game? Not an instabuy.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Same goes for me. I had Spectral Souls on Android and grew tired of it unlike Final Fantasy. If you're desperate for an RPG I'm sure this will be great but it's not only expensive but has mixed reception. It's definitely not a must have for me.

4. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I've read through all the reviews on Metacritic, professional and user. I'm a huge SRPG fan, but it just doesn't sound a good example of the genre. Over-sexualised, cheesy dialogue, bland graphics, and an 'artificial' length don't win me over. Unfortunate :(

5. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #45 worldcitizen1919, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Too bad I really was thinking of getting this. Still in two minds but no feedback here from those who bought it.
    How does it look, play on the ipad?

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone who bought this game on ios please review it...

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Few more effective ways to ruin immersion and my interest in a narrative than a generally over-sexualised depiction of of a particular gender/group (general, as opposed to a particular character exhibiting an over-sexualised perspective on other characters, as a personal shortcoming with a dramatic purpose).

Add cheesy dialogue, and it all starts to smack a bit much of stereotypical JRPGs for me.

(Do note that I am not saying RoAW is guilty of either, but those reviews indicate enough to stay my hand for now.)

8. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes please. Waiting for an ios review. Looks ok but no feedback so unsure about purchase.

9. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yup I looks them up too. Flat terrain, repeated scenarios, game is 90% random encounters and 10% story battles.... So I'm not getting it.

10. DarkLo

DarkLo Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I remember seeing this on 360 a few years ago but held off on picking it up due to mediocre reviews. Unless we get some really positive impressions about the ios version , I'll have to hold off.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow reviews are really turning you guys off even though Android has stellar reviews?

Keep in mind it's a JRPG not an ARPG and quite frankly, the complaints you have are very common in JRPGs. This is what also makes the game rare as in these types of games are rarely ported. I love Japanese culture so this right up my alley.

I'm sure everyone has their own tastes so I won't bug people to buy it. It isn't that cheap anyhow. I actually own a physical copy as well because I love CE stuff. I'll be enjoying this.

Btw, 90% and 10% random/story battles is probably an exaggeration but there's plenty of random battles for sure. Hell that's not even a fair assessment. Most RPGs are made up of random battles. If an RPG is mostly story battles there's something wrong with it.

12. Sestion

Sestion Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Awesome ! Thank you so much for this game. It looks beautiful. Instabuy. Enough said.

13. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I think it's more that professional reviews for the console version are mediocre at best. I don't put much faith in store user reviews, so that doesn't do much to restore confidence in the game's quality. Then again that's just me.

14. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I have it for ps3 and 360 and downloaded it to my ipad this morning so I can play it later when I get home.

My really only complaint with the console versions was the D-pad controls were turned 90 degrees from the typical directions ie up sent you to the top left diagonal as where it usually sends you to the top right.

Touch controls would eliminate that.

It's definitely not a tactics ogre or fftactics but it's on the better side of SRPGs.

15. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I decided to buy it. This is one of those 'either you love it or hate it games' if you look at the reviews but I liked the videos I saw and on mobile this has got a strong endorsement. I like the idea of generations and the extra content I feel adds value for money. I love RPG's and haven't got a JRPG on ios yet.

Also there's a lot of tracks on it. I like the special effects also. I love the idea of getting hitched and having a baby too. Although I read negative stuff all the stuff i saw I like a lot.

I had to go with my RPG gut feeling that this is going to be good for me although I plan to play it over a long time not in a week or two.

Also, I too love Japanese language and culture and people so I felt I just had to get this.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

*facepalm*

17. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Im buying it for the same reasons... just needed someone to tell me why should i buy it :) :) thanks :)

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Got this and having trouble in combat. Just going through the tutorial and moved the characters, read the help on the skills and it seems these are the only way to attack? My characters all seem to have sufficient AP's to do the skills but they are all greyed out... Finding this extremely frustrating to be honest... Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Jamie

19. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Im Buying it too, and really is a great SRPG! :D

20. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Star Wars KOTR