Rift Hunter: The Developer Blog!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KingoftheNet, May 6, 2013.

1. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #21 whymikewhy, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    I just want to say that I've been absolutely astonished by this project. This is an instant download for me. I'm pleased to see the MMO theme in effect via co op and PVP. I'm a big fan of PVP in games like this and am looking forward to guild events. I spent alot of time admireing the DFO esports scene, so this really brings back alot of great memories. (Hopefully someone here will know what that means.lol)

As for the class I would like to play most; probably would have to be a female gunner like in DFO! I'm hoping future updates will bring in more playable characters and dungeons.(meaning I hope this game has a long healthy life)

2 important questions!: Where can I find more information about the development company behind Rift Hunters? And when will this release in North America!!?? <hopefully soon!!>

P.S. I'm a sucker for cash shops in MMO's, I'm hopeing to be able to buy additional items like costumes and such for my characters!

Thanks for reading!

2. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hmmm. "Professional" enthusiasm?

Hopefully we'll get some first-hand impressions from TA players.

3. KingoftheNet

KingoftheNet Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    The Werewolf is a total tank! He also has a lot of skills with heavy knock back! Thanks for your interest!

4. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    The developer is called Yinhan, they are based in China, Kingnet is publishing the iOS version of the game. As for a North American release, that remains to be seen, but we will be sure to let you know!

5. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    We will have a beta coming in the next two weeks! We invite all Touch Arcade players to join!

6. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Thank you! I took the liberty of visiting the king net website and am pleased to see a strong English speaking corrispondent advertising here at TA. I hope this is a sign that more Asian MMO's will be coming to the English speaking iOS market in an adequate manner. Any light you can shed on that?

7. DrNub

DrNub Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The Great White North
    It'll be great if you ported this to Android...

Such a great game, would love to play on my galaxy note

8. Thaumite

Thaumite Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    iPad 2 here and I HAVE to be a part of this! :)
    Willing to beta test

9. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Please don't think of this an just another Asian MMO, sure it does have some Asian MMO characteristics, but we prefer to look at this game as an arcade brawler like Golden Axe or Final Fight. As far as our teams English level goes, we have an international publishing team that focuses on quality localization and what not. Anyway, glad to hear you are excited about the game! Be sure to like us on Facebook for more immediate updates, as our we will cranking things up on our Facebook page this week.

10. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #30 whymikewhy, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Thanks again for the info, and I don't think of this as another Asian MMO. (I never think that) I'm a huge fan of the Asian MMORPG scene, so I'm highly anticipating this. What I ment in my last post was: Is there any information you can relay in terms of more games coming from the king net website. There are so many great new and popular games on there I would love to see get localized.

Oh and I'm definitely down for beta testing!

11. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    We have a number of unannounced titles in the works, you'll just have to wait and see. Glad to hear you are excited though!

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hey, if its in English I would love nothing more than to participate in a beta for this.

13. whymikewhy

whymikewhy Active Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Wow that is great news! I am very excited but also very worried I won't be able to play rift hunters on NA App Store. :(

14. Sirstaroth

Sirstaroth Member

May 24, 2013
    I found this game posted on DFOSource and I must say I am every excited for this game to come out. I would love to participate in the beta when it comes out. This is what I have been waiting for and can't wait!

15. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Great! Be sure to tell your friends in the DFO community!

16. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Class Introduction: The Gunner!

[​IMG]

Class: The Gunner
    Weapons: Guns, Bullets, and more Guns
    Combat Style: Ranged Combat
    Description: Dishonored space marines who have gotten into the business of hunting, Gunners are ideal for range attacks.

17. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Class Introduction: The Assassin!

[​IMG]

Weapons: Swords, stunning good looks
    Combat Style: Melee, Speed
    Description: Stealthily they kill as stealthily they come, Assassins are a group of swordsman with deadly skills. They have been trained in ways of Samurai, and will terminate any target when given the slimmest chance.

18. Sirstaroth

Sirstaroth Member

May 24, 2013
    Any news on when we will be able to beta test this game or when it will be released?

19. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    I just saw the build, we should have it ready for a beta test next week! We will release details as they come!

20. Sirstaroth

Sirstaroth Member

May 24, 2013
    Great! Can't Wait!