Universal Repulze (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelbite_Games, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thing is---if I'm looking to buy an apple and it isn't an apple, I'm not going to be happy with it. And in this case, why settle for anything less if it doesn't measure up? :cool:

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    This game looks like it has big potential to be something more. It had the sense of speed and graphics down.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You've gotten yourself a little mixed up I think, fruit analogies aside you can see what it is but want something else, that's what the phrase means. Turning it around doesn't make it any different.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't want to drag this out anymore, but I think it's healthy in these threads to discuss what the game is in comparison to others precisely because it does help others decide if the game is something they want. Those who have played the game can answer what it's really like.

Remember, some people compared Dead Trigger to a tech demo. This is no tech demo! LOL.

5. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    No other racers = dealbreaker is racing game.

6. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You are exactly right. @ September--no, not mixed up at all! You can't see how it is until you've played it, and what I was looking for and hoping it would be is a Wipeout clone that's actually worthy of being close to that, and after a few similar games here not being up to snuff, was hoping this was the one. The point is that this isn't it. Just a time trial thing. So, the context of what I said was indeed accurate for what I meant. The wait for a game that holds up to the original goes on as far as I'm concerned.

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #27 Delusionaltool, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    according to there website - UPDATE: Repulze will have multiple game modes, also known as Phases. The first phase to be released is a solo racing time trial where the goal is to push the speed limit to the max!

so in the next phase it sounds like were gonna see a actual racing game...so phase 1 is trial. phase 2 and 3 who knows but its pixel bite they have not let me down yet, this could be the wipeout clone we have been hoping for, still waiting on flashout 3ds updates it got pretty close just need to fix more things...

maybe pixel bite can jump on here an explain what the new modes will be and if it will indeed have other racers or online mode....judging from there other games i dont think we have anything to worry about.

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The phases are mentioned in the main app description too:

Phase #1 : Re-boot Camp (OUT NOW!)
    Push all boundaries to find the optimal use of the Repulze engine. Go as fast as humanly possible. Then go even faster. Don't even dare to blink!
    • Nine gravity defying tracks
    • Six hypersonic Repulze hovercrafts

Phase #2 : Break & Desist (Coming in first content patch!)
    Laws are made to be broken. Physics are there to restrict you. Break free!

Phase #3 : Lash Back (Coming Q1 2013)

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    From past experience, I have no doubt that Pixelbite will live up to their word with the promised new modes. I just hate when a game is released when it seems incomplete. Again, I haven't played it yet but with time trials only, I at least have a negative impression that it's being released prematurely. That may also be why it's also only $.99.

I'm not writing it off completely. Just want to hear more impressions on the gameplay and content.

I'd also love to hear more from the dev on exactly what these new modes will entail.

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #30 Delusionaltool, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    the dev probably didnt have the game complete yet , the time trial mode is prob all that is done to get the game out and as with most devs they will add to it via updates...i get you with it being incomplete it probably is in this case...but it looks to be a full fleshed out time trial mode. also what you said :)

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It's not incomplete, they've taken an aspect and made it fun and addicting. I wish releases went live globally, it'd certainly save on speculation.

No wonder developers look towards freemium when people want a fully fledged Wipeout clone for a dollar. Madness.

12. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, then we'll see. To me they should've released this thing as completed at least. Then you start questioning the price, then the dreaded IAP monster raises it's ugly head. You only have a small window of time to get your new game noticed, and this seems to some as dropping the ball here. Guess we'll find out one way or the other.

13. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    The plan with Repulze was to develop and release it in parts, or phases, in order to better tailor the game according to the feedback we receive. So if it's opponents and weapons that you want, then that's what we will try to do for the future updates. Naturally, we can't guarantee to deliver on every single request, but we will focus our efforts depending on feedback. So if you want it, and it's actually possible to do, then it probably will make it into the game.

Right now there's a solo time-trial race mode with challenges, and therefore the price is just $1. When Phase #2 releases we will probably increase the price to match. And no, there's no IAP involved.

We have already submitted a first patch with some nice fixes and an additional control method. Should hopefully be available real soon.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The game's an absolute blast. 'nuff said. :)

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'd gladly pay $10 for a Wipeout clone. Price isn't the issue.

Pixelbite - thanks for the scoop. Always good to hear the devs plans. And will definately understand increasing the price as modes are added.

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, MC to the rescue. ;)

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Your opinion and Pixelbite's response have made a sale. :)

18. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Finally got my 10 GC from com2us so ill be looking to get this (seems the best one for this week)

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh man, this is all too humbling. You guys are awesome. :)

Pixelbite, there's a small issue here. While the tracks appear locked and have requirements to unlock them, it seems like simply tapping them allows you to play through 'em. :/ I'm on a 4th gen iPad, 6.0.1.

I'm off to bed, but if you don't want people seeing what I posted, could another mod please edit my post and cut out everything after the smiley in the first sentence (if requested)?

20. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I guess there a is a reason why you have anticipated/hurried your plan. Maybe because Christmas time is a good time for sales ;)
    By the way, in your site Repulze is still "Coming soon"/revealed.

In the past it was not a good choise from other devs (for example Bean's Quest): your game will be reviewed/rated in its 1st current version.