Universal Repulze (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelbite_Games, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    the only thing i have to say is you are right... another thing i have to say i know you hate this game is incomplete as far as modes go however when they add the new phases and the game goes up wouldn't you rather be a early adopter and get the game for 99 cents then when they update it for free you dont have to pay the 1.99 or 2.99 price point when the phases are added.

I mean has Pixelbite ever let you down there pretty awesome devs, i still play The Getaway and Reckless Racing 1 + 2....I love the fact these guys have released this yes i know a time trial but the physics and track design the graphics are all top notch for a dollar that's all i am saying...

ok now back to Hundreds you evil evil game you

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I don't disagree with any of that. The problem is that some of your 'opinions' have been that the developers are not being honest about whether they'll update the game, and that we're suckers if we accept the game in its current form. I'm sure you can see why some might be a little annoyed.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on the matter. I see that Void has beaten some of my times. Gotta get to it. :cool:

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    That's one hell off a post Connector :)

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #144 Delusionaltool, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    nice connector !

and ive finally been able to sit down and play this game more then 10 mins.

HOLY FN CRAP its AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pixelbite has indeed nailed the physics, sense of speed, the learning curve its a game about playing a track over and over again to learn the gates placements (JUST LIKE WIPEOUT) i know there is clones of wipeout but this game Is the BEST wipeout clone sorry flashout 3d your excuse of the ship not turning cause hardware limitation is BULLHONKEY pixelbite did it...The art everything is AAA title right here. 99 cents everyone bitching about it not being a game is CRAY!

also the graphics everything about it I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT PHASES WHERE ARE THEY RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT NAOOOOOOOOOO!

1:55 im looking at you IronManXL! im gonna hit it im determined ive played the first track over 100 times i got the gates memorized, and i just realized you can get the meter full before you use your turbo that changes EVERYTHING...ive noticed the touch works great on 100 percent sensitivity you have full control works well in corkscrew turns to now hit the walls as much.... IM ranked 32 on the first map WOOT must do better VOID im looking at you i need to hit 2:00 once i do that then its on to IRONMAN!

P.S. - Bigrand1 this game is gonna be incredible once all phases come out, so much awesome just give it a chance more then 5 mins and deleting it its a full fleshed game there is alot here and challenges, leaderboards, i think they did this for us players to learn the game before they drop the hammer down with content I can tell alot of love went into making this game.

5. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I'm surprised no one called me out as I caved and bought the game two minutes after my rant. I mean, come on anything the RR2 guys put out IS insta-buy.

I still can't find smooth controls no matter what I try, though. I want to love this game, but they seem to have an odd concept of touch steering along with variable sensitivity. It get it, pure touch steering should be like a d-pad, and I will happily tap tap in a micro management frenzy like say Gran Turismo 2 on the play station. That just... Doesn't seem to work in the games these guys make.

6. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    #146 raymond_cgc, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Sorry bro, but is this a thesis or what?

7. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    RR2 is by EA, bro.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Reckless Racing 2

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I emailed the devs yesterday and asked about iCloud support. They said it will "likely be coming soon", so that's awesome! I greatly prefer this game on my iPad (seriously one of the best racers I've played in a long time) but I "have" to play on my phone because I have everything unlocked there already.

Anyway, they said they'd like to bring iCloud to their other games too (fingers crossed for RR2) but it's less likely.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#150 killercow, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    I'm sad you didn't use "bro" at the end ;)

11. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Are there games you prefer to play on iPhone instead?

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, it was pretty hard resisting that urge...bro. :p

13. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Not sure if it's a bug or feature... Using iPhone 4 and the touch controls. Normally the arrows are on the sides and tapping in the middle triggers the boost. While playing for about 1.5 hours the arrows moved closer to the middle of the screen until it was not possible to trigger the boost. Forgot to take a screenshot, but if it happens again (and if is a bug) will create. Anyway, restarting the application the arrows position reset to the sides.

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I posted about this exact thing earlier. Very strange. Happens to me roughly every other time I play on my i5.

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Devs are reading us, don't worry :)

16. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I bet it would be more productive if you'd open a specific thread in a specific sub-forum (and give link here too).

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, it would...and it would certainly relieve me from scratching my beard quite a bit, as far as deciding whether to leave the posts or delete them for being off-topic is concerned. With how much Connector writes, I don't have it in me to delete them. >_>

18. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I've moved those sort of off-topic, essay-like posts in a specific thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

Let's continue any discussion about HDMI out there :)

19. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Got images.

This is how the game looks when freshly started:
    [​IMG]

And after a couple of level restarts (reproducibly caused by it), the arrows start to move to the center:
    [​IMG]

20. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden

Thanks, we'll investigate the bug right away.