iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

I'm missing so much! Darn you school! jk..... sorta... :p

2. airhead3

airhead3 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Got the new update! First attempts to play didn't work, though...

I joined a game someone else was hosting, but the selected map didn't show up - just this one:

[​IMG]

I was unable to vote (or see details) for anything. We tried removing CPU opponents and the host tried to select another map (the host could see it but I couldn't). The three participants at the time all confirmed they had updated to the latest version.

We exited out of the game and I tried to create a game, and it seemed to be working (they could see the map I selected), but before I could start the match, the map disappeared again from my screen and everyone else's and we couldn't proceed...

We gave up after that. :confused:

3. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    yeah, that's another known issue. :(

leave maxplayers at 8, and you should be able to select levels properly.

4. LeopardGecko

LeopardGecko Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    #964 LeopardGecko, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    Whoa, the whole server just shut down. Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, my Internet rotor just got unplugged. xD

5. airhead3

airhead3 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #965 airhead3, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    Had some nice matches with Ace_of_Spades, Shell, and LeopardGecko, among others... :)

A couple of requests that may or may not have been mentioned before:
    • Manual team placement! Shouldn't have to shuffle 20 times to get all 2F (and wannabe's like me) on the same team
    • I know visual identification of teammates on map has been mentioned before, but I'd really like to also see a way to tell who's who on the teams (when I tap on an ally or enemy, it goes into the respective step through mode, but doesn't say who's ships they are. This seems a good place to have the username displayed)
    • The Blue Monitor doesn't get included in the filter for offensive (attack) units
    • When I'm in the match setup, I exit the chat - when I return to the chat, the view has been scolled to the top. I then have to page through all of the chat to get back down to the bottom (or wait for the next message)
    • A way to show which friends are online at the moment. It seems the only way to tell if someone's on is to run into them in a hosted game. Party mode would be much easier if online status was clearly communicated
    • I'm not sure about this one, but I thought I'd throw it out there: When you tell a selected group to move in formation (turtle or the current formation), they all go to the target area at top speed, which over distances stretches the formation to the point of uselessness. What if when a formation move is called, they maintain formation enroute as well? I know some of the move commands are intended for units to converge on a point, and that wouldn't make sense to maintain formation on the way over, but turtle, lines, and the custom formation move surely would benefit...thoughts?

These are all very nitpicky; I'm loving the update and the multiplayer is a ton of fun. Can't wait to see this continue to be polished!

6. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    So, I just got this game and I'm totally new to it, I was in the campaign, on the part where you need to talk to the 3 dudes in your planet for instructions, the 1st one on the left tells you to select your units and put them in "turtle"... I've done that over 7 times now but he doesnt say anything else. Help please?

7. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    Man those were some epic battles tonight. Looking forward to the next. :p

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #968 5duc29, Apr 10, 2010
    I have no clue either. I tried doing it again to see what you did wrong and I have no clue... I did get an "A" on it :D

EDIT: I still don't see many users online :( Sadly, the most I've seen were 7 users. And I was thinking of 50+ users online..

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    John did you make the red faction a deeper color in the update? It looks like it to me, and I love it. I couldn't stand the salmon color =P

10. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California

U just do it and go to the next. That's all there's no vo formation you're do e just go to the next red dude and back to the planet

11. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    It was redder since 2 updates ago not counting latest. It was the first update I think

12. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    Yep, do it then go to the planets, simple as that. :)

13. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    If John makes the redness of the faction exactly like how it looks like in Blue Defense and Attack, I will...

Well I'll do something real nice :D

I have no idea why it bothers me so much =P

Also John are you open to ideas for a special new Red squad?

14. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Anyone game? I'm really bored. Been playing too much Pocket Legends.

15. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Jhanig, let's do this!

16. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Okay. I'll be online.

17. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Those games were pretty epic. I made that last One vs. Many game epic.

18. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Good Game earlier Jhanig!

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Mr. Kooistra, I think I speak on behalf of everyone here that we would love to know who is who while ingame online.

Plus, no matter what color you see someone (Red faction as yellow), they see themselves as red, which is confusing.

Red class feels like it has the short end of the stick, as it has no special squads, while green and blue have healers, long range cannons and corvettes (green)

Also, people are rushing with the blue cruiser now =P

20. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #980 5duc29, Apr 10, 2010
    Good game guys. I really need some practice.

@The Bat Outta Hell,
    I think Red factions need a missile carrier with big range. Two words- Following Missiles :eek:

I think we need a free multiplayer app, with DLC episodes. It would be nice to see a lot more players online. I'm not sure if people would buy the campaigns but it wouldn't hurt to try. Or a free multiplayer with only one faction (Red) without a few units while a dollar for full red/blue and another dollar for green + $1.99 for each episode.

EDIT: Yes, good game h0130j03