Revolt (Submitted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Graphicalgeek, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think it's great not having unlimited ammo. Otherwise you'll just be using your best weapon all the time!

btw, minigore isn't unlimited... just with the MG!

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

they could go the annihilation undead-unlimited with reload times

3. Dayyyum. This looks like a pretty kick-ass shooter. This is a one man operation?

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    http://revoltgame.blogspot.com/

Creators of Revolt
    * Kristopher Peterson - Art and Design
    * Jaap Kreijkamp - Programming
    * Sean Neville - Music

5. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

Revolt will not fail.

When I first got my ipod I was looking for a cool arcade type remake like Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors, or SmashTV...and the only thing remotely similar was Minigore. I saw there was lots of talk about it and everyone was raving so I picked it up...and was utterly disappointed, and frankly...baffled. Sure, the game looks nice, but 1 tiny level, 1 character that hardly animates, 1 enemy, 1 weapon (in different sizes)...all you do is run and shoot and occasionally turn into the beast thing...I totally do not understand the overwhelming popularity.

So, I set out to make Revolt, to make a game that I wanted to play, which took the spirit of old top down arcade games and mixed in some touch sensitive grenade throwing (to throw grenades you drag the grenade icon where you want to throw it in the world and that's where Guy will throw) along with a roll move to avoid enemy fire and add some tactical aspect to the gameplay. (Cabal had this mechanic and used a giant track ball) Take all that and wrap it in my favorite background, machines become sentient and declare mankind an enemy (Terminator) with a creepy, suspenseful atmosphere like the Aliens movies, and that's what Revolt is.

I only play the best, highest rated games out there and since Revolt is really a game that I'm making to play myself, I'm going to make sure that is the best out there.

Revolt will be awesome.

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Nice looking game, but isn't there a game called Revolt already? It's a PC racing game I believe.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/010/010647.html

Not sure if having similar names across different platforms will lead to any legal technicalities, but it's good to know anyways.

7. Graphicalgeek

I haven't really timed it out, and the levels aren't completely finished yet, but the last play through that I was keeping track of, I was playing on Normal and was about halfway through the 3rd mission and I'd already been playing about twenty minutes. The Hard difficulty would take even longer as the enemies are tougher and the levels only get larger as the game progresses, so you can extrapolate from that what you will for how long the game will be. I'd guess it would be a couple hours if you played all the way through on Hard.

8. Graphicalgeek

#48 Graphicalgeek, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    You have a backup pistol with unlimited ammo, but its pretty crappy and you don't really want to end up stuck with it. Think Metal Slug.

The pistol is upgrade-able though so you can make it not so crappy, but its still going to be no where near as good as the other weapons.

9. Graphicalgeek

That is Re-Volt.

10. hiptanaka

hiptanaka Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I share your sentiment and appreciate your enthusiasm for creating a stand out game. I'd also like to add that I felt the exact same for Guerrilla Bob after playing it. In light of the hype it received up to and during its release, I simply could not understand the intrigue for what I found to be a rather monotonous shooter. It's a competitive market and you have to have a real quality title to stand out these days. Your game looks fantastic and personally I think you've got a lot going for it thus far. Keep up the great work.

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yes! i cannot wait! if you're making it for yourself to play, then it cant fail!:)

12. Twitchfactor

Twitchfactor Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    25+ Year Game Developer
    Somewhere between Genius & Insanity
    Well, it can't fail to please himself. ;)

I'm still pretty certain that this'll be good and confidence in one's self is great.
    (although, I'd assume a more consumer-oriented attitude, considering your previous work).

13. rushipop

rushipop Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Nice!

i would love to buy this game as soon as possible. only thing is that u should create some extra characters(maybe in an update).

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

no new posts? :( come on, this looks awsome!

16. MilchMann

MilchMann Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Do you need a beta tester ? I take that very serious.

Anyway I am really looking forward to the game ;) !

17. Graphicalgeek

Not at the moment, but if we're looking for more, I'll post here.

Thanks! :)

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I missed this bit earlier. Well, the game looks great, and your attitude toward development pretty much kicks ass. So, yeah, this is now on my most anticipated list.

19. Rumblepak

Rumblepak Active Member

Feb 24, 2010
    This looks amazing, how long has this been in development?

20. Graphicalgeek

It has been in development on and off since May '09.

You can follow the development on the blog site.

http://revoltgame.blogspot.com

It was just myself until mid September when Jaap started, and its been the two of us since. We've both got side projects going on and I've had to take some freelance jobs for a few weeks here and there to pay the bills, so it hasn't been in continuous production the whole time.