Ridiculous Fishing (Vlambeer, Zach Gage, Greg Wohlwend)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jazzpha, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

We don't know yet! All we know is less than $5, but how much less we don't know. We're definitely not releasing it at $1.

You use tilt to fish and touch to shoot. The only orientation is portrait - but believe us, it's the only orientation that makes sense in terms of gameplay.

In the meanwhile, if any of you are interested in how this game finally came to be, there's an amazing interview you can read right here.

2. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    GOOD!! To many good games without iap come out with no way of supporting the DEV. You have a day one purchase right here! :D

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012

Awesome article! I really need to stop checking your twitter feed all the time, though; seeing everyone talk about how amazing the game is is making the days feel so much longer hahaha.

Also, is the main force behind the music KOZILEK or Phlogiston? Either would be great, though, don't get me wrong. :)

4. Vlambeer

Phlogiston is doing the Ridiculous Fishing soundtrack, so Super Crate Box and Spelunky fans will definitely recognize his hand in there. It's quite a relaxing soundtrack when it needs to be, but it gets pretty pumping during the action. You can actually hear a sneak peek on our OST at http://vlambeer.bandcamp.com/ - tracks two and three are from the Ridiculous Fishing soundtrack!

Aw, thanks so much!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I played Ninja Fishing back when it first came out and I've gotta admit, I do wonder if this will bring anything new or if I'll feel like I'm playing the same game again. I love the artwork on this though, I'll easily buy it for that alone. I'll no doubt enjoy the gameplay too, but I'd be happiest if playing this just completely blew Ninja Fishing out of the water.

Pun intended.

6. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    This game looks like a definite 'gimme for iOS.

7. Vlambeer

#27 Vlambeer, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    We know we're not really objective, but let's say we wouldn't be releasing Ridiculous Fishing if we didn't think it was proving that original game creators can make 'new' things and cloners can only make something as good as the original.

Yes, when the clone came out, we have to admit it was a 'well executed clone' of Radical Fishing. It was fun because they copied a fun game perfectly. We think that nowadays, it is a total carwreck - even compared to our 2010 original. Cloners can't add fun, new mechanics, because they don't know what makes a design tick in the first place.

We personally think Ridiculous Fishing blows both our original as their clone out of the water. It might be our best game yet. We're extremely, extremely proud of it. We hope -and think- you'll love it.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Looking forward to Ridiculous Fishing, even more now

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So, what- coming out this week?

10. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yeah...the 14th!

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    any size mechanic in the game. Like fish weight or length?

I suppose it wouldn't matter much because you are shooting them before you are measuring them :D
    BUT as someone who fishes almost every day in the summer, Weight and length is important!
    Maybe like a non shooting, relaxing fishing extra mode? Maybe this already exists!
    If there isn't one it's not a killer though. I plan on buying this and gifting it to my buddies. Been looking forward to it.

I'm really excited to get my hands on it!

12. Vlambeer

The different fish definitely have different sizes and weights and those also effect gameplay! You definitely don't to wait with shooting the heavier fish.

So glad to hear you're excited.

13. dinopuncher

dinopuncher New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I've been waiting a for this one. I love the art style in Ridiculous Fishing and the people that made it are behind some of my favorite games. The 14th can't get here fast enough!

14. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    perfect man. great stuff!

15. Vlambeer

Related to the game, but if you haven't yet, now would be a great time to sign up for Byrdr at byrdr.com.

16. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    what is it exactly??

17. Vlambeer

Let's just say that it's a good extra to the game and will make the last few days of waiting a lot more interesting.

18. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I dig that. Signed up!

19. Vlambeer

For those of you that didn't play the 2010 original game that we based our sequel on, Radical Fishing is still available at Bored.com for you to play.

We're getting super excited for the release & we're so glad to have all of you that are looking forward to the release with us aboard :)

20. dinopuncher

dinopuncher New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I've got this shiny ipad thingy sitting here with nothing fun to play on it! What should I do...#ByrdrWillSolveIt :)