Rhythm Thief $9.99 --> $1.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by tyrran, Mar 6, 2014.

1. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    not my kind of game...but

TA gave it almost 5/5 stars http://toucharcade.com/2014/01/15/rhythm-thief-the-paris-caper-review-phantom-r-strikes-again/

2. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    #22 pouffie, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    You should not rely only on one source of information, and I have observed that review websites are quite lenient with their ratings. I want an experience that is as close as to the original game. People that have played it say this port is inferior in many ways.
    Sorry, but I trust user opinions much more than any website. If the user review is well argumented and constructed, it is valid in most cases (meaning it's not some kid's rant, it's something that has been thought over before being written).

3. gueeds23

gueeds23 Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Was interested in this, but then I saw it required a constant internet connection and has issues with corrupting saves and decided to pass on this for now.

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Considering TA will review a game after playing for five minutes, you probably should gather a collective opinion. Love this site, but their front page "reviews" are merely short impressions, often based on a couple stages, and not legitimate reviews. Shame that the cutscenes and scenario weren't included...all of the work was done and there, but whatever.

5. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I was on the fence until i saw the stuff with the internet connexion. I'll never encourage that kind of game. Too bad! It looks great.

6. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #26 verlaine, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    A word of warning: if you play through the story mode to the 'end', the plot cuts off near its climax and the game asks you to spend 'R coins' (premium currency) to 'unlock' the final chapter. My advice: if you don't want to spend more real cash than is necessary, DON'T use up any of the R coins you get at the beginning of the game. Just keep logging in for daily bonuses and you'll eventually earn enough R coins to unlock the final chapter (if you should decide to play through to the 'end').

I'm pretty annoyed because I'd expect a complete game (unless stated otherwise) after paying a premium price. Thank goodness I got this on discount.

7. MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie Member

Dec 19, 2013
    $2 is a perfect price for me! :)

8. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Exactly! Buying this even on discount encourages such practices from developers.
    Don't buy it, guys! Sega will eventually realise its mistake

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    As if Sega is interested in the opinion of a few ppl from tA, when there are several thousands of other people happily buy it at 2 bucks.

In the future, a constant connection will be required for most iOS games.

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I don't see it coming. Some examples?