iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Not happy with 3 ?:p

2. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Oh I'm never happy xD three is totally enough, but more colors probably means more ways to play (in strategic means) :p But if john doesn't plan adding any more colors, I'm still fine ;)

3. Foehammer117

Foehammer117 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden

what did you think about the idea about having ONE planet on "one vs many" so the one whose alone have a planet, to defend itself better.

and about CTF, it could work by having a flag ( or something cooler like an escape pod or something! :D) and to grab the flag you need to take your big base ship next to the enemy's flag, when you do that it will magically, attach itself to you base ship, and then you just have to bring the base ship back to you starting place.
    OR! or you can have special maps where everyone starts of with a flag (escape pod :p) and a "collector"(or you have to build the collector), a ship that takes no upkeep and looks the same for every color. which you use to take the enemy's flag to your starting area.

so it could work ^^

4. LeopardGecko

LeopardGecko Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    Is anyone up for a game?

5. Foehammer117

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    I am, now anyway ^^

6. Foehammer117

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    we need another player :p

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    #1047 The Bat Outta Hell, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    The app crashes often for me now. The bad kind of crashes too, the ones that send you to the apple logo for 20 minutes.

Also, green feels TOO nerfed from the last update. You can't build fast enough to save yourself, and the 2 other factions will dominate you before you have a chance to build up.

Also, cloaking sounds better for green. They have very expensive ships that seriously screw you over when you lose one, and cloaking could bring a small army close enough for an attack.

Plus, green seems to be the robotic technology wiz class right?

8. Foehammer117

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    yes green is UP now, takes a litle to long time to build :/

9. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    Gosh, anyone up for a battle NOW? xD I keep missing everyone. :p

10. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Sure. I played and I will play again :D

11. LeopardGecko

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    On my way now. :)

12. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I double the notion that green seems a bit weaker, maybe we just got used to harvester spam :p . Other factions do have a chance to build up a lot of stuff to really hurt you. Also another thing i noticed (might just be me though...) but the red base seems to move slower than the blue base even though all bases are supposed to have the same speed.

13. Foehammer117

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    #1053 Foehammer117, Apr 15, 2010
    I have this really crazy idea, and it probably suck, but who knows. what if there was a unit that could convert the enemy's harvesters and/or ships to your own dispose, like a hypnotiser/corrupter/converter/infestation unit :D
    it could work by having it infest/convert units over time (to survive it would need much life), or it could sacrifice itself to take over a unit. Or it just corrupts al ships that are close to it (if it would be destroyed, or the infested ships gets to far from the curupter it would lose its grip of the unit, .

If red had this it could really change the game sense red could get hold of MV's and monitors. though it's probably best if its not possible to corrupt fondrys and the base ships. And ether it wouldn't be possible to build anything with converted ships, or you can build, but you build enemy ships, and if your corrupter dies you lose control over them to.

The best would be if it had no ability at al to attack, like a scout. don't know if it should be fast or not. If it's fast it can have little life and still be able to get close fast enough for it to work.

14. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Could you send me your stats? Exact hardware, OS revision, etc?

15. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    iPod touch 2nd gen, newest OS (not beta), and a helluva lot of apps. Like 16 pages.
    Maybe that affects it?

16. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    16 pages? How?

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #1057 xStatiCa, Apr 15, 2010
    The game looks awesome with the whole glow look to it and the reviews seem good. I have been on the fence for months but after finding this thread and seeing how the developer responds to user feedback and the price reduction recently sealed the deal. Just bought it. Hope to play it tonight sometime. Hopefully it works on OS 4.0 beta because I had to install it to do some experimental development with the new 4.0 features. I can still play it on the iPad if needed.

Any chance on an ipad update even if there are no additional features except increased graphics resolution? I find myself using the iPad more often now for games.

18. Foehammer117

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
    Welcome to the family, the more the better! ^^ if you want tips, just say so, everyone will help. And make sure you apply for 2nd Fleet membership! ^^ (http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=259)

19. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again: I would love an iPad version of Red Conquest. :)

However, I have no timeline for that update - I wouldn't do a quick-and-dirty port, I'd probably have to do a fair amount of tweaking in the user interface department, which as you may know, there is a lot of in Red Conquest.

So I can't say when it'll come out, but over time I'll probably end up doing it.

20. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    The similarities between the factions kind of bug me at the
    moment.

Red builds things fast, but they're halted by moderately expensive units.

I personally think red should be designed for rush tactics, blue should be an all purpose faction (when currently it's more for rushing with cruisers), and green should be the powerful expensive faction (which it is, except they're still pretty underwhelming).

No gripes against the developer's choices though. Just my input :)