iPhone Rex Rocket (by Castle Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Cool, that's exactly when the loading times became longer.. Good to know it isn't just me ##

2. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Looks gorgeous

3. jfleschler

jfleschler Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I'll look into what's causing the extra loading times! If it persists I've had success with closing out the game and rebooting the device.

4. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Okay, this spike shaft room into robot+platforms room into more spikes room is ridiculous. I made it past the first two rooms, but saw no way past the first jump over the long spike row in the third room.

Am I missing an ability? Is there an air dash I don't have yet, or a triple jump? Seemed near impossible, but I only got to try once.

5. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Awesome thanks.. I'll try rebooting my device and see if that helps.. Appreciate the quick response ✌✌

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Not really sure what room your talking about.. Post a screen shot, I don't think you'll be spoiling anything doing so.. Some obstacles might seem impossible but there's always a way.. And trust me most of time you have to try more than once lol.. Dying is ok ###...

7. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    http://imgur.com/i9pLO56
    http://imgur.com/PjoXDez

First and second rooms. I would post the third room, but the second room is really hard to get through, and I only got there once.

8. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Dude your way past me.. I'll be playing all day and when I get to that point I'll report back.. How many hours of gameplay have you logged in?

9. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    This looks amazing! After watching the gameplay video and reading the positive impressions poted here I am SOLD! This totally slipped under my radar until I saw it here today. This is why I love the TouchArcade forum community despite the esoteric arguments surrounding paymodels and casual vs hardcore gaming, there are a lot of thoughtful gamers posting and sharing impressions here and this is where I get some of my best recommendations. Im excited for this gem to finish download!!

To the Devs, despite large control layout and smaller screen realestate for gameplay I would still like the option to play on my phone. You have my money without hesitation, but Make It universal Please!!

10. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    So, the three room gauntlet I was talking about gets you the
    grenade gun
    . There is also another difficult area that gets you
    dash boots
    . Still can't beat the final boss yet (
    Lauren
    ), but its only been a few attempts.

Great game, but really needs better controls, though.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Is there any way to shoot diagonal? i'm having a lot of trouble with flying / ceiling enemies on this otherwise wonderful game...

12. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I hear you, they can be frustrating at times but I don't know how they'd improve them. I'm sure mifi support is coming soon..

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Nope but there is a gun that scatters bullets once you progress a bit into the game..

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks, i'll try to find it..

15. jfleschler

jfleschler Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Hey all!

I hope you are still enjoying Rex Rocket. Just thought I'd drop in and share a quick tip:

If you press and hold the 'shoot' button, it will stay pressed until you lift your finger. This means you can charge your shot and slide your finger to the 'jump' button, then release while aiming down to get more air!

This might make some of the tricker jumps a tad easier!

Cheers!

16. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks for the tip! I hope more people leave reviews in the App Store.. Haven't seen one yet.. Apple disabled my account from leaving reviews.. I've been trying to resolve that issue for months to no avail.. ###

17. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    Is there anything more than some upgrades to each direction when you first find the loader suit to get past the helper bot replicators? I didn't find anything but dead ends but worked hard to get there.. Need I turn back or search harder?

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #78 coolpepper43, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    That is not working for me. If I hold the shoot button and then slide to jump nothing happens. How do you charge a shot?

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Do you get the
    charge shot
    before or after the
    rocket jump
    ?

20. jfleschler

jfleschler Member

Jul 31, 2012
    After, probably why it isn't working yet :)