Republique Season Pass .99 1-31-14 to 2-1-14

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by neku233, Jan 31, 2014.

1. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I got it also, was planning on getting it at some point but wanted to wait for another episode so as to get a longer play time at once, but this deal was too good to pass up.

I don't even know much about what is supposed to be coming in the future, but I guess I'll be getting it now!

2. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok this looks good but got a question, did they give a time frame for the time it takes the next episode to come? We talking weeks, month? Months?

And also how long is the first episode?

3. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Thanks!

4. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Snif, I don't have ios7 on any of my devices :(
    Do you think it is possible to purchase IAPs through itunes on my pc?

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Is this possible? Really don't want to clear 3GB of space on iPhone

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #46 awp69, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    I was thinking about this and feeling less guilty about taking advantage of this. This game has been out a while. Why would they have waited this long to thank those Kickstarter supporters? I think this may have just been a way to get a quick injection of funds. Although I'm not sure why they wouldn't have just put the first chapter on sale.

Anyway, game is fantastic from what I've played so far. Truly remarkable for an iOS game.

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I'm really tempted to get the game and the season pass, but do you guys think there is a chance the other 5 might never come out?

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Anything can happen, no guarantee the other chapters will come out. Just have to take a leap of faith.

Also, what time does this sale end? midnight EST today?

9. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I think I only had to clear 1.5 gigs.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm curious about Republique. I prefer to assume there will be no chapter updates because often things lapse - is the game as is, in current state, enjoyable and content rich enough to be worth $5.98? I think I understand you tap the screen to move your character, wait until there's a stealth opportunity then tap again to sneak by - isn't that more of a casual game approach?

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    well $6 dollars from me, that they would not have got otherwise :)

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    To a certain degree, yes, but the quality of the game and emphasis on storyline makes it so much more. That and the voice talents involved and so much more.
    It's just a very well thought out product for the platform it was designed to be played on.

The controls are really just a small element of it but an element that is tailored properly to touchscreen while the rest is AAA quality.

In short, it is a standout title and definitely worth the $5.98 you mention. And more, much more.
    While I know everybody has different tastes in gaming, I personally think this game is a pretty big leap for iOS gaming overall and one everybody should try.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I have only played a bit but it's quite unique in it's approach. You aren't really controlling the character. You have a view from a camera and can look at objects open doors, etc. and then the character reacts to what you do. You can jump from camera to camera and see what's ahead.

It may sound casual but I've already been caught once because I didn't think things through. So if anything, it may require a little more thought than other stealth games. I wouldn't say it's hard (from what I've played, yet), but it really is an imaginative and unique way of approaching stealth gaming.

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Wasn't planning to get it, but as season pass is offer I can't refuse so easily I bought it all just because of promising story and puzzles.If it didn't have those no kind of price drop would make me buy it.

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Does anybody know how long would it take the season pass to download! Average??
    Also can I restore the pass like IAPs in other games??
    I heard it can't be done in this case!

16. max-o

max-o Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I really hope that they have season pass restore. I impulse bought the season, thinking WHOA PEOPLE FROM MGS, with gift cards at christmas.

I beat then deleted episode one for space (biggest hog on my ipad gotta go). This game has a ton of production value, but it wasn't really my bag. At least not yet. But most multi episode things start slow. Even wolf among us which was the best.

Gameplay was too simplistic and controls f'd me over (totally consequence-less aside from time lost, which was extra annoying b/c there was no sense of danger) enough times.

Given if I re-bought it now, I'd be on an ep by ep buying basis, this is an especially frustrating price drop. I get the kickstarter business, but I don't like the model that the early supporters are the ones that get the short end of the stick.

99 Cents for this level of content is a no brainer though. Go for it.

17. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    You can Restore purchases from the game's settings screen. Dumb place to put it but I was able to download the season pass on my other device. Attempting to buy it again also gives you the option to restore it since it isn't consumable.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You can restore non-consumable IAPs in ANY app by purchasing the IAP again. Apple won't charge you again.

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I think this is a pretty good move by the devs I've got to admit.

Firstly you're not reducing the price of the initial game so a lot of early adopters won't get pissed off, secondly it's a fairly limited sale in terms of time that a lot of casual iOS gamer might not pick up on so they might not lose a huge amount of cash they might otherwise be getting, and finally it pushes those of the fence to buy and try and hopefully post good reviews and spread the word.

I'd still be bloody annoyed if I'd paid full price for the pass tho.

20. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The game is listed as $4.99 on itunes. Do you have to buy the game, then the other episodes are listed as .99?