Republique Season Pass .99 1-31-14 to 2-1-14

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by neku233, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Exactly. Buy the game and then click the season pass d/l option in game. $5.98 seems a good deal for the hour or so I have played so far.

I probably would have passed on this one until the episodes were available, but like many others was reeled into buying this 'kick starter only' sale. Yeah right.

Devs must be laughing, at the publicity this has caused and probably see this as a second launch.....thanks in some part to TA and Jared. #

2. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Yeah I never back games with "episodic contents" because you are never sure how long of a interval they release the episodes after the initial launch.

Other than the new Broken Sword, I never back any other episodic content games on kickstarter.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thank to those who gave impressions.

For me I'm going to pass because $5.98 is a lukewarm price at best relative to a lot of other cool iOS games I've enjoyed and I'd rather pay more later when it's sure the game will be full than less with an uncertain future. No way could I retain Republiqie on my device for long and I suspect we will see a better deal in the future as episodes reach completion. Maybe this is fallacy and quality developers do deserve support... we'll see. I'm hard pressed to IAP a hypothetical that doesn't even really exist yet even if it is only a buck.

4. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ok ok... downloading now.

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I really want to buy the game but i'm having space deficiency. :(

6. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've got a huge backlog of games and I definitely would have passed on this one, but I could not resist getting it today. I spent about a half an hour with it and I have to say that it is enjoyable. I love stealth games and this is a different twist on the genre.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    lol. good choice

8. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Is the sale over?

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Haha... my US App Store IAP tab shows the Republique season pass remains $0.99. How about a raise of hands of those who feel for the whole "24 hour only secret sale" scam? [This guy did]

10. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Anyone know how high on the paid app charts this game went during this time period? I don't know where to check, but I'd be interested in seeing the position before and after this sale.

If this info is easy to find someone let me know so I can do this myself lol!

11. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    This game is definitely changing the scenario of mobile gaming. 5 episodes - $6 Nice Nice Nice!!!

12. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So did the price of the Season pass went up or it's still the same??

13. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Still sale price in the UK. 24 hours only, don't tell anyone #

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Isn't the 24 hours time frame over yet???

15. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    It's gonna be so hilarious if they put the season pass on sale because they know they're never gonna release another episode.

That's exactly what I would do if I knew there would be no future episodes. Drop the price to 99 cents and then spread the word that the sale is top secret hush hush oh dear god please don't let this wonderful secret get out to the masses, etc.

I hope that's not the case but if it is- it's a pretty brilliant marketing ploy.

16. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    So being a dishonest ahole is exactly what you would do? Gosh, good to know!

17. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Being "scammed" into getting 5 episodes for $6 is fine by me if they maintain the quality of episode 1.

18. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah same here! I don't even mind if they keep the price that way as long as they make the other episodes as promised!

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fair point, but right now everything's a hypothetical and we have only been delivered episode one. I like your optimism; maybe I just got skeptical that dubious marketing tactics suggest deception not convincing me the developers have necessary integrity to stand by their product in the long run.

20. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    It's business, baby.

They got mouths to feed and rent to pay, just like everyone else.

Which is not to say that they're actually doing what I suggested, only that one couldn't blame them for it.

And at the end of the day the game is so good that episode 1 is worth an extra 99 cents, so even if the rest of the episodes never show up- I'm still satisfied.