Rhythm Game SOON "secret name"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by drunknbass, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    bump. any news?

2. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    yeah, i really want a good dj hero style app on my ipod :)

3. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Yeah me too. It looks awesome and it was announced like half a year ago, *sigh* I hope this didn't get cancelled..

4. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Is there any news?

5. drunknbass

drunknbass Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    sorry guys, project got pushed to the side.
    you guys really want me to finish it even though djhero is out?.

6. Friso

Friso New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Well isn't dj hero for other consoles? Your game looks really interesting, especially the part where you can use your own music. And it looks close to finished!

But I'm also curious of something else, how did you plan to set up the community? Are you using openfeint or the Plus network maybe?

7. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    i'd say especially with djhero being out... ;)

only problem i see is that you could get in trouble with activision because this - at least to me - looks exactly like the console version.

8. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    yeah im desperate for a great app that replicate the gameplay of dj hero :)

9. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    yes please drunknbass, I'd love to see this on my iPhone. You could start betatesting and see what we think, wouldn't that be possible?

10. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    i could probably use open feint to challenge people if it could support what i wanted to do. if i did choose a 3rd party system it would be that as to support my fellow dev jason citron.

the game works by contributions of level data by other users and the game has a built in level editor as well as desktop versions.
    there is also a reward system for people who contribute levels(not including music)

so out of the gate it should at least support the top radio songs and grow in the way tunewiki did.

thats kind of the basic rundown.

11. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    That sounds great. If many people start building tracks it will be great. Hearing this I think it may be worth at least $4,99, because of the level editor.

12. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    yea plzz if you do hope you can do it befor feb 2010

13. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    it would be .99 (goal would be to hit top 50)

and ill get back into it then as it seems like people want to see it..
    it grew a little stale to me and i started another job and it kinda got pushed aside.

14. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Not trying to be rude, but next to no one will buy your game unless it has multiplayer. TTR3 sets the bar WAY too high. They have virtual avatars, a free and paid music store, the game is only a buck, they have very unique styles for different individual songs, and plus, their multiplayer isn't even just buletooth or wifi, it's the Plus network. They spent a long time on their game, and it turned out great. Don't rush your game; people may want it ASAP, but if you let it have it early, then they'll change complaining about the release date to complaining about the quality of the game. Make it good, and people will say "This took a long time to make, but was totally worth it!".

15. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008
    i was going to have multiplayer, but #1 thing is this is not ttr (1,2,3)
    that is a completely different game.. yes they have free and paid songs, but of their choosing. where my game is made to play your own music selection. Sure the songs you play have to have already been made and level data created, but this is trivial for the music most people have on their ipod/iphones. and the out of ordinary music will get levels over time as more people find a reason to play them. the idea of this game more than ttr3 would be the community aspect as that is where the content mainly comes from.

this is functionality ttr will never have while they are being paid by music labels to sell the songs through their game. Having music library access and levels for it would destroy what they have worked 2 years to achieve.

and if online avatars is really what you really like, this game probably wouldnt be something youd enjoy anyways. I personally feel the fluff ttr3 has added is aimed at 12yr old and younger, and that is def not who im focusing on with my game.

16. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    #56 Chronical, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    " the game has a built in level editor as well as desktop versions." - awesome. The only thing you need to refine are the graphics then. :) I'm going to buy and tell other people about this for sure. So this works kinda as Tap Studio?
    Edit:
    I think this game could be a huge success. Look at what you've told us - level editor for your PC and for your device. It can't get any better but then you say that there's a multiplayer option which could be awesome too if done right. If you really finish this I'll buy it in the second it comes out and create all the DJ Hero tracks. I know they're about 100 of them, but I don't mind.
    I'd love to betatest this :)

17. drunknbass

Nov 8, 2008

good news.. partnership with a big name game dev is a possibility.. which will mean more people working on the game... will update as soon as i know more.

18. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    yea baby

19. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Great to hear that, I'm looking forward to this game!

20. Chronical

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    #60 Chronical, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
    Yay! I'm so excited for this, this will be better than TTR3!